Home

MLB The Show 23 Road to the Show & Face Scan Details Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 23 Road to the Show & Face Scan Details Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-03-2023, 09:36 AM   #73
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 23 Road to the Show & Face Scan Details Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
Let's be real, I'm pretty sure the show was a top ten selling game of 2022.

Sent from my thoughts
Edited to mean lowest sales ever this year...!!!!
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 03-03-2023, 09:44 AM   #74
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN

Funny that people here still think that we’re the vast majority of buyers of this game. The fact we’re still communicating on and old school forum says enough. We’re the dinosaurs but at the bodem of the food/buy chain.

The Show will do just fine, the extra DD revenue from xbox users alone is a huge money stream.

I’m not liking the direction this game is going in just as the next OS guys but it is what is is. No boycot from us is gonna make them change course.
Old 03-03-2023, 09:47 AM   #75
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbury
It is becoming harder day by day to explain my wife that buying this game every year is not a waste of money. She even started mocking me a couple years ago I should starting listen to her more carefully

The moment I have to explain my wife why I buy a certain video game I call it quits
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2023, 09:53 AM   #76
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
I'm sorry, but that isn't going to happen. The majority of RTTS players are not engaged on social media when it comes to the game - they're the silent majority that is going to buy the game, be stoked about the face scan thing and quietly do their thing.

You have every right to be upset; but to think the "units sold" number is going to drop precipitously this year is farcical. Could it have impacts next year? Maybe, but very doubtful.
Old 03-03-2023, 10:20 AM   #77
Rookie

DirtBallNation's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 23 Road to the Show & Face Scan Feature Premiere Starting Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyduster
That was shorter than I expected...

- Updated bat sounds since Tech Test (sound is a little better? Not as thin?)

- Ballplayer hub updated (I had no issues with the hub last year. It's an okay change)

- On Field Training returns instead of mini games (I like this a lot)

- Updated screen when Ballplayer is drafted (I think it's better than before, but not a million times better)

- MLB Network video clips during key moments of Road to the Show (thought those were in last year?)

Anxious for next week's Franchise, MTO, Presentation stream!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
After seeing RTTS feature premier, i'm not sure if I should be excited or afraid to see the Franchise premier next week. If there is such hype for these premiers and we essentially get jack-sh*t out of them, i'm afraid they're blowing Franchise way out of the water.

Idk, maybe i'm being pessimistic but I just hate how literally NOTHING seems to matter unless it entails DD. I sure hope something major is unveiled next week.

GREEN BAY PACKERS

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

WISCONSIN BADGERS
Old 03-03-2023, 10:38 AM   #78
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBallNation
After seeing RTTS feature premier, i'm not sure if I should be excited or afraid to see the Franchise premier next week. If there is such hype for these premiers and we essentially get jack-sh*t out of them, i'm afraid they're blowing Franchise way out of the water.

Idk, maybe i'm being pessimistic but I just hate how literally NOTHING seems to matter unless it entails DD. I sure hope something major is unveiled next week.
The Franchise premiere is literally going to be a UI overhaul for the Draft with some new QUIRKS or some other buzzword that ultimately is just a modifier for a draft prospect. I would expect it to be just five rounds or even just one or two and the rest of auto-drafted or something for "a streamlined experience."

March to October will continue to get a new thing or two that they will just refuse to carry over to Franchise mode, and the new COMMENTARY will be a lie about how they have "10,000 more fresh lines" when it's actually just AFK animation audio that is different.
Old 03-03-2023, 11:17 AM   #79
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

This is all really just a product of having no real competition. I mean RBI was not ever taken serious when it came back

Competition forces to do better. Sports games suffer when they have nobody to compete against. NBA2K being the one exception to the rules as they constantly go above and beyond

I mean in reality the only other really good game out there is Super Mega Baseball which a lot of people play but it suffers a little bit from not having mlb players in the game.

99% of us are going to buy this game regardless. We have no choice. Its buy it, play an older version or have no mlb baseball in our lives.
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-03-2023, 11:19 AM   #80
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
The Franchise premiere is literally going to be a UI overhaul for the Draft with some new QUIRKS or some other buzzword that ultimately is just a modifier for a draft prospect. I would expect it to be just five rounds or even just one or two and the rest of auto-drafted or something for "a streamlined experience."

March to October will continue to get a new thing or two that they will just refuse to carry over to Franchise mode, and the new COMMENTARY will be a lie about how they have "10,000 more fresh lines" when it's actually just AFK animation audio that is different.
You nailed the commentary thing. But in all due respect we did just get a complete overhaul of the commentary last season with new announcers. That took a lot of time and effort to put into the game. I am not really sure how much more they can add to the commentary. If you play 1000 games you are going to hear it all. Commentary to me is fine. I mean what else can they do? Add every announcer for every team in the game? The time, effort and money that would take. Never will happen
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »