Home

MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Improvements and Trailer Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Improvements and Trailer Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-27-2024, 02:04 PM   #81
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Details and Trailer Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Purist
A 30 second trailer with about 15 seconds of footage we have already seen. Not to mention Jeter’s jump throw was literally used in the gameplay trailer last year lol. SDS has to be trolling at this point or maybe we’re in for a nice surprise soon. …
Ive seen the trolling comment a couple times on here now.... What joy would SDS get out of trolling? Like what is the point?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2024, 02:07 PM   #82
Banned

timay's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Ive seen the trolling comment a couple times on here now.... What joy would SDS get out of trolling? Like what is the point?
They clearly like f'ing around in the way they responded to the Jeter 'brown glove' comments.
Old 02-27-2024, 02:08 PM   #83
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timay
I dunno man. 2021 was a skip for me, so I have gone that route in the past. Honestly probably will download it because I'm a 'grind 99' guy and 23 has nothing left for me to grind. We shall see, the early play pre order ship has all but sailed at this point though.
So, you won’t pre-order, but wait 4 days then post the same hysterics on release day?……….wonderful.
Old 02-27-2024, 02:09 PM   #84
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
So, you won’t pre-order, but wait 4 days then post the same hysterics on release day?……….wonderful.
So, we all have THAT to look forward to reading .....
Old 02-27-2024, 02:10 PM   #85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflock
With this being the second year of having Ridin and TABarnes, im confident that if those logic changes are not implemented, they simply just can't do it.
I'm honestly kind of reserved to the idea that they can't fix it.

I always just wanted better user options for us to help manage it. Maybe hard code a cpu pitcher to not pitch 3 days in a row. We might even get a more realistic bullpen usage if they just set the closer for the 9th and complete randomized who the cpu used in the bullpen at all other times.

Def need larger rosters. I FOR SURE know this is something Ridin complained about all the time when making rosters. He used to always explain why he had to put real minor leaguers that were on teams in the FA list because there weren't enough roster spots. So we know he would be suggesting this.

And the lineup and roster building... Like OOTP is better, but I still see a ton things that don't seem right as well. I think this may just be a hard thing to do. What makes MLBTS issued so glaring with this is the fact it hasn't changed in like 6 years. Like ive logged in thousands of games across 3 systems in like 6 different versions of the game and cpu still handles roster and lineup and bullpen the same exact way.

Nba 2k has an option under "edit player" where you can select to force a player to come off the bench. This basically doesn't allow the cpu to start them. So maybe it'd be easier for them to just add options like that as opposed to building a whole logic system where the cpu has to figure out on their own . For example, the yankees are batting their fastest but worst hitter , Tony kemp, in the leadoff spot. Maybe you could edit to force him to bat 9th or to edit another player to be forced to bat leadoff. Or maybe editable quirks that assign "roles" to players. Then you can have the AI just rearrange the order around that .

We could also get options like that to force a team to not call up a player. Maybe for service time or whatever. OR if they do call someone up, we could force the cpu to start them and not have a 20 yr old A prospect be the 26th bench man. Or maybe just make any player who is promoted on the to 50 prospects to get a starting role.
Do those two guys ever come back to this community to give any insight into what they’re doing? What’s possible and not possible from the different things people in here have been asking for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2024, 02:15 PM   #86
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

FWIW the video’s emphasis on hair physics was pretty much forced on the devs by the choice of cover athlete.
Old 02-27-2024, 02:16 PM   #87
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

MLB The Show 10: Roughly 1,250 new animations
MLB The Show 24: Roughly 400 new animations

Is this just because we don't need that many anymore?

Operation Sports OOTP League
Old 02-27-2024, 02:18 PM   #88
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty5oke
MLB The Show 10: Roughly 1,250 new animations
MLB The Show 24: Roughly 400 new animations
I hear ya, but isn’t this because the game was building on animations? 400 isn’t a small number.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »