Home

How long are your quarters and how are your players comparing to the rest of the leag

This is a discussion on How long are your quarters and how are your players comparing to the rest of the leag within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-31-2023, 10:07 AM   #17
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: How long are your quarters and how are your players comparing to the rest of the

I use 10/20 and average 120 per game.
Old 08-31-2023, 10:15 AM   #18
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How long are your quarters and how are your players comparing to the rest of the

This won't be news to anyone, but I'm playing on the default 6 min q's/20 sec runoff and my completions, rushing attempts, and tackles are all very low.

I like getting deep into franchises so it's tough to play long quarters. For those that play 9+ min q's, do you play every game of the season? Do you supersim portions of your games?
Old 08-31-2023, 10:26 AM   #19
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
This won't be news to anyone, but I'm playing on the default 6 min q's/20 sec runoff and my completions, rushing attempts, and tackles are all very low.

I like getting deep into franchises so it's tough to play long quarters. For those that play 9+ min q's, do you play every game of the season? Do you supersim portions of your games?
I do 15/13 acc and play every minute of every game. It’s pretty easy to get through seasons in Madden with only 17 games. Can do a season in a week or two. Unlike the other sports that have 82 or 162 games.
Old 08-31-2023, 10:27 AM   #20
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

Quote:

The first season I play every game and every play. After that i’ll mix it up with full games, play offence only, and Moments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2023, 11:43 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
Long winded but 15 mins w 14 run off work well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I watched a YouTube video about quarter length and game pacing, from the user MegaBearsFan. He uses 15 mins, 14 sec accel. I gave that a try and I really like it is as well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2023, 12:25 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm0ney2001
Thanks. I’m going to attempt 12 mins 15 sec acc clock tonight. And try to raise the speed parity.

When I played my 6 min Qtr game the game was super choppy. Something I hadn’t noticed before.

Even if we get the right plays per game it won’t matter if every play averages 20 yards. I think the lack of defense and actually having to punt the ball is the difference between madden and the real nfl.

I have been messing around with this quite a bit. 15 min quarters with 15 accel clock was just a tad too many plays for me. I dropped it to 14 accel and that has been the sweet spot for me. Typically averaging between 120-140 plays depending on the game. My more run heavy games tend to be less plays, more pass heavy tend to be on the higher end. With 15 accel I was getting 135-155 per game which I know is right around avg. but I thought it was a bit much.
Old 08-31-2023, 12:53 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:

I play every game.

When you play that quarter length do you have the #1 defense and #32 offense?

Old 08-31-2023, 12:57 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:

I play 15 with 10 accel clock and it takes about an hour to play a game. I don't watch many cutscenes and stuff like that though so if you do it would probably add a little bit more time than that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »