Home

2019 Atlanta Braves

This is a discussion on 2019 Atlanta Braves within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-28-2019, 04:39 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2019 Atlanta Braves

The Phillies don’t really scare me anymore than they did last week. They’ll be good, but they’re beatable.

I think it’s going to be a four-team dogfight ... and the Marlins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2019, 05:06 PM   #42
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

https://www.boston.com/sports/mlb/20...es-complicated

Reading this makes me think we won't see Kimbrel in the ATL...I understand a lot of arguments he makes, but I hate that he's using October to judge anything. Such a small sample size and as a closer you get an even smaller sample.

Also, he tries to equate Vizcaino's save % to Kimbrel's, but I have to say that Viz NEVER makes it easy. I know it might be stupid, but I'd just love to have Kimbrel finish his career as a Brave.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:12 PM   #43
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

BTW - I saw Folty was scratched with an elbow issue. I really, really hope that's not going to be a thing.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:30 PM   #44
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
The Phillies don’t really scare me anymore than they did last week. They’ll be good, but they’re beatable.

Me either! We ain't scare of know Harper. This about the dumbest signing for a team. A FA staying in the same division who is familiar with him & yet along his original team. Geez!!

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-28-2019, 11:56 PM   #45
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

You really think the Marlins are going to end up being in the pennant race for the division or even a Wild Card in 2019? I don't see it at all. I think they're last place in the division & possibly one of the bottom 3 teams in the NL overall. I say it will end up being between the Braves & Phillies but the Nationals & Mets will be there until after the All-Star break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
Me either! We ain't scare of know Harper. This about the dumbest signing for a team. A FA staying in the same division who is familiar with him & yet along his original team. Geez!!

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Operation Sports mobile app
Him staying in the same division means nothing. Harper is going to a ballpark that has a short porch in RF & LF. Harper has power both ways. He's going to hit quite a few HR's each season as long as he stays healthy.

I also think Harper will hit for a better average than he did this past season in Philly as well. I don't get you calling this a dumb signing going by the analogy that he's staying in the same division so familiarity with him will give us & the other teams in the division an advantage.

When you're a good/great hitter it doesn't matter which league or division that you play in. Bryce Harper is going to probably one of the best ballparks for HR's especially to RF as a LH hitter. He made a smart decision & so did the Phillies. They are going to have a contending team now.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2019, 12:08 AM   #46
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

Touki got rocked today in his start. That's already 2 rough outings for him. He pitched 1 inning I believe it was either the 1st or 2nd spring training game. He gave up 2 ER's in that 1 inning. He gave up 5 ER in 1 IP today: http://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=401078924

I know it's only 2 outings but he had better have some really solid innings for the rest of spring training or I feel like he will be taken out of the equation for the rotation come Opening Day rosters. Now, we also have Soroka & Folty with some injury concerns.

That's very scary to think about. We can't afford to lose both of these SP's for any extended period of time. Soroka is especially troublesome coming of the injury from last season & already showing arm discomfort but Folty might even be more scary because he's our best overall SP. Geez!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11
Old 03-01-2019, 01:14 PM   #47
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Man...reading the things I'm reading from Folty, I fully expect we'll be without his services this year.

He said that he had the pain last year, but got used to pitching with it...he had hoped it would be gone when he started this year in Spring Training with rest. When he made his first start it was still there, but the thing that bothered him the most was his velocity was down 6-8 mph on his fastball (he was sitting 88-90).

All of those tell me he has an injury, he pitched with it last year, and it hasn't gone away/has gotten worse. I'm fully expecting to here he's getting TJS. The only thing I don't understand is why these guys don't get checked out at the END of the season...if you need surgery, start your clock then and not now. Oh well...
Old 03-01-2019, 01:25 PM   #48
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

Quote:

I fully expect the Nats to be good. Soto played exceptional as a rookie and if this Robles kid is any good...yikes!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »