Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-06-2024, 11:55 PM   #601
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

2024 Oakland Athletics 06/24-06/26

Overall Record:37-46(5th AL West/14.5 behind Texas Rangers)

Game Results

Game 1
Athletics-2
Angels-0

Game 2
Athletics-6
Angels-2

Game 3
Athletics-5
Angels-4

A's remain hot with second straight sweep

Don't look now but the Oakland Athletics have swept two straight series' first against Minnesota and most recently against their divisional rival, the Los Angeles Angels.

The A's really won twice in the series as not only did they get the sweep but they also held Mike Trout to a 2-11 series and no homeruns. That is especially significant as Trout came into the series with a MLB leading 33 homeruns and on pace for an absurd 83.

The A's pitching was again outstanding in the series as their starters, Paul Blackburn, Alex Wood and JP Sears had good performances. Sears was the one that had the worst of the three but after a complete game shutout in his last appearance, that can be forgiven.

Blackburn pitched game one and went seven innings with no ones. His bullpen backed him up as Zach Jackson and Lucas Erceg also allowed no runs as Oakland took the win, 2-0, also behind two Lawrence Butler RBI's.

Butler had an outstanding series (5-11, 4 RBI) as he continues to fill the rightfield spot well after the Brent Rooker trade.

The A's won game two, 6-2 and game three, 5-4.

The team came from behind in game three aa Butler and Esteury Ruiz hit homers in the seventh inning to give the A's the lead at 5-4. A lead they would hold onto despite their closer, Lucas Erceg leaving the game in the bottom of the ninth with an at the time, undisclosed injury (turned out to be a strained bicep) that will keep him out a few days.

The A's will look to keep their streak going as they head to Arizona to face off with last year's runner ups, the Arizona Diamondbacks (45-35/2nd NL West)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2024, 06:48 AM   #602
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals drop series to Reds in Cincinnati

The Cardinals (64-57) dropped 2 games of a 3 game series against the Reds in Cincinnati to begin the week. The Cardinals are now a half game back of the Brewers and just 2 games up on the Reds and Cubs in the wildcard.

Story as old as time, starting pitching is decent and the bullpen implodes. Are pitching pitches well and the offense couldn't hit water falling out of a boat. The Cardinals scored 7 runs this series, five of those coming in the win on Wednesday.

The Cardinals will host the Dodgers this weekend for a 3 game series.

Harrison Bader to the IL with back issues

The Cardinals have placed Harrison Bader on the 10 Day IL due to back issues. Bader left Wednesday's game with the Reds. Bader has struggled this year at the plate but his glovework has been gold glove standard.

Alex Idersnia was recalled Memphis to fulfill the vacant roster spot.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-08-2024, 12:35 AM   #603
Pro

OVR: 0

TIGERS SWEEP PHILLIES

TIGERS 3 PHILLIES 1 JUNE 24, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Tigers beat the Phillies 3-1 in game one of the three game series. Gio Urshela (2) homered, and drove in two. Jack Flaherty (8-2) allowed one run on seven hits over seven innings to earn the win.

TIGERS 5 PHILLIES 2 JUNE 25, 2024

BOX SCORE

Matt Manning (10-2) allowed one run on four hits over seven innings, as the Tigers beat the Phillies 5-2 in game two. Spencer Torkelson hit his 24th home run.

TIGERS 3 PHILLIES 2 JUNE 26, 2024

BOX SCORE

Jake Rogers (13) hit a walk off home run to complete the sweep over the Phillies. Javier Baez and Kyle Dutcher added RBIs for the Tigers. Andrew Chafin (3-1) earned the win in relief.

The Tigers now head to Los Angeles, for a four game series against the Angels (35-44).

2024 TIGER SCHEDULE/RESULTS

2024 MLB STANDINGS

DETROIT TIGER STATS

FOLLOW MY FRANCHISE
Old 05-08-2024, 06:44 AM   #604
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals drop series to Dodgers

The Cardinals (65-59) dropped 2 games of a 3 game series with the Dodgers in St.Louis over the weekend. The Cardinals are still just a half game back of the Brewers in the NL Central and lead the Cubs and Reds by 2 games each for the third wild card.

The Cardinals were shutout on Friday as Yamamoto pitched a complete game shutout yielding just 2 hits while striking out 12. Cooper Hjerpe made his 3rd start of the season after replacing injured Kyle Gibson. Hjerpe served well against the Dodger lineup going 6 innings giving up 3 runs on 6 hits and striking out 5, including Shohei Ohtani in both plate appearances. The Cardinals would fall 4-0.

Saturday saw a wild game where the two teams combined for 23 runs, 35 hits and 8 homeruns. The Dodgers got out to an early 5-0 lead after two innings on Miles Mikolas. The Cardinals would tie the game in the 3rd with a 5 run inning that saw back to back to back homeruns off of Clayton Kershaw by O'Neill, Nootbaar and Brandon Donovan. In the 6th the Dodgers would go back ahead 8-5 only for the Cardinals to tie in the 7th. In the 9th the Dodgers scored 3 to go up 11-8. In the bottom of the inning the Cardinals would score 4 runs capped off by Willson Contreras walk off single to win the game 12-11.

Sunday was less exciting. The Cardinals would lead 3-0 going into the 8th with Liberatore pulled. Jo Jo Romero would walk the bases loaded and Jordan Hicks was one out, one pitch away from getting out the jam, but hung a 2-2 slider to Will Smith who launched a grand slam. The Cardinals wouldn't put another runner on base, losing 4-3.

The Cardinals remain home as they welcome the Brewers to town for a key matchup for the NL Central Division lead.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-08-2024, 08:28 AM   #605
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

The Cardinals (5-5) lose 2 out of 3 to the Marlins and welcome in the Phillies (7-2).

New GM MizzouRah makes his first moves of the 2024 season, sending down OF Jordan Walker to AAA and signing 3B Evan Longoria to a 1yr, $3.5M contract.

Walker was hitting .200 and was in a platoon role to start the 2024 season. "Jordan needs to play everyday and we just don't have an everyday spot for him right now at the MLB level" GM MizzouRah added.

"Signing Longoria gives us depth at 1B/3B and a veteran RH bat off the bench", commented MizzouRah.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2024, 09:08 AM   #606
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

☆End of month Reds recap☆

May record: 12-15

Overall record: 31-27

It's the end of May, and here are some team and player stats, as well as league leaders.

AL PotM- LF Yordan Alvarez .383 23hr 47rbi

NL PotM- RF Ronald Acuña Jr. .321 13hr 47rbi

Team leaders:

Avg: TJ Friedl .333

HRs: Matt McLain 13

RBI- Jeimer Candelario 39

League leaders:

Batting average: Mike Yastrzemski - .335/Yordan Alvarez - .383

HRs- Yordan Alvarez - 23

Josh Jung - 20

Mike Trout/Gunnar Henderson - 17

Adolis García/Jorge Soler/Manny Machado - 16

RBIs- AL- Corey Seager - 56

NL- Austin Riley - 51

Team notables:

Elly De La Cruz with 15 stolen bases is 2nd in NL, 3rd in MLB.

Hunter Greene is 5th in the NL with 65 strikeouts. Also tied for 2nd in MLB for least HRs allowed (4).

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 05-08-2024, 11:39 AM   #607
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

After the Cubs walkoff game three and we start the month of June with a heartbreaking loss the managers have seen enough.

Cincinnati Reds roster transactions

● Reds sending down RP Ian Gibaut to triple A. Ian has had 28 appearances giving up whopping 45 hits. 1.54 WHIP, and a 6.08ERA to boot.

~RP Buck Farmer is called up to replace Gibaut. Buck in triple A has 30 appearances. Only 16 hits given up with a 0.59ERA. Reds hopeful his great start can continue in the majors.

● Reds also bringing back up SP Graham Ashcraft. Graham recently just off IL stint, getting injured while in the minors early on this season.

~ P Nick Martinez will be placed in the bullpen as Graham takes his spot in the rotation. Martinez has struggled as a SP this season. In 12 starts he has a 4.83era and has really struggled giving up homeruns, allowing 12 already. Same amount he gave up in 63 appearances last year.

● RP Lucas Sims sent down to triple A. 29 appearances he had a 4.88era and 1.27 whip.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 05-08-2024, 12:16 PM   #608
MVP

Lil Worm's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdutch98
TIGERS SWEEP WHITE SOX

TIGERS 7 WHITE SOX 3 JUNE 21, 2024

BOX SCORE

Riley Greene (14) homered, and drove in three, and Carson Kelly added a pair of RBI, helping the Tigers to a 7-3 win over the White Sox. Casey Mize (9-3) allowed one run in six innings to earn the win.

TIGERS 7 WHITE SOX 2 JUNE 22, 2024

BOX SCORE

Riley Greene (15) homered for the second consecutive game, and drove in two, leading the Tigers to a 7-2 win over the White Sox. Jose Agua (12) added a home run of his own. Tarik Skubal (15-0) took a shoutout into the eighth inning and finished with one run allowed in seven and two thirds innings, earning the win, his league leading 15th of the season.

TIGERS 7 WHITE SOX 3 JUNE 23, 2024

BOX SCORE

Javier Baez (17) homered twice to lead the Tigers past the White Sox 7-3, completing the sweep. Jose Agua (13), Jake Rogers (12), and Kyle Dutcher (29) also homered. Kenta Maeda (8-2) allowed two runs on five hits in seven innings to earn the win.

The Tigers remain home, hosting a three game series against the Philadelphia Phillies (41-36). They will then head out on a 10 game road trip with series against the Angels, Twins, and Reds.

2024 TIGER SCHEDULE/RESULTS

2024 MLB STANDINGS

DETROIT TIGER STATS

FOLLOW MY FRANCHISE

Man I have been wanting to start another franchise using the Tigers. Reading this makes me want to even more.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »