Home

MLB The Show 23 Road to the Show & Face Scan Details Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 23 Road to the Show & Face Scan Details Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-03-2023, 08:03 PM   #113
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
MLB The Show 23 Road to the Show & Face Scan Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Let's not kid ourselves here. While Madden may have the best gameplay it's ever had, it's not as good as The Show's gameplay with respect to each sport.

Madden plays a good and solid game of football on the field, and The Show plays a stellar game of baseball on the field. It's really not even close.

Yea I don’t think the situations are comparable.

To me madden is improved but it was an awful game for awhile and now it’s not but there’s still too many issues for me to really enjoy it. In really every area, gameplay, franchise, presentation. Incompetence is the problem not stagnation.

The show is still an amazing game but resting on its laurels. Which in a way is more frustrating because they already have the hard part done you would think they could go all out adding more bells and whistles and really fleshing it out. But at the end of the day you can play an awesome baseball game whether it’s sticking with a previous version or deciding the new one is worth the upgrade.

Both sports suffer from lack of competition but with football I’d be hoping for 2k to make a game so I could buy that instead, with baseball I’d want 2k or ea to make a game to push the show to be better, but I doubt I’d be making the switch any time soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by NYJets; 03-03-2023 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-03-2023, 09:32 PM   #114
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB The Show 23 Road to the Show & Face Scan Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Could not agree more anyone expecting anything remotely exciting next week will be very disappointed.

23 will be nothing more then a big “patch” instead of an actual major new version.
another thing most people may consider small that is new is this years schedule.
I'm deeply anticipating it as it's a huge selling point for me.
I'm sure I'll play a lot less Play Now games because I'll have every team on my schedule in one long and glorious season

A Work in Progress
Old 03-03-2023, 10:14 PM   #115
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Worse?

Hmmm...I'm currently playing in my 6th season of franchise mode (year 2027) and it still works.

But yeah...MLBTS is worse than Madden

Yea give me a break on Madden being better, their ****ing Franchise mode or w/e its called doesnt even work.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2023, 10:36 PM   #116
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I just saw the stream.

Isn't the use of the companion app a bit of a "privacy" concern for people? I couldn't care less about that kind of thing often, but if they collected telemetry data from my button presses unknowingly for years, you can bet they're also receiving every photo we take as well. It's not quite the same thing as the PS2 Eye here.

Anyway, just something I thought I'd bring up. Doesn't faze me, but it did draw my attention.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-03-2023, 10:43 PM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 23 Road to the Show & Face Scan Feature Premiere Starting Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 702
I'm 7 years in to an A's franchise on '20. Still get my kicks. If it's the same franchise mode/game every year, why upgrade? Your wallet is the only thing that matters to them. Vote with it.
For me…. Id buy every year just for the new face scans. I can’t stand playing with CAPS. But that’s just me.
Old 03-04-2023, 12:45 AM   #118
Pro

At least add VR to rtts

We kill madden but at lest they try stuff. It might be buggy and broken but they try. This update is like me with no experience programming. I really think a 5 hour crash course could have netted these results lol
Old 03-04-2023, 03:28 AM   #119
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin32
At least add VR to rtts

We kill madden but at lest they try stuff. It might be buggy and broken but they try. This update is like me with no experience programming. I really think a 5 hour crash course could have netted these results lol
Given that they were Sony branded, they had Move usage and 3D in the past. Hell, that's VR to me. They also adapted to the Vita as Madden did.

They try a lot of things, though. They stuck with Y2Y saves for several years where no other studio has yet to, and their ambition in taking things like community days, audio names, stadium requests, and overall feedback shows transparency at its finest (especially when they livestream their game showing debugging onscreen code).

Their main issue right now though is the same as EA's: money talks. Ultimate Team modes have consumed both groups, and now SDS has also expanded to Microsoft and Nintendo as well. If they were just on the PS5 (not even PS4) and online gambling wasn't allowed (throwing money toward an unknown outcome to gain a competitive advantage), we'd be seeing a whole different kind of product.

Something tells me that they are responding to higher powers for these kinds of things though, and I will bookend this bringing up the Move and 3D again. It's not that they wouldn't ever do those for themselves, but you absolutely know those were mandates from Sony.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-04-2023, 05:31 AM   #120
MVP

zello144's Arena

RTTS would work perfectly for an online Park/Streets mode. Just make sandlot games the money they could make from selling cosmetics or maybe even building your own sandlot would attract a lot of players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »