Home

MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Improvements and Trailer Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Improvements and Trailer Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-27-2024, 02:57 PM   #105
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Details and Trailer Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by timay
Trolling how? It's not my fault people have no reading comprehension.

I have gamepass, the previews and live streams help me to decide whether I want to spend 40 dollars to play the game 3 days early. SDS has done nothing to move the needle for me.
Yeah it’s everyone else. LOL But, I digress.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2024, 02:59 PM   #106
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
you don't drink....
Near beer. Does smelling somebodies beer count? My wife might have a beer a month and I always take a whiff of it.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:00 PM   #107
MVP

3 weeks from release date and I have no plans to buy this year's version. I play exclusively manage mode in franchise. No y2y saves means I have to start over again and I've seen nothing to convince me they made enough improvements to franchise to convince me to start over.

I don't want to be overly critical of the game because I love the game but I see a lot of stuff that is irrelevant to how I play the game and therefore from my perspective they have wasted developer hours on things that could have been more wisely spent in other areas.

I'm not going to buy the game to find out whether they have made improvements to the mode I play or if they have made it worse - which has happened in the past.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:01 PM   #108
Banned

timay's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Yeah it’s everyone else. LOL But, I digress.
So nothing huh?

Next.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:01 PM   #109
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Trolling how? It's not my fault people have no reading comprehension.

I have gamepass, the previews and live streams help me to decide whether I want to spend 40 dollars to play the game 3 days early. SDS has done nothing to move the needle for me.
Again do what makes you happy, But once you have told us about 15 times you dislike the game we get it. You think it looks bad and would not play it but you might due to game pass. Only two reasons people continue to post the same things over and over again. Either they want to troll or they want to try to make us miserable. Again no worries I was just taking a stab at what it might be.

I am buying it, For me to not buy they need to remove franchise mode. Highly unlikely
Old 02-27-2024, 03:05 PM   #110
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytyboogie
Well thats great if your seeing that. but id just like to say in my experiences the bullpen logic in game was not even close to accurate more often than not the cpu handles it poorly. especially if there losing by 1 run they still put in there Lrp 99% of the time and even in tie games in later innings they wont use there better bullpen arms far too often i still see the Lrp used. We shouldnt have to adjust all the bullpen slots to wrong slots that dont relate to the type of rp is even supposed to be in just to try and get a work around along with the manager hook slider in game. all this for the past decade now it feels like.
This has been my experience. You can play each game of a 3 or 4-game set and it's as if the CPU is determined to get their LRP into the game no matter if you're up 1, 5, it's tied, they lead by any amount. Even if the guy has nearly no energy before even throwing a pitch, he's tossed in there.

It's been this way for years and is the primary reason I have stopped playing the game as frequently as I have. I went from playing all 162 annually and even making it multiple seasons in to where I haven't completed a single season since Y2Y saves were removed from the game, so however many years that has been now. The bullpen and lineup logic have just sucked a lot of the enjoyment out of the series for me, personally.

It's also pushed me to play more DD which has been fun, but that doesn't keep me playing throughout the summer like franchise mode did. Instead, I just move on to playing OOTP exclusively whereas in the past I'd play both simultaneously.

― Plato
Old 02-27-2024, 03:06 PM   #111
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Near beer. Does smelling somebodies beer count? My wife might have a beer a month and I always take a whiff of it.
Close enough for me !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2024, 03:07 PM   #112
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
So nothing huh?

Next.
Well, the sarcastic screaming capital letters are a nice touch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »