Home

New Patch: Player Speed Parity Scale

This is a discussion on New Patch: Player Speed Parity Scale within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-31-2018, 10:18 PM   #33
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: New Patch: Player Speed Parity Scale

If people out there haven't visited RaiderRen's slider blog yet, I highly recommend his sliders. Imo, the best user vs cpu sliders on OS. Especially if you play on normal speed.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:17 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren
Chiming in here... In general, zero threshold makes it extremely difficult, unless you jack coverage, INT and reaction. You’ll also need to raise TAK and Mask considerably. I haven’t used zero this year, so I can’t definitively say that is functions the same way as it has in past years.

I’m afraid I’m in the minority at the moment, but I’m getting some of the best gameplay that I’ve ever had in Madden after this last patch. I’m running thresh @ 55, with FAT @ 50 and I’m getting subs! Lost my opener with the Colts to your Bengals 19-16 in OT.

While ever far from perfect, this last patch has cleaned a few things up.
I see the same thing in cpu/cpu concerning the 0 thresh, and they break way more tackles at this setting. This wasn’t the case before the patch.

Post-patch, with 0 thresh and 37 tackle, the tackle slider felt like it was set in the 0-10 range. Again, never seen it have this kind of effect until this last patch. The game plays completely different when you move this now. Used to, it had an effect, but nothing like this.

Not saying that’s a bad thing, but it is drastically different. What’s strange is, it didn’t seem like that big of a change in the first few post-patch games. But the more I watched and fiddled with thresh, the more differences I seen.

Needless to say, if anyone has problems with the run game being stuck in a rut, crank this down to 0.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

Last edited by tommycoa; 10-31-2018 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:18 AM   #35
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

The only thing 0 did for me watching CPU vs CPU games was to cut down on running backs and receiver breaking away for long excessive yardage. The DB's LB's and safeties are faster and play to their true speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2018, 01:27 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

Gentlemen try Default All-Madden with 0 speed threshold and 0 fatigue against one of my Alltime teams! Damn good challenge even at 50 player and 50 cpu! The best game I had in the last two days of testing ironically was All-Madden, 0 speed threshold 0 fatigue and user and cpu bumped up to 100! I beat the AllTime Steelers in the last 13 seconds of the game 25-23 with the Alltime 49ers with a blocked punt in their end zone! The stats ended pretty realistic. Franco Harris had 140 rushing but Montana had 350 passing! Great Game! Well, back to working on Alltime rosters!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-01-2018, 10:27 AM   #37
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I see the same thing in cpu/cpu concerning the 0 thresh, and they break way more tackles at this setting. This wasn’t the case before the patch.

Post-patch, with 0 thresh and 37 tackle, the tackle slider felt like it was set in the 0-10 range. Again, never seen it have this kind of effect until this last patch. The game plays completely different when you move this now. Used to, it had an effect, but nothing like this.

Not saying that’s a bad thing, but it is drastically different. What’s strange is, it didn’t seem like that big of a change in the first few post-patch games. But the more I watched and fiddled with thresh, the more differences I seen.

Needless to say, if anyone has problems with the run game being stuck in a rut, crank this down to 0.

I don't see the same things as you guys or maybe we just play the game differently or have different expectations.

I use 0 speed thresh, 0 tackling, 0 pass coverage for both cpu and user. I have no problem with the broken tackles. Also I turn all assists off. There are a few more missed tackles but its nothing game breaking. To me it actually makes the better backs funner to play against because its much tougher and you will learn to tackle better.

Do people just want an easy experience? I mean are we playing Madden Pee Wee Little League 19 or are we playing Madden NFL 19?

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Old 11-01-2018, 10:45 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skundy
I don't see the same things as you guys or maybe we just play the game differently or have different expectations.

I use 0 speed thresh, 0 tackling, 0 pass coverage for both cpu and user. I have no problem with the broken tackles. Also I turn all assists off. There are a few more missed tackles but its nothing game breaking. To me it actually makes the better backs funner to play against because its much tougher and you will learn to tackle better.

Do people just want an easy experience? I mean are we playing Madden Pee Wee Little League 19 or are we playing Madden NFL 19?
I never said it was easy or too hard. I said, if you need to open the run game up, put it to 0. How’s that any different from what you just said? As a matter of fact, you confirmed what I said. So, we are seeing the same.

For me, there’s just a bit too many broken tackles with it at 0, but i can see how people would like playing at this level. I wasn’t condemning 0 thresh, i just found a more realistic level for cpu/cpu action.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 11-01-2018, 12:38 PM   #39
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skundy

I’m not seeing that many broken tackles either and it plays very realistic at zero for me.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Operation Sports
Old 11-01-2018, 01:07 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
I’m not seeing that many broken tackles either and it plays very realistic at zero for me.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Operation Sports
There’s hidden broken tackle stats in the game, like hidden yardage. The game doesn’t keep up with wrs and TEs broken tackles. It doesn’t show up in the stats, but it’s there when you play. At 0 thresh with 37 tackle, Pro level, i was seeing 20-30 recorded broken tackles a game with both rbs. The low realm with 15 I think.

But If it recorded wrs and TEs broken tackles, there would have been 10-20 more. TEs almost always broke a tackle after a catch, sometimes the broke more than one tackle and it always brought some good looking animations, but with my setup, it was just too wide open.

This isn’t really a stat thing. More of a gameplay preference, and 0 thresh just had a little more wide-open gameplay. Felt more like a college game to me. Nothing wrong with that because the NFL is very wide-open.

Teams finished:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »