Home

MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-22-2024, 02:53 PM   #313
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread

Inning 2, up by three runs against the Astros. Astros manage to load the bases with no outs. I get it to 2 outs without a run scoring. 2 strikes on the batter at the plate

Singleton “Love how vocal the umpire is being today” Gotta love it.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-22-2024, 03:38 PM   #314
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew101

1) It is disappointing to me that custom entry doesn't allow for quick counts. My typical way to play is to play entire game but with quick counts on.

I do find the custom entry addition to be intriguing and have played around with it. Not sure if I'd stick with it or not but what I've found out in my test plays is that with the type of custom entry conditions I would like, the loss of quick counts is making the game almost as long as normal full game with quick counts on. So the only real benefit for me is if I raise the entry conditions significantly.

Applaud the idea. I think the custom entry conditions is potentially a fun way to play for those who want some impact on games but don't want to play full 162. I really wish they would add quick counts to this feature however.
I couldn’t agree with this more. I can’t seem to enjoy playing the game without quick counts … pitch counts way too low on both ends… I’m up 0-2 way too often when pitching …Can’t draw enough walks. I just don’t enjoy it.

Custom entry really excited me as I do like to get in and out of games quickly … but as you said, it’s a feature targeted at people who like to get through games quickly while still having an impact … yet it doesn’t allow you to use the other feature that appeals to these same types of people.
Old 03-22-2024, 03:52 PM   #315
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwalk
I couldn’t agree with this more. I can’t seem to enjoy playing the game without quick counts … pitch counts way too low on both ends… I’m up 0-2 way too often when pitching …Can’t draw enough walks. I just don’t enjoy it.

Custom entry really excited me as I do like to get in and out of games quickly … but as you said, it’s a feature targeted at people who like to get through games quickly while still having an impact … yet it doesn’t allow you to use the other feature that appeals to these same types of people.

Is quick counts still in franchise? I’m debating getting 24 or sticking with 23

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2024, 04:16 PM   #316
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemamba24xx
Is quick counts still in franchise? I’m debating getting 24 or sticking with 23

Yes. It is.

Old 03-22-2024, 04:31 PM   #317
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Finally played a little bit of a spring training game last night. One thing, and apparently it was just a me thing since I haven't seen anyone else mention it, but the players always felt a bit light and twitchy (for lack of a better word) for me on 23. Didn't have that same feeling last night on 24. Definitely felt more weighted.

Like everyone else, I'm not thrilled with the UI. I can tolerate the white, although it wouldn't have been my first choice. The pink seems like it would have been a better fit last year with Jazz and the Marlins being on the cover. It's a little thing, but that extra little delay (with the sound effects) navigating to the franchise tile in the main menu is annoying. The UI as a whole needs to be more friendly. I just want to play franchise, let me pin that tile or do something where I don't have to go through the other tiles to get there.
I haven't done anything yet aside from get my settings in order. We'll have to compare gameplay notes after I get some games in over the weekend.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-22-2024, 05:14 PM   #318
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

If it wasn't for CB, I probably wouldn't own this game right now and that would have been a crime.

Based on early impressions, I got the impression (pun intended) that this was an incremental improvement to 23.

I've only played four exhibition games but I would say it's a major improvement in terms of gameplay.

1. Without changing the hidden camera I can see the ball out of the pitchers hand much better and can track it much better

2. Without changing a single slider I see average to below average pitchers throwing a lot of balls and, since I see the ball better out of their hand and can track it better, I'm better at drawing walks or at least drawing myself back into a good count. I used to swing at everything

3. The CPU defense is sublime, with lesser rated outfielders taking bad paths to the ball and players with lesser accuracy on their throws, pulling people off the bag. It's hard to explain because I know those things were in the game last year but unless you play 24 it's hard to explain it, but it's definitely different in a good way.

I think in one of his posts, CB mentioned the urgency of the fielders and it's a very nice addition.

4. It's not the end of the world but I really dislike the fact that while on offense, I have to press the pause button to see the speed of my base runner. when I settle into a franchise with my Braves It won't matter much but when I'm doing exhibition games and playing with different teams around the league, I don't know the personnel that well.

It's strange because when the CPU is on base you see the number vacillate between speed and steel ability without having to hit any buttons but when we are on offense we have to hit a button ��*♂️

5. It's a glorious feeling when you are using a team you don't know well and there's a simple fly ball that you believe will end the inning and this particular right fielder is so slow and so clunky that he never gets there and the ball drops and two runs score. Then you hit pause and go to stats to look at this player and find that his speed and his fielding are atrocious ��

Last edited by slthree; 03-22-2024 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-22-2024, 06:23 PM   #319
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I haven't done anything yet aside from get my settings in order. We'll have to compare gameplay notes after I get some games in over the weekend.
I’m going back and forth between AS (with timing slider adjustments) and default HOF. Hope to make a decision by the end of the weekend and get my franchise going. Curious to see what you end up doing, since we’re usually pretty similar with our gaming.

Really small sample size, but 24 just feels better than 23 to me so far.
Old 03-22-2024, 06:30 PM   #320
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
For anyone interested I have 212 strikeouts through 30 games of franchise. Playing every game, every pitch using Legend pitching with meter pitching mechanic. That averages out to 7.06 strikeouts per game.
Do you hit on legend as well?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »