Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB The Show 24 Little Things Thread (Positive Little Things) (/forums/showthread.php?t=1017759)

Cubfan 03-15-2024 12:00 AM

MLB The Show 24 Little Things Thread (Positive Little Things)

One of my favorite threads each year!

The Gamer 03-15-2024 12:01 AM

Re: MLB The Show 24 little things thread. (Positive little things)

Catcher is using pitch comm.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

maddybutgames 03-15-2024 12:22 AM

female players are also createable for the base roster!! you can do a co-ed custom roster! (at least, thats what im doing haha)

Playboy™ 03-15-2024 12:53 AM

was watching a stream and saw ump cam

Cub12 03-15-2024 01:01 AM

Wow the audio! Cubs vs Rockies tied 1-1 bottom 3rd. Runners on 1st and 2nd. Bellinger hits a deep fly ball to left field and the crowd is doing the anticipatory cheering of it being a HR only for it to be caught against the wall with an audible groan from the crowd. Have never heard that before in this game. Fantastic.

bcruise 03-15-2024 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gamer (Post 2050892750)
Catcher is using pitch comm.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

He is, and it actually kinda caught me off guard. Because without turning the CPU pitch suggestions on (the glove location and highlighted pitch thing), you can't tell what the catcher is calling for. No signs, in other words. Which is honestly fine with me as that's exactly the info pitchcom is supposed to relay to the pitcher (granted they don't get an exact target superimposed in/around the strike zone, but certainly a general location).

The pitch suggestion option was redundant in the past seeing as how the catcher always put the signs down (as long as you knew how to read them), so now I have no issue with having the feature turned on.

bcruise 03-15-2024 02:12 AM

I can't say for sure if I would have been oblivious to it if it hadn't been in the feature preview, but....the eyes. You can really see how much better they are in closeups and the like. Really stands out to me as I played a lot of the game last year.

xNeurosiis 03-15-2024 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcruise (Post 2050892813)
He is, and it actually kinda caught me off guard. Because without turning the CPU pitch suggestions on (the glove location and highlighted pitch thing), you can't tell what the catcher is calling for. No signs, in other words. Which is honestly fine with me as that's exactly the info pitchcom is supposed to relay to the pitcher (granted they don't get an exact target in/around the strike zone, but certainly a general location).

The pitch suggestion option was redundant in the past seeing as how the catcher always put the signs down (as long as you knew how to read them), so now I have no issue with having the feature turned on.

I was wondering why the catcher wasn't throwing signs. So if you have CPU pitch suggestions off, you won't know what pitch he's calling for, basically how it is in real life, correct?