Home

MLB The Show 23 Road to the Show & Face Scan Details Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 23 Road to the Show & Face Scan Details Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-03-2023, 03:30 PM   #97
Rookie

SoullessGingerKC's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 23 Road to the Show & Face Scan Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Actually worse
Madden models look better every year as does field etc

Yeah, Madden may have their diamond dynasty mode but at least they have online franchise and the field and graphics constantly get better. MLB the show is all about pushing diamond dynasty so that people pay more money into the game and ignore other modes for multiplayer. They don’t even let you use custom rosters other places with friends, as they want you to pay to use the cards you want with friends. They took away options.
Old 03-03-2023, 03:46 PM   #98
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Yikes. I mean yikes ..

I know people don’t want to hear this, but don’t expect much at all, if anything from the franchise stream aside from the new playoff format, scheduling, rules, and a watered down version of the new CBA.

RTTS and franchise mode are not on their priority list for this game and they’ve shown that for over half a decade now. The franchise mode is the most shallow in all of sports games (yes, more shallow than Maddens) and it isn’t even close.

DD is the MAIN focus of this game and it will continue to be every single year. DD makes them so much money it will always be their number 1 focus. The same thing is happening in Madden and has been for awhile.

2K is the exception to the rule. They have their card collecting mode but they also have the deepest franchise mode in the history of sports games. Not to mention the WNBA, the jordan challenges and the ability to literally recreate NBA history. It’s not even close.

People don’t want to accept the fact that this game has become as stagnant and stale as madden has, but it’s the truth. The on field gameplay in Madden is as best as it’s EVER been and it’s not even debatable, but outside of MUT, the other parts of the game are so shallow, so uninspiring, it’s just boring.

If you’re not playing DD on MLB The Show, and you need more than just great gameplay to keep you engaged, the game has become stagnant and boring. If all you need is gameplay, good for you, you’ll love this years game again.

But if you don’t play DD and you need the meat and potatoes of RTTS and franchise mode, you’re going to be disappointed. People want to hang Madden at the stake for never innovating and having a boring as hell franchise mode, and it’s time to start doing the same with SDS and this product.

They don’t innovate, hell, they barely even update or upgrade existing modes at this point. Let’s call a spade a spade… they deserve the exact same criticism the Madden team gets. Hell, at least Madden has updated their player models and the game is absolutely beautiful to look at on next gen. SDS can’t even be bothered to do that.

I’ll be getting the game because I love Diamond dynasty now, partly because I forced myself to try it out because franchise and RTTS are so lifeless and stale. If I was still a strictly franchise guy I’d be skipping this year and wouldn’t think twice about it.

I know it’s blasphemous around these parts to compare this dev team to EA Sports, but you have to be honest with yourselves. Madden plays a great game on the field just like MLB The Show does on the Diamond, but they’ve done NOTHING to update, upgrade or innovate their offline modes.

Thinking back to when I first bought a PS3 just for this game, I cannot believe this is where we are in 2023. People are still playing MLB 20 because it’s basically the same game, with more features for the offline crowd.

If that doesn’t scream madden-esque stagnation, I don’t know what does …
Old 03-03-2023, 04:00 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Yikes. I mean yikes ..

I know people don’t want to hear this, but don’t expect much at all, if anything from the franchise stream aside from the new playoff format, scheduling, rules, and a watered down version of the new CBA.

RTTS and franchise mode are not on their priority list for this game and they’ve shown that for over half a decade now. The franchise mode is the most shallow in all of sports games (yes, more shallow than Maddens) and it isn’t even close.

DD is the MAIN focus of this game and it will continue to be every single year. DD makes them so much money it will always be their number 1 focus. The same thing is happening in Madden and has been for awhile.

2K is the exception to the rule. They have their card collecting mode but they also have the deepest franchise mode in the history of sports games. Not to mention the WNBA, the jordan challenges and the ability to literally recreate NBA history. It’s not even close.

People don’t want to accept the fact that this game has become as stagnant and stale as madden has, but it’s the truth. The on field gameplay in Madden is as best as it’s EVER been and it’s not even debatable, but outside of MUT, the other parts of the game are so shallow, so uninspiring, it’s just boring.

If you’re not playing DD on MLB The Show, and you need more than just great gameplay to keep you engaged, the game has become stagnant and boring. If all you need is gameplay, good for you, you’ll love this years game again.

But if you don’t play DD and you need the meat and potatoes of RTTS and franchise mode, you’re going to be disappointed. People want to hang Madden at the stake for never innovating and having a boring as hell franchise mode, and it’s time to start doing the same with SDS and this product.

They don’t innovate, hell, they barely even update or upgrade existing modes at this point. Let’s call a spade a spade… they deserve the exact same criticism the Madden team gets. Hell, at least Madden has updated their player models and the game is absolutely beautiful to look at on next gen. SDS can’t even be bothered to do that.

I’ll be getting the game because I love Diamond dynasty now, partly because I forced myself to try it out because franchise and RTTS are so lifeless and stale. If I was still a strictly franchise guy I’d be skipping this year and wouldn’t think twice about it.

I know it’s blasphemous around these parts to compare this dev team to EA Sports, but you have to be honest with yourselves. Madden plays a great game on the field just like MLB The Show does on the Diamond, but they’ve done NOTHING to update, upgrade or innovate their offline modes.

Thinking back to when I first bought a PS3 just for this game, I cannot believe this is where we are in 2023. People are still playing MLB 20 because it’s basically the same game, with more features for the offline crowd.

If that doesn’t scream madden-esque stagnation, I don’t know what does …
Yeah that about covers it lol. I do love 2K franchises the most now
Old 03-03-2023, 04:22 PM   #100
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molotov Mozgov
They really have become Madden, haven't they?
not sure I qualify to answer that. Last few years have not played much madden to speak on it
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-03-2023, 04:23 PM   #101
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Besides all the understandable frustration from the fanbase that plays rtts and franchise the last couple of years lets not forget this game on the field itself plays the best baseball any video game has ever produced. If anyone thinks that giving the stick to EA or 2K or whoever wants to give it a go is the solution will be greatly disappointed if you ask me. It will take at least a decade to reach the level of where the Show is at gameplay wise. I’m not giving SDS a pass or anything but if the gameplay was weak, franchise mode or rtts could be the deepest modes ever but it wouldn’t be enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2023, 04:25 PM   #102
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
With all the negatives I think SDS, big picture, has given us a great game. Another stream to go and the game hasn’t even been released yet.

What have they actually changed or added that has you super excited? I mean the negro leagues are just new players and graphics. What real addition has the game seen outside of that? I ask in all seriousness in the event I missed something I should be getting more excited about. I mean they get my money no matter what so.
Old 03-03-2023, 04:26 PM   #103
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Besides all the understandable frustration from the fanbase that plays rtts and franchise the last couple of years lets not forget this game on the field itself plays the best baseball any video game has ever produced. If anyone thinks that giving the stick to EA or 2K or whoever wants to give it a go is the solution will be greatly disappointed if you ask me. It will take at least a decade to reach the level of where the Show is at gameplay wise. I’m not giving SDS a pass or anything but if the gameplay was weak, franchise mode or rtts could be the deepest modes ever but it wouldn’t be enough.

I think the frustration stems from the fact around these parts a lot of people play franchise mode. And it seems the other modes get most of the love. If you go to sites for people who focus on DD or twitter accounts that focus on DD they are super happy because those modes get the attention. Its just OS is the home to many franchise players is all.
Old 03-03-2023, 05:02 PM   #104
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
With all the negatives I think SDS, big picture, has given us a great game. Another stream to go and the game hasn’t even been released yet.
Agreed.

Despite any shortcomings I may have once franchise information is released, on the field the game plays an amazing game of baseball and that is where it matters most for me.

After playing the tech test, the gameplay has taken yet another positive step forward which I didn't know would be possible given how well 22 plays, and for a franchise player that plays every game from the first pitch of Spring Training to whenever the final out is recorded, that is the most important aspect followed next by presentation/commentary.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »