Home

The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 24

This is a discussion on The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 24 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-26-2024, 05:46 AM   #473
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 24

EDITED: Nevermind I just checked the sim sliders portion on the original post

Last edited by Mongo16; 04-26-2024 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Answered my own question
Old 04-26-2024, 08:41 AM   #474
Pro

Mattchu12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
For now, don't worry about it. I'm probably going to update it.

Let us know when you do because I've got a bunch of Yankees prospects to get ratings for, lol.
Old 04-26-2024, 09:55 AM   #475
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Just because of the way things play out in a fully-played game vs. how they play out in a sim. The primary difference being that pitcher energy is consumed much slower during sims (including quick manage in-game, which is a really good place to see this at work). I haven't looked at the sliders as I'm just dropping in here from OS Real Time, but I would assume that because of that the Pitcher Stamina sliders - or at least the CPU's - are set a few ticks lower than whatever the "in-game" sliders are. That said, only a few of the sliders have any effect in sims at all - those being the Stamina sliders (including the human ones if you happen to be quick-managing while having a team user-selected ingame), Manager Hook, Trades, and the specially-mentioned Simulation Injury slider. If everything else is left at 5, they likely have no effect.

Edited roster or not, the stamina thing (as it relates to pitchers in sims having far too many complete games) is what having two sets of sliders is trying to combat.
This right here.

When you are manipulating the three key sliders (stamina, hook and injuries), you're trying to get the best results from the sim engine.

A couple of years ago, we did some pretty extensive testing with the sim engine, stat tracking and the whole nine. We found a balance; we accept a few more CGs because stamina plays a role in pitcher effectiveness, and as such, pitching stats.

You have to decide what you want when you set these sliders. You can get CGs down, but then you have to understand RP usage will go up and SP stats will be more shaky, for example.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2024, 04:56 PM   #476
Rookie

Is there a way to maintain the lineups when you start a franchise with the TrueSim roster? Seems like when you load a roster and then start a season (either in Spring Training or Opening day), it resets lineups and pitching rotations to whatever dumb logic TheShow uses
Old 04-26-2024, 07:25 PM   #477
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JstnJ
Is there a way to maintain the lineups when you start a franchise with the TrueSim roster? Seems like when you load a roster and then start a season (either in Spring Training or Opening day), it resets lineups and pitching rotations to whatever dumb logic TheShow uses
Nope, you have to set them once you advance to regular season if you want them to stick. And don't forget to set CPU teams to manual lineups/rotations.

Old 04-26-2024, 10:17 PM   #478
daz
Rookie

daz's Arena

OVR: 5

Absolutely love the rosters. I just got back to playing The Show after not owning a playstation for the last five years. Having so much fun being back to playing.
But what's up with Shota's name. I see you have it as Shoto, so I go to edit it to Shota and it keeps erroring saying I'm using illegal characters. Is this a bug of some sort with the game editing?
Old 04-26-2024, 10:44 PM   #479
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz
Absolutely love the rosters. I just got back to playing The Show after not owning a playstation for the last five years. Having so much fun being back to playing.
But what's up with Shota's name. I see you have it as Shoto, so I go to edit it to Shota and it keeps erroring saying I'm using illegal characters. Is this a bug of some sort with the game editing?
Bug

Try disconnecting your console from the internet and then changing it

Old 04-27-2024, 02:43 PM   #480
Pro

I_HATE_THAT_DUDE's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Nope, you have to set them once you advance to regular season if you want them to stick. And don't forget to set CPU teams to manual lineups/rotations.
I've never done that before (however in series matches I play I set them for the AI to match real life--only when I play with my favorite team) that being said, when there is an injury will the AI sub out the injured guy OR will you be prompted to fill it yourself before simming ahead the AI team?

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »