Home

MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Improvements and Trailer Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Improvements and Trailer Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-28-2024, 02:46 PM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Improvements and Trailer Revealed

Feel like the animations count needs to get fact checked because they say that every year and there ain’t no way…

Hair physics are cool (PS5 power…yay I guess)

Overall underwhelming graphically. Looking forward to actual gameplay videos.
Feeling like a very expensive patch right now
Old 02-28-2024, 02:51 PM   #154
Rookie

I absolutely love The Show and it's an unreal series, but to put "changed the base sizes" as a big addition, has to be an All-Time comical thing to promote for anything in human existence.
Old 02-28-2024, 02:56 PM   #155
Rookie

Pitch clock confirmed as in
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2024, 03:04 PM   #156
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stucatz

Where did you see that?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-28-2024, 03:04 PM   #157
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Where did you see that?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Scouting report/ showzone
Old 02-28-2024, 03:27 PM   #158
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Really?

So there will be a pitch clock on the scorebug like you see on tv?
Old 02-28-2024, 03:43 PM   #159
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Scouting report/ showzone
Ehhhhh.....I'm not sure about this one. I think the writer is lumping the clock in with the other two rule changes that ARE confirmed.

"New MLB Rules

For the 2023 season, Major League Baseball debuted a pitch clock, new disengagement rule and increased base sizes. It was announced fairly early last year that those rule changes would not be included in MLB The Show 23. The pitch clock felt redundant anyway, at least online where the game will auto-pitch a meatball for your opponent to smash. The disengagement rule sounded a bit too complex to implement with little time and the increased base sizes would pose an issue with the game’s physics.

Well, we no longer have to go without these new rules with MLB The Show 24. All of these new rule changes are officially in the game which prompted new animations.

It’ll be very interesting to see if this has any effect on basestealing online. I’m absolutely terrible at stealing online and rarely attempt it. No matter my runner’s ratings or how good of a jump I feel I get, I get thrown out 99% of the time. This could potentially turn into an advantage, if even temporary, for savvy baseball fans playing someone not familiar with the rules. The increased base sizes bring new logic and tagging animations to account for the new size. This sounds like a potential glitchy issue depending on the number of true changes."

That kinda reads like they forgot they brought up the pitch clock in the first paragraph, and make no mention of it and how it would impact the game afterward.

I'm pressing X to doubt on this one until I see it officially confirmed. I still think the clock serves no purpose in offline play because the CPU will never get hit by it unless there's coding to specifically allow that to happen.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:46 PM   #160
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Ehhhhh.....I'm not sure about this one. I think the writer is lumping the clock in with the other two rule changes that ARE confirmed.

"New MLB Rules

For the 2023 season, Major League Baseball debuted a pitch clock, new disengagement rule and increased base sizes. It was announced fairly early last year that those rule changes would not be included in MLB The Show 23. The pitch clock felt redundant anyway, at least online where the game will auto-pitch a meatball for your opponent to smash. The disengagement rule sounded a bit too complex to implement with little time and the increased base sizes would pose an issue with the game’s physics.

Well, we no longer have to go without these new rules with MLB The Show 24. All of these new rule changes are officially in the game which prompted new animations.

It’ll be very interesting to see if this has any effect on basestealing online. I’m absolutely terrible at stealing online and rarely attempt it. No matter my runner’s ratings or how good of a jump I feel I get, I get thrown out 99% of the time. This could potentially turn into an advantage, if even temporary, for savvy baseball fans playing someone not familiar with the rules. The increased base sizes bring new logic and tagging animations to account for the new size. This sounds like a potential glitchy issue depending on the number of true changes."

That kinda reads like they forgot they brought up the pitch clock in the first paragraph, and make no mention of it and how it would impact the game afterward.

I'm pressing X to doubt on this one until I see it officially confirmed. I still think the clock serves no purpose in offline play because the CPU will never get hit by it unless there's coding to specifically allow that to happen.
Check out twingamingtv on YouTube. Was released on the shows scouting report email. Check all the facts

Authenticity Regardless of how it will be utilized makes the game better

Last edited by Stucatz; 02-28-2024 at 03:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »