Home

How long are your quarters and how are your players comparing to the rest of the leag

This is a discussion on How long are your quarters and how are your players comparing to the rest of the leag within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-30-2023, 12:33 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
How long are your quarters and how are your players comparing to the rest of the leag

I play all madden default. 15 min quarters 10 sec acc clock. Trying to get a realistic amount of plays.

12 games in I am 6-6 with the Vikings. (It’s been a steep learning curve) but my problem is I have a top 5 offense and the worst defense. Which I know is exactly how the real Vikings were last year.

When I look at the league stats though my qb is outpacing the total yards by 500 yards? Like he has over 3500 yards passing and Mahomes is sitting under 3000.

I tried to balance this by playing 6 min qtrs last night with 25 sec acc clock (default clock) and I beat the bears 33-29. Another shootout? In 6 min qtrs. Kirk threw for 349 yards on 25 passes.

What is the solution here?

Idk if it was the changed time length that caused the explosion of big plays or what. I just want to play an NFL sim and have my stats compete with the rest of the league. Any solutions? It feels like this year Madden definitely decided to cater to the casual gamer bc every play is like 15 yards and drives rarely go more than 10 plays. It was not like this for me last year.

Is everyone else having the same problems?
Have you found anything that works for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2023, 02:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How long are your quarters and how are your players comparing to the rest of the

9 mins with no accelerated clock on Madden 23 gave you roughly 120 plays per game which is NFL average.

On Madden 24 QB completion percentage seems lower (and more realistic). This means the clock stops more. Using 9 minutes in Madden 24 seems to now provide slightly above average plays per game. I’m waiting to start my franchise when the draft bug is fixed and week to rosters drop. Think with all of the above 8
Mins per Quarter and no accelerated clock will be realistic.
Old 08-30-2023, 03:01 PM   #3
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: How long are your quarters and how are your players comparing to the rest of the

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadler
9 mins with no accelerated clock on Madden 23 gave you roughly 120 plays per game which is NFL average.

On Madden 24 QB completion percentage seems lower (and more realistic). This means the clock stops more. Using 9 minutes in Madden 24 seems to now provide slightly above average plays per game. I’m waiting to start my franchise when the draft bug is fixed and week to rosters drop. Think with all of the above 8
Mins per Quarter and no accelerated clock will be realistic.
Plays per game is actually 153 on average. Not 120.

https://operations.nfl.com/officiati...g-for-success/

Each NFL game averages around 153 plays. Game officials are typically accurate on 98.9% of calls.
Old 08-30-2023, 03:03 PM   #4
MVP

Thanks. I’m going to attempt 12 mins 15 sec acc clock tonight. And try to raise the speed parity.

When I played my 6 min Qtr game the game was super choppy. Something I hadn’t noticed before.

Even if we get the right plays per game it won’t matter if every play averages 20 yards. I think the lack of defense and actually having to punt the ball is the difference between madden and the real nfl.

Old 08-30-2023, 03:10 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Plays per game is actually 153 on average. Not 120.

https://operations.nfl.com/officiati...g-for-success/

Each NFL game averages around 153 plays. Game officials are typically accurate on 98.9% of calls.
Holy cow...is that including every time the ball is snapped and kicked? I know that 120 number comes from plays from scrimmage (where typically only rush and pass plays are counted). If you added in punts, fg, kickoffs, etc....yeah, it'd probably creep closer to 150-160.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2023, 03:14 PM   #6
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Holy cow...is that including every time the ball is snapped and kicked? I know that 120 number comes from plays from scrimmage (where typically only rush and pass plays are counted). If you added in punts, fg, kickoffs, etc....yeah, it'd probably creep closer to 150-160.
Take a look at this too....

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/plays-per-game
Old 08-30-2023, 03:17 PM   #7
MVP

Everything I google suggests 120-125 plays. I’m not saying your wrong. I’m just saying there is no way i would want to have a 153 plays in a game of madden. I would hit triple digits haha.

Old 08-30-2023, 03:18 PM   #8
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm0ney2001
Everything I google suggests 120-125 plays. I’m not saying your wrong. I’m just saying there is no way i would want to have a 153 plays in a game of madden. I would hit triple digits haha.

8 mins for a long time, in 24 I'm using 9 min QTRS no acc clock gives me pretty realistic stats

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »