Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-27-2024, 04:06 AM   #537
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
7-20 with the Detroit Tigers.

.269 team bavg
.436 slug
30 hr
.294 obp
4.18 ERA

105-139 score differential

Overall not bad stats minus only drawing 33 walks
I just can’t seem to win.

3-8 in 1 run games
4-13 in games decided by 2 runs or less
I respect the grind!
Old 04-27-2024, 04:43 AM   #538
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus09
I respect the grind!

haha. me too
Old 04-27-2024, 09:17 AM   #539
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
7-20 with the Detroit Tigers.

.269 team bavg
.436 slug
30 hr
.294 obp
4.18 ERA

105-139 score differential

Overall not bad stats minus only drawing 33 walks
I just can’t seem to win.

3-8 in 1 run games
4-13 in games decided by 2 runs or less
This is fantastic, though. If you're planning on playing multiple seasons like a lot of us do, the payoff for grinding through this first season will be immensely satisfying.
Old 04-27-2024, 10:23 AM   #540
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

ORGANIZATIONAL RANKINGS

IBL_header2

Team_Rankings_Aug24
Old 04-27-2024, 11:10 AM   #541
Rookie

Blue Jays split a 2 games series

Game 1 : TOR 2-1 PHI
Game 2 : TOR 2-4 PHI

The Blue Jays extend their winning streak to 10 on Tuesday in a pitcher duel between Gausman (7.0 IP, 8 Ks) and Suárez (7.0 IP, 4 Ks). The score was tied 1-1 until the top of the 9th when Daulton Varsho hit a single follow by a walk by Bichette. With a runner in scoring position, Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and George Springer hit back-to-back sacrifice fly before Jordan Romano closes the door by striking out the side and earning his 11h save of the season.

Unfortunately for the Blue Jays, their winning streak came to end on Wednesday afternoon as the offense recorded only 5 hits.

Toronto (28-9) have a day off as they travel back to Canada for a 3 games series against Minnesota (22-15).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2024, 11:56 AM   #542
Rookie

dragster646's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
This is fantastic, though. If you're planning on playing multiple seasons like a lot of us do, the payoff for grinding through this first season will be immensely satisfying.
Absolutely. My first year: 56-106, second year made the playoffs as a wild card and was one inning away from the World Series (still not over that Dansby Swanson home run in the bottom of the ninth...). My team took a step back in year three, but so far things are still looking good in year four. As someone who has never finished one whole season prior to this franchise, I must say the grind is worth it.

Another perk of doing multiple seasons: Wild things can happen. I'm in 2025 and the Yankees are one of the worst teams in the league. Aaron Judge signed with the Reds, a washed up Giancarlo Stanton was traded to Boston (!), Anthony Rizzo is...somewhere after I traded him to Colorado in 2024. It's a mess, and I love it.
Old 04-27-2024, 12:04 PM   #543
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster646
Absolutely. My first year: 56-106, second year made the playoffs as a wild card and was one inning away from the World Series (still not over that Dansby Swanson home run in the bottom of the ninth...). My team took a step back in year three, but so far things are still looking good in year four. As someone who has never finished one whole season prior to this franchise, I must say the grind is worth it.

Another perk of doing multiple seasons: Wild things can happen. I'm in 2025 and the Yankees are one of the worst teams in the league. Aaron Judge signed with the Reds, a washed up Giancarlo Stanton was traded to Boston (!), Anthony Rizzo is...somewhere after I traded him to Colorado in 2024. It's a mess, and I love it.
This is what's it's all about, man. 100% . You're getting the most of what this game has to offer.
Old 04-27-2024, 05:17 PM   #544
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

July 29 - August 1, 2024: SALT LAKE (57-54) @ FLAGSTAFF (48-63)
Stadium: AutoZone Park (Capacity: 13,406)

July 29: Chukars 6, Hops 4
July 30: Hops 4, Chukars 0
July 31: Hops 3, Chukars 2
August 1: Hops 9, Chukars 7

Fl;Flagstaff, AZ (AP) - Flagstaff took three of four from Salt Lake to bring the home stand to a close.

Salt Lake opened up the four game series by rallying for a 6-4 victory over the Hops. A five run sixth inning was the difference and the Hops sank further into the cellar in the ML West.

Flagstaff got off to a quick start, scoring three in the first inning. Roberto Geronimo got things going with a one-out RBI single that score David Benitez. Ryan Kelly then added a two-out two-run single, but was out advancing to second.

Salt Lake would get one back in the fourth on Geronimo RBI single to right that scored Robby Payne.

Juro Yamaguchi was cruising along until the sixth. He would get the first two batters out, then ran into trouble. J.P. Grant singled to right and Geronimo followed with a single. Darell McCloud then blasted a three-run home run to put the Chukars in front 4-3. It was his 19th on the year. David Hernandez and Derek Hills then hit back-to-back doubles for another run and Guerrero singled home Hills to make it 6-3. The Chukars batted around to turn a two run deficit into a three-run lead.

The Hops would get one back in the seventh on a solo home run from Ryan Kelly, his 14th.

The Chukars bullpen would get the job done with closer Emmett Franco striking out the side in the ninth to pick up his 29th save. Virgil Wray (8-3) picked up the win, tossing six plus innings and allowing four runs on eight hits. Juro Yamaguchi (3-10) took the loss, throwing 6.1 innings and allowing six runs on 11 hits, while striking out eight and not walking a batter.

On Tuesday evening the Hops shutout the Chukars 4-0. Russell Fluty tossed seven shutout innings, scattering four hits and striking out five to earn the victory.

The Hops would grab the lead in the third on a Robbie Westbrook RBI double that drove in Forrest Owen. They would extend that lead to 2-0 in the fourth on an Emmitt Hampton home run, his 15th on the year.

Forrest Owen would add a two-run home run in the fifth to make it 4-0, his 11th on the season.

The story was Russell Fluty though. After a couple of mediocre starts, he brought his A-game on Tuesday evening to pick up his fourth win on the season. Oliver Benedict and Aldo Osuna each tossed a scoreless inning in relief.

Kiko Pressley, getting the start at third base, went 2 for 4 in the game. After the game Pressley was traded to Long Beach for three prospects.

On a rainy Wednesday evening, Donnie Roland, just recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque, was the hero. Roland went 3 for 4 with a double and home run, driving in two as the Hops rallied late to defeat Salt Lake 3-2 in walk-off fashion.

The Hops would grab the lead in the first on back-to-back doubles from David Benitez and Emmitt Hampton. They would extend that lead to 2-0 in the fourth on a Donnie Roland solo home run, his second of the season.

Starter Geraldo Rodriguez was lifted after seven shutout innings. He allowed just two hits and struck out three in a fantastic performance. Oliver Benedict came on and gave up a solo home run to Derek Hills in the eighth.

Vic Miller came on to close it out, but hit Hernandez with two outs in the ninth. He was pulled for a pinch runner, Elijah Hedgepath. Rafael Geronimo then lined a double into the left-center gap and Hedgepath came around to score to tie the game at 2-2. It was Miller's fifth blown save on the season.

But the Hops offense came through. Emmitt Hampton singled to open the ninth and was lifted for a pinch runner, Oscar Aleman. Roberto Geronimo rolled over on one to short but beat out the attempted double play. Donnie Roland then doubled to left-center and Geronimo came all the way around to score the game winning run.

After the game, Roland said that he hadn't lost faith being back in Triple-A. “I kept my head up. Rumors have been swirling about my future here in Flagstaff, but I feel like I can help this organization and I am glad to be back here.”

Vic Miller blew the save but was credited with the win, to improve to (3-2).

in Thursday afternoon's finale, the Hops brought their big sticks, hitting four home runs and pounding out 12 hits in a 9-7 victory over the Chukars to win the series. Roberto Geronimo went 3 for 5 with two home runs and drove in three to pace the Hops offense.

This was a back and forth game early on with Salt Lake grabbing a 1-0 lead in the second don a Darell McCloud solo home run, his 20th on the year. Flagstaff responded in the bottom half with a two-run home run from Donnie Roland. It was his second home run in as many games since being recalled from Triple-A, and put the Hops up 2-1.

Salt Lake would retake the lead in the third. Darell McCloud's RBI single tied the ballgame and Rafael Geronimo's two-run double put the Chukars in front 4-2.

Roberto Geronimo had the answer for Flagstaff as he blasted a two-run home run to tie the game at 4-4 in the bottom of the third.

The Chukars would go ahead again in the fifth as Rafael Geronimo singled to right with Juan Corona scoring. Darell McCloud was thrown out on the play (9-3-2) to end the inning.

Flagstaff would retake the lead for good in the bottom of the fifth on an Emmitt Hampton two-run hum run, his 15th on the year. Roberto Geronimo followed that with a solo home run to left, his second of the game and 24th on the season, to put the Hops up 7-5. They would extend that lead to 9-5 in the seventh on a bases loaded two-run single to right from David Petrovski.

Salt Lake would draw closer in the ninth on a two-run home run from Juan Corona off of reliever Aldo Osuna. Manager Matt Blake would then bring in Vic Miller to get the final out, striking out J.P. Grant to end the game and pick up his 23rd save.

Ryan Pressley (9-10) picked up the win, throwing seven innings and allowing five runs on eight hits. He struck out five and walked two.

Robbie Westbrook was the only positional player not to record a hit, but he did walk twice and scored a run.

The Hops (48-63) will now travel to Prescott to take on their rivals, the Hot Shots (50-60), for a three game weekend series.

Around the League: Chandler's Santiago improved to (13-2) despite a lackluster performance as Chandler rallied from a four run deficit to defeat Mesa 8-4. Santiago went six innings, allowing four runs on five hits, while walking five and only striking out two. Zach Dossett (22) homered and drove in two and Dewayne Ross homered (14), driving in three, to lead the first-place Chiefs.

St George blew a late lead, but then rallied to defeat Surprise 2-1 in 12 innings in a battle of first-place clubs. Steve Mihelich homered (17) with two outs in the bottom of the ninth off of Archers closer Sam Goodman to tie the ballgame. It was Goodman's seventh blown save on the season. But Angel Montes singled home Mikey Fisher in the top of the twelfth after Fisher opened the inning with a triple, his second of the ballgame, to win it for the Archers.

Colorado Springs' Donnie Samuels went 4 for 5 with a double, home run (6), three RBIs and two runs scored as the Snow Sox pounded Prescott 10-3 to move with a half game of the Hot Shots for third in the ML West. Colorado Springs is 13-6 in their last 19 games as they look to dig out of a hole that they dug themselves. They are now 9 1/2 games out in the Wild Card chase.

Chandler scored seven times in the bottom of the ninth to tie Mesa at 11-11, but lost it in the 14th inning on a Godfrey deGraaf (7) solo home run. The teams combined for 42 hits and 23 runs, but only three home runs. Four players had four hits in the game (Scott North and Karl Lentzkow for Chandler; Albert Pulido and Godfrey deGRaaf for Mesa)

Phoenix defeated Chandler 5-4 behind a strong pitching performance from Mario Escobar (9-10) as they defeated their former pitcher Rueben Starr (11-5). Escobar went 7.1 innings allowing three runs (one earned) on four hits while striking out nine for the last-place Firebirds. Starr got roughed up for four runs on five hits in just 4.2 innings of work against his former team.

Glendale's Dan Moore (8-5) tossed eight shutout innings, allowing four hits, while striking out 12 and not walking a batter in a 6-0 victory for the Desert Dogs over Tucson.

Scottsdale scored four runs in the top of the tenth to win in San Diego 6-2 and move into first place in the DL Central. Lee Lim (25) and Mark Griffin (18) each hit two run home runs in the tenth as Scottsdale won its seventh straight and improved to (13-1) in their last 14 games.

Colorado Springs continues to play well in the second half and Thursday afternoon they defeated Prescott 11-0 behind a complete game shutout from Sam Gonzalez (7-6). He scattered three hits, while striking out 11 and not issuing a walk. Mike Rock (18) and Donnell Marcus (24) each homered for the Snow Sox.

Series35_24
Donnie Roland and the Hops celebrated on Wednesday evening, that has been few and far between in 2024.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »