Home

Old 05-25-2011, 12:48 AM   #73
Pro

johnriii's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Com vs Com sliders

lupus11,

got my new (refurbished) xbox coming in the mail from ebay. but who knew this: the power supply needs to be 203Volt, and I have a 175volt. this sucks, a lot. however, your stats are looking pretty decent, keep it up. i should be back into the game this time next week, if I can find this power brick that I don't have....
Old 05-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 2
Question Re: Com vs Com sliders

hi in regards to the pc
with patch 1.1 what slider adjustments will allow the com pitcher to throw a complete game or al least go 8 innings or is this even possible ??
Old 05-26-2011, 04:23 AM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuevad1
hi in regards to the pc
with patch 1.1 what slider adjustments will allow the com pitcher to throw a complete game or al least go 8 innings or is this even possible ??
Sorry, no idea about the PC version, but try the sliders above, see how it goes and adjust accordingly. These sliders do seem to reduce the pitch count, so you may find starting pitchers stay in the game longer. On those sliders so far the hits are a little high, but it's only a small sample so far and the White Sox have spent two games whacking the Indians all over the place. I just tried a game with those sliders but made the following tweaks:

Pitch success @ 65
Strike zone freq. @ 55
Break influence @ 20

The Red Sox beat the Indians 4-1.

Hits : Sox 12, Indians 8
Ks : Sox 10, Indians 9
BBs : Sox 4, Indians 2
Avg : Sox .342, Indians .250

Gonzalez had a HR for Boston, 1 error for each team. Lester pitched 8 innings, had 8 Ks, then Papelbon came in and struck out two more in the 9th. Carmona was yanked after 4.2 innings. The pitch count was better with these adjustments. Good pitching means the starter should go deep, bad pitching means some sit down time.

I think the main problem with trying to perfect CPU vs CPU sliders is precisely that, trying to perfect them. This season offensive numbers are down, so as long as your stats are 'believable' then slightly up or down isn't a real problem. As long as hits and strikeouts don't average too high, there are enough HRs (1.8-2.2 per game combined), and batting average is around .240-.260 on average and BBs average about 3 per team per game then it's close enough. You just have to imagine that your franchise/season/playoffs are in an up or down year in terms of particular stats. It's unlikely that only one will be way off, I would personally favour slightly lower offensive numbers than the other way round as long as HRs are at realistic numbers, that way the weaker teams shouldn't be overwhelmed everytime they face a power hitting team. Try these sliders with the tweaks in this post, and see how you go. Good luck.

Last edited by Lupus11; 05-29-2011 at 03:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 09:14 PM   #76
Rookie

good points will check them out
Old 05-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #77
Rookie

tried a game last nite with new slides
e jackson for the white sox went to the bottom of 8th against san fran leading 2-1 with 1 hit allowed a dinger, 97 pitches and 14 k get 2 outs gives up walk ,single and the center fielder misplays a sinking liner for a 2 run error lost game 3-2. the inf an out speed adjust are great .thanks for are the time and effort. really makes the game a lot better.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:36 AM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuevad1
tried a game last nite with new slides
e jackson for the white sox went to the bottom of 8th against san fran leading 2-1 with 1 hit allowed a dinger, 97 pitches and 14 k get 2 outs gives up walk ,single and the center fielder misplays a sinking liner for a 2 run error lost game 3-2. the inf an out speed adjust are great .thanks for are the time and effort. really makes the game a lot better.
Glad to have helped. I've noticed that these sliders do allow high-ish hits, but the reduction in strikeouts and walks compared to the WS sliders is fine. I only ran 6 games, and the White Sox routs of the Indians did skew the offensive numbers by quite a bit, but I think I have a good idea of what the sliders do. The only problem I realy had with the WS sliders was the number of BBs, but that was laregly due to the Rangers pitching. The sliders I used for 11 games of the playoffs produced decent stats, slightly down on homers, but no major issues, and other than the homers they were probably the best stats. It's very difficult to find the balance between hits/strikeouts/BBs, I guess because the sliders have to be adjusted by at least 5 points. I'm running a few games on new sliders which hopefully will tone down the offensive numbers slightly while keeping strikeouts down. So far they look good from 5 games played, pitch counts lower which does keep starting pitchers deep into the game unless they get hammered, but I won't post until I've run at least 15 games (I want to have used every team just once, but so far runs, hits, Ks, batting averages and homers are good and in keeping with the slightly down year for offense, BBs and pitch counts are low, but that wouldn't be a deal breaker. I think we've managed to come up with 4 slider sets that are acceptable for CPU vs CPU, none are perfect, but none of the issues are major. I think the increase in fielding speeds is probably the most important change, if only MLB 2K11 allowed sliders to be altered by increments of 1.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:35 AM   #79
Rookie

Currently into the 9th game on the sliders I'm experimenting with and so far so good. The stats are good, lower offensive numbers than the previous ones, but no real problems. Pitch counts are low, but that does mean starters are going deep if not completing games, and the advantage that games run faster. This probably effects BBs which are lower, but it I'd rather have the runs, hits, Ks and batting averages I'm seeing than perfect BBs and pitch counts. Home runs are being hit at a decent rate. One thing I have noticed is the number of times runners are tagged out going for an extra base, this is something that doesn't show up on the stats, but is definitely something I notice when I watch these games. I think the sliders we have been using have had running aggression @100, this may be the only real issue with the current sliders, I may run some of the games with running aggression down @75, it won't affect the crucial hit, Ks and BBs, but it may mean giving the scoring a slight boost: I have seen too many runners tagged going for 3rd, which is a shame given they would safely be in scoring position on 2nd. We have spent a lot of time trying to get hitting and pitching right, that maybe running aggression has slipped under the radar. I'll run this and the 10th game with no changes and then tweak running aggression down, I'm not sure too many runs scored from 3rd would not be scored from 2nd, but I don't know that it would inflate the scoring in most games. We'll see.

I just wish my XBox hadn't decided to only play games in black and white! I keep expecting to see Babe Ruth walk to the plate. It's a temperamental machine, so maybe this will sort itself out, plays DVDs in colour, just not games at the moment!!

Last edited by Lupus11; 05-30-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:45 AM   #80
Rookie

Ok, well I've decided to post the stats for the first ten games, I'll run the next five with a reduction of running aggression to @85. So far 10 games have given these stats (per team per game):

Runs : 2.8
Hits : 8.35
Ks : 6.4
BBs : 2.15
Avg : .253

There have been 12 errors and 17 home runs in total and teams are 11/15 in stolen base attempts.

All the games have been realistic, 20 different teams. Issues are low pitch count 107.45 pitches per team compared to MLB average of 148, low-ish BBs, and scoring on the low side. Pitch counts don't bother me, games run faster and starting pitchers who are pitching well don't get yanked after 8.2 innings of shutout as I've seen on higher pitch count games!! I'm hoping reduction of running aggression will increase scoring, I've seen too many runners tagged out going for very optimistic extra bases, particularly to 3rd. Triples and doubles are still achieved if the ball is hit in the right areas, but too many runners try for one base too many. So many of the homers seem to be solo shots (Blue Jays had 3 against White Sox), and if a slightly less kamikaze running approach adds a few runs via the HR or just standard hits then fine. The scoring shouldn't be over inflated, and good pitching should still be able to get shutouts (2 in 10 games so far). The pitch count isn't a problem, the ball to strike ratio is a little off, 34.1% balls compared to MLB @ 38%, but this isn't a big deal. For realistic stats in the areas we're looking for these sliders are pretty good, I don't think scoring can be given a boost by upping hitting contact or power without disrupting Ks, BBs, etc. The running/stealing sliders may need adjusting. Home runs are not too bad. Ultimately it is a matter of matchups, good pitchers will dominate, but weak pitching should get hammered. Just for the record, the scores:

Red Sox 2-6-1
Tigers 3-7-0

White Sox 2-9-0
Blue Jays 3-10-0

Indians 1-8-1
Rays 5-10-0

Angels 4-9-1
Twins 0-4-1

Royals 9-16-1
Rangers 3-11-1

Phillies 0-4-0
Mets 1-5-0

Padres 4-6-1
Nationals 2-8-0

D'backs 1-9-3
Astros 6-11-0

Giants 2-10-0
Brewers 5-11-1

Pirates 2-6-0
Cubs 1-7-1

All realistic scores, a few runs lost because of crap base running, Brewers had 4 solo HRs. Need the occasional big score, but these are fine. I'll post the actual sliders next time ;-)

Last edited by Lupus11; 05-30-2011 at 05:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »