Home

TNK MLB 23 SLIDERS

This is a discussion on TNK MLB 23 SLIDERS within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-26-2023, 03:33 PM   #9
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: TNK MLB 23 SLIDERS

Alright TNK, here's to another year of me using your sliders. I do not post much as I make adjustments (very few if any) as I play my Franchise. I appreciate your work and I just wanted to let you know. I will follow as normal your progress and if anything pops up that I deem necessary to share, I'll post it to see what you think.

Here's to a great year of video game baseball.
Old 03-26-2023, 09:31 PM   #10
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayyd11
Can these be played with classic hitting and pitching?
Many people have tried other Interfaces in the past and reported back that they play just fine.....so, yes
Old 03-26-2023, 09:32 PM   #11
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
Alright TNK, here's to another year of me using your sliders. I do not post much as I make adjustments (very few if any) as I play my Franchise. I appreciate your work and I just wanted to let you know. I will follow as normal your progress and if anything pops up that I deem necessary to share, I'll post it to see what you think.

Here's to a great year of video game baseball.
Thanks Mike! Keep me posted on how it's going and if you notice anything that you think needs adjusting, let me know
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2023, 02:41 AM   #12
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

TNK - SLIDER TESTING
Game #3 - Exhibition Game

Boston Red Sox @ Pittsburgh Pirates
Pitching Matchup – Garrett Whitlock vs Mitch Keller

The Red Sox got off to a fast start in the top of the 1st as Mitch Keller left a slider up in the zone to Rafael Devers who launched it into the RF bleachers for a solo HR giving the Red Sox a 1-0 lead. The Pirates loaded the bases with 1 out against Garrett Whitlock in the bottom of the 1st and Ji-Man Choi tied the game with a sac fly to CF before Whitlock struck out Ke'Bryan Hayes to get out of the inning with no further damage and we were tied 1-1 after 1 inning. Keller and Whitlock both settled in after a rocky 1st inning and both pitchers had registered 4 Ks through 3 innings of work on the mound and we would move to the 4th inning with the score tied 1-1. The Red Sox were threatening in the top of the 4th after Keller issued walks to Duvall and Arroyo putting two men on base with 2 outs and Reese McGuire would line a ball into CF for a RBI single giving Boston a 2-1 lead. Pittsburgh answered in the bottom of the 4th as Carlos Santana drew a lead off walk and moved into scoring position where Jack Suwinski would drive him in with a big two out RBI single up the middle tying the game up 2-2. Keller made quick work of the Red Sox in the top of the 5th and Whitlock would get Brian Reynolds to ground into an inning ending 6-4-3 double play in the bottom of the 5th sending the game to the 6th inning with the score tied 2-2. Carlos Santana singled with 1 out in the bottom of the 6th and Alex Cora would go to lefty Richard Bleier out of the pen and Bleier would get Choi to pop up for the 2nd out before freezing Hayes with a backdoor cutter for a big K to send the game to the 7th inning tied at 2-2. Duane Underwood took over on the mound for Pittsburgh and pitched a 1-2-3 top of the 7th while Suwinski reached base to lead off the bottom of the 7th and Chris Martin would come on to replace Bleier on the mound with a man on and nobody out. Martin did a great job as he came in and retired Castro on strikes and Hedges on a fly out before striking out Cruz looking at a fastball on the corner to end the 7th inning and we would go to the 8th inning still tied at 2-2. Jarlin Garcia came on to pitch the top of the 8th for Pittsburgh and Rafael Devers short hopped the wall in right-center for a 1 out double. Garcia would escape the jam as Justin Turner flew out to McCutchen in shallow RF and Masataka Yoshida popped out to Hayes in foul ground as the Red Sox strand the go ahead run in scoring position and the score remains tied 2-2. Martin returned to the mound for the bottom of the 8th and retired Reynold & McCutchen before striking out Santana on a nasty slider to retire the side in order and send the game to the 9th inning with the score tied 2-2. Yohan Ramirez came on to pitch the top of the 9th for the Pirates issued a 1 out walk to Triston Casas but got Arroyo to fly out for the 2nd out and struck out McGuire to end the top of the 9th. The Pirates came up to bat in the bottom of the 9th with a chance to walk off against John Schreiber who came on to pitch for Boston. Ji-Man Choi reached to lead off the bottom of the 9th when he grounded to Arroyo at second base and Arroyo booted what should have been a routine out to put the potential winning run on base with nobody out. Ke'Bryan Hayes attempted to bunt Choi into scoring position but popped up the bunt to Casas for the 1st out. Jack Suwinski worked to a full count and punched a ground ball through the hole into LF as Choi moves into scoring position and the Pirates had two men on with 1 out. Schreiber would bear down and escape the jam as he struck out Rodolfo Castro and Austin Hedges popped up to Casas as the Pirates fail to score and the game would head to extra innings tied 2-2. The Red Sox began the top of the 10th with McGuire on second base as the extra innings runner against Jose Hernandez who was on to pitch for Pittsburgh. Kike Hernandez started the inning with a liner in the gap for a RBI double to give Boston a 3-2 lead. Kike tagged and advanced to 3rd base on a deep fly ball to RF by Verdugo and Rafael Devers followed by going the opposite way in the gap for a RBI double to make it 4-2. Robert Stephenson replaced Hernandez on the mound for Pittsburgh and Justin Turner dropped a single into CF setting up runners at the corners with 1 out for Masataka Yoshida who turned on a hanging breaking ball from Stephenson and hammered it off the wall in RF for a RBI double extending the lead to 5-2. Stephenson got a huge K of Duvall for the 2nd out before intentionally walking Casas to load the bases for Arroyo who flew out to Suwinski in CF and the Pirates would come to bat trailing by 3 runs with Kenley Jansen coming on to pitch the bottom of the 10th and try to close it out for the Boston. Jansen retired Cruz on a fly ball to Yoshida in LF and struck out Reynolds for two quick outs and the Pirates were down to their final out when Andrew McCutchen singled to CF scoring Hedges who was on second base as the extra innings runner and suddenly it was 5-3 and the Pirates would bring Carlos Santana to the plate representing the tying run. Jansen would get Santana to ground out to Arroyo at second base for the final out to record the save as the Red Sox hang on to win 5-3 in 10 innings

Red Sox at Pirates |
Mar 26, 2023123456789ExtrasRHE
Boston (N/A)1001000003581
Pittsburgh (N/A)1001000001380
W: John Schreiber L: Jose Hernandez S: Kenley Jansen
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSBOSPIT
BOS1Rafael Devers solo HR to RF 10
PIT1Ji-Man Choi sac fly to CF (Cruz scores)11
BOS4Reese McGuire singled to CF (Duvall scores)21
PIT4Jack Suwinski singled to CF (Santana scores)22
BOS10Kike Hernandez doubled to LF (McGuire scores)32
BOS10Rafael Devers doubled to LF (Hernandez scores)42
BOS10Masataka Yoshida doubled to RF (Devers scores)52
PIT10Andrew McCutchen singled to CF (Hedges scores)53
Boston Red Sox
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Verdugo, RF4000000
Devers, 3B5232001
Turner, DH5010020
Yoshida, LF5011010
Duvall, CF4100130
Casas, 1B3000220
Arroyo, 2B4010100
McGuire, C4111020
Hernandez, SS4111000
TEAM TOTALS385854101
BATTING:
2B: Devers 2, Hernandez, Yoshida
HR: Devers
RBI: Devers 2, McGuire, Hernandez, Yoshida
HBP: Verdugo
FIELDING:
E: Arroyo
Pittsburgh Pirates
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Cruz, SS5120010
Reynolds, LF5010010
McCutchen, RF4011020
Santana, DH3110210
Choi, 1B3001000
Hayes, 3B4000020
Suwinski, CF4031000
Castro, 2B4000020
Hedges, C4100010
TEAM TOTALS373832100
BATTING:
RBI: McCutchen, Choi, Suwinski
SF: Choi
GIDP: Reynolds
Boston Red Sox
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Garrett Whitlock5.1522240
Richard Bleier0.2100010
Chris Martin2.0000030
John Schreiber (W)1.0100010
Kenley Jansen (S)1.0110010
TEAM TOTALS10.08322100
PITCHING:
Pitches-Strikes: Whitlock - 86 Pitches (70% Strikes
Pittsburgh Pirates
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Mitch Keller6.0322261
Duane Underwood Jr1.0000010
Jarlin Garcia1.0100000
Yohan Ramirez1.0000120
Jose Hernandez (L)0.1232000
Robert Stephenson0.2200110
TEAM TOTALS10.08544101
PITCHING:
Pitches-Strikes: Keller - 86 Pitches (62% Strikes

Last edited by TNKNGM; 03-27-2023 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-27-2023, 11:28 PM   #13
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Playing a game right now (Boston @ Kansas City) with a couple minor adjustments to the sliders

If all goes well, I will update the sliders in post #1 of the thread and post an updated set (version 2) to the slider vault

So far, the sliders have played very well and I don't think any major changes are needed....just a few subtle little tweaks and validating with a few games played is all I think we need right now. My goal is to have the set considered "ready for franchise play" by Opening Day on Thursday or worst case Friday so that people can start their franchises this weekend if they wish
Old 03-28-2023, 02:27 AM   #14
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

TNK - SLIDER TESTING
Game #4 - Exhibition Game

Boston Red Sox @ Kansas City Royals
Pitching Matchup – Corey Kluber vs Jordan Lyles

The Red Sox got on the board in the top of the 1st when Rafael Devers got a slider up and over the plate from Jordan Lyles and crushed it 405 feet to RF for a solo HR giving the Red Sox a 1-0 lead. Corey Kluber got off to a good start on the mound retiring the side in order in the bottom of the 1st but Vinnie Pasquantino and Hunter Dozier each hit ground balls that found a hole for singles to start the bottom of the 2nd and put two men on with nobody out for the Royals. Edward Olivares came up with runners on the corners and 1 out and would pick up the RBI with a sac fly to Verdugo in RF as his throw home was offline allowing Pasquantino to tag and score tying the game 1-1. Kansas City took the lead in the bottom of the 3rd inning on 3 straight hits with Salvador Perez driving in Bobby Witt Jr on a RBI single through the left side to give the Royals a 2-1 lead. Kluber would get out of the inning with no further damage as he got Pasquantino to ground into an inning ending 4-6-3 double play to send the game to the 4th inning with Kansas City leading 2-1. Lyles was keeping the Red Sox hitters off balance while Kluber struck out Olivares looking to end the 4th inning and Melendez swinging at a cutter down and in to end the 5th and strand a runner in scoring position and we would go to the 6th inning with Kansas City leading 2-1. Lyles retired Devers, Turner and Yoshida in order in the top of the 6th while the Royals got singles from Pasquantino and Isbel to put two men on with 2 outs in the bottom of the 6th. Alex Cora stuck with Kluber to face Olivares after a visit to the mound and Kluber would finish his outing by striking out Olivares on a nasty breaking ball to end the threat and send the game to the 7th inning with the Royals leading 2-1. Adam Duvall lined out to Witt at SS leading off the top of the 7th making it 11 straight Red Sox batters that Lyles had retired before leaving a fastball up in the zone to Triston Casas who launched a 422 foot blast to CF for a solo HR to tie the game at 2-2. The wheels completely fell off for Lyles following the Casas HR as Christian Arroyo lined a single to LF and Lyles would hang a first pitch curveball that Reese McGuire crushed 409 feet into the Royals bullpen in RF giving Boston a 4-2 lead. Amir Garrett would take over for Lyles on the mound and the Red Sox added to their lead as Kike Hernandez singled and came in to score on a RBI double by Devers with 2 outs making it 5-2. Garrett would get Justin Turner to ground out ending the inning but not before the Red Sox strike for 4 runs to turn a 2-1 deficit into a 5-2 lead. Tanner Houck took over on the mound for Boston and gave up a lead off double in the gap to Michael Massey. Houck came back to retire Nate Eaton and got Bobby Witt to ground to Devers at 3rd base but he sailed his throw over the head of Casas at 1st base allowing Massey to score making it 5-3 and bringing the tying run to the plate for Kansas City. MJ Melendez was up next and ripped a ball on the ground past Casas and into RF for a RBI single to make it a one run game 5-4. Cora made a mound visit and stuck with Houck who was getting ground balls with his pitches and the move paid off as Salvador Perez hit the ball hard on the ground to the right side where Casas made an excellent pick at first base to start a huge 3-6-3 inning ending double play to send the game to the 8th inning with Boston leading 5-4. Garrett issued a 1 out walk to Duvall in the top of the 8th and Casas would drive a ball deep to CF short hopping the wall for a RBI double as Duvall scored all the way from first base to extend the Red Sox lead to 6-4. Josh Staumont replaced Garrett on the mound and got out of the inning with no further damage. John Schreiber took over for Houck and pitched a dominant bottom of the 8th as he retired the side in order and blew a 96 mph fastball past Kyle Isbel for a K to send the game to the 9th inning with Boston holding a 6-4 lead. Former Red Sox pitched Josh Taylor came on to pitch the top of the 9th for Kansas City and would get Devers to ground into an inning ending 4-6-3 double play to send the game to the bottom of the 9th. The Royals came up to bat in the bottom of the 9th trailing 6-4 with Olivares, Massey and Eaton due up against Kenley Jansen who was on to try and close it out for Boston. Jansen got Olivares to ground out to Devers for the 1st out and Massey would hit a ground ball past the dive of Arroyo into RF for a single to bring the tying run to the plate for Kansas City with 1 out. Nate Eaton would fly out to Duvall in shallow CF and the Royals were down to their final out with Bobby Witt coming up. Jansen would get ahead in the count with two quick strikes and ran a two seam fastball up and in at 94 mph that locked up Witt who went down looking for strike 3 as Jansen slams the door to record the save and the Red Sox win 6-4

Boston Red Sox at Kansas City Royals
Mar 27, 2023123456789RHE
Boston (N/A)1000004106121
Kansas City (N/A)0110002004120
W: Corey Kluber L: Jordan Lyles S: Kenley Jansen
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSBOSKAN
BOS1Rafael Devers solo HR to RF10
KAN2Edward Olivares sac fly to RF (Pasquantino scores)11
KAN3Salvador Perez singled to LF (Eaton scores)12
BOS7Triston Casas solo HR to CF 22
BOS7Reese McGuire 2-run HR to RF (Arroyo scores)42
BOS7Rafael Devers doubled to CF (Hernandez scores)52
KAN7Bobby Witt reached on throwing error by Devers (Massey scores)53
KAN7MJ Melendez singled to RF (Witt scores)54
BOS8Triston Casas doubled to CF (Duvall scores)64
Boston Red Sox
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Verdugo, RF5010000
Devers, 3B5122001
Turner, DH4020010
Yoshida, LF4000020
Duvall, CF3100110
Casas, 1B4122011
Arroyo, 2B4130000
McGuire, C4112011
Hernandez, SS4110000
TEAM TOTALS376126163
BATTING:
2B: Casas, Turner, Devers
HR: Devers, Casas, McGuire
RBI: Devers 2, Casas 2, McGuire 2
GIDP: Devers
FIELDING:
E: Devers
Kansas City Royals
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
Witt, SS5220010
Melendez, DH4021010
Perez, C4011010
Pasquantino, 1B4120000
Dozier, 3B4020000
Isbel, CF4010010
Olivares, LF3001020
Massey, 2B4120000
Eaton, RF4000020
TEAM TOTALS384123080
BATTING:
2B: Massey, Dozier
RBI: Olivares, Perez, Melendez
SF: Olivares
GIDP: Pasquantino, Perez
BASERUNNING:
SB: Witt
CS: Dozier
Boston Red Sox
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Corey Kluber (W)6.0922060
Tanner Houck (H)1.0220000
John Schreiber (H)1.0000010
Kenley Jansen (S)1.0100010
TEAM TOTALS9.01242080
PITCHING:
Pitches-Strikes: Kluber - 87 Pitches (69% Strikes)
Kansas City Royals
PITCHERSIPHRERBBSOHRERA
Jordan Lyles (L)6.1744053
Amir Garrett1.0322110
Josh Staumont0.2100000
Josh Taylor1.0100000
TEAM TOTALS9.01266163
PITCHING:
Pitches-Strikes: Lyles - 87 Pitches (70% Strikes)
Old 03-28-2023, 02:32 AM   #15
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Post #1 of the thread has been updated with v2 of the sliders

The sliders have also been uploaded to the vault as "TNK 2023 Sliders v2"

Key changes to the sliders are:

Human Contact - raise to 7
Human Power - raise to 6
Human Timing - raise to 7
CPU Power - raise to 5
Human Starter Stamina - raise to 8
CPU Starter Stamina - raise to 8
Fastball Pitch Speed - raise to 6
Offspeed Pitch Speed - raise to 6
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2023, 09:41 PM   #16
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

Starting a game right now using the updated set in post #1 of the thread

Going to face a tougher opponent (Atlanta) and throw #1 pitchers (Chris Sale vs Max Fried)

If this game plays well....I am starting to feel confident that the sliders are ready to begin a Franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »