Home

MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-24-2024, 04:40 PM   #345
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread

After one week with the game on PlayStation, I am sufficiently impressed enough to make the plunge and get a copy for my on-the-go Nintendo needs. I might play so much baseball this summer I forget to eat, and lose the 30 pounds I badly need to lose.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM   #346
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I was able to get in 5 games this weekend and I'm having an absolute blast with this game.

Hit variety is really good. Defensive play is really good - especially when you go Auto fielding and Auto throwing the animations open up and you really see more of a sense of urgency from defenders to make a play on the baseball.

CPU isn't home run or bust in terms of offense, and the same is also holding true for me; scored 8 runs in one game without hitting a HR.

I'm liking the presentation - not sure if the Regional broadcasts are the same or similar to 23, but I really like the ones I've seen so far - Baltimore's was really a standout.

Still debating on what team to use for franchise. I've come away impressed with Cincinnati and Pittsburgh after using both teams. Blue Jays, Orioles, Mets and Dbacks are also in the mix.

There is some slight stuttering in replays and pre-pitch, but nothing that has impacted gameplay.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-25-2024, 12:37 PM   #347
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I was able to get in 5 games this weekend and I'm having an absolute blast with this game.

Hit variety is really good. Defensive play is really good - especially when you go Auto fielding and Auto throwing the animations open up and you really see more of a sense of urgency from defenders to make a play on the baseball.

CPU isn't home run or bust in terms of offense, and the same is also holding true for me; scored 8 runs in one game without hitting a HR.

I'm liking the presentation - not sure if the Regional broadcasts are the same or similar to 23, but I really like the ones I've seen so far - Baltimore's was really a standout.

Still debating on what team to use for franchise. I've come away impressed with Cincinnati and Pittsburgh after using both teams. Blue Jays, Orioles, Mets and Dbacks are also in the mix.

There is some slight stuttering in replays and pre-pitch, but nothing that has impacted gameplay.
Agree with all of this.

I was able to play 4 exhibition games in the past week.

The colors pop better than last year and it's a cleaning look than last year.

The game has all kinds of hit varieties and the fielding looks good too.

I know others have said Franchise is light again, so, I always in favor of more options

for other areas of the game that are lacking.

Between the foul lines, though, this is a great game, in my opinion.
Old 03-25-2024, 12:53 PM   #348
Rookie

wizfan2's Arena

OVR: 3

Impressed so far, colors pop (MLB 23 was kinda dull) really loving the subtle gameplay changes. The break on curve balls, the new fielding animations and improved balance when it comes to base stealing has really helped resolve the fdoible play issues that made MLB 23 just not as much fun to play. There have been some instances in gameplay when you notice the differences when things that you get used to happening in a particular sports game don't happen just bring a smile to your face, ex. ball rolls away from a catcher on a swipe tag, kinda sat up like whoa nice!! Again really impressed so outside of the AWFUL UI epecially the font used in the MLB THE SHOW broadcast for franchise.

"A wise man never knows all, only a fool knows everything"

"If you were making a list of people you trusted, would you put your name down"
-NF "Only"
Old 03-25-2024, 01:59 PM   #349
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

The custom game entry conditions you can set for simming franchise games is a game changer for me. Usually games I don't play, I would Quick Manage. This feature allows me to hop in to games when it counts, feel like I've made an impact on the outcome and still get through games fairly quickly.
Old 03-25-2024, 02:48 PM   #350
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizfan2
Impressed so far, colors pop (MLB 23 was kinda dull) really loving the subtle gameplay changes. The break on curve balls.
Man, this is so noticeable. It actual lets you distinguish and read the pitches better when you’re batting.

I have moved up to LEGEND pitching and loving the challenge.

LEGEND hitting? Gotta give it a little more time. Scored 6 runs the first try then 0 the second.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:31 PM   #351
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I've been having a great time with this years version. Hit variety and the smoothness of play is the best it's ever been imo.

The Bullpen AI stuff is still whacky. I won't go in to it, it's been dicussed ad nauseum and I just sort of live with it.

Here are my two biggest pet peeves outside of the CPU Bullpen AI, and bear in mind they are both minor issues but they bug me for real.

1. Why can't we disable the home run cam? We've been asking for this for years. I get you've got all the cool bat flips and swag, but make those part of the replay package in game. I also know people like the home run cam, so you don't need to kill it, just make it so it's an option we can disable.

2. I love the Dynamic camera when I'm in the field. I'm not a huge fan of the dynamic camera when I'm hitting and the ball is in play. Why can't we also add the Dynamic Fielding camera as an option for when we're on offense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2024, 09:24 PM   #352
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I've been having a great time with this years version. Hit variety and the smoothness of play is the best it's ever been imo.

The Bullpen AI stuff is still whacky. I won't go in to it, it's been dicussed ad nauseum and I just sort of live with it.

Here are my two biggest pet peeves outside of the CPU Bullpen AI, and bear in mind they are both minor issues but they bug me for real.

1. Why can't we disable the home run cam? We've been asking for this for years. I get you've got all the cool bat flips and swag, but make those part of the replay package in game. I also know people like the home run cam, so you don't need to kill it, just make it so it's an option we can disable.

2. I love the Dynamic camera when I'm in the field. I'm not a huge fan of the dynamic camera when I'm hitting and the ball is in play. Why can't we also add the Dynamic Fielding camera as an option for when we're on offense?

Agree with the two pet peeves, both options are very much needed

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »