Home

EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console)

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-06-2023, 12:45 PM   #1385
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: EA Sports PGA TOUR Impressions (Console)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
The swing from full to putting is God awful.
You have just succinctly summed up up my experience in one sentence. You're right, there is virtually no feel in swing the club, for any shot type, in this game. It feels like it's being governed by the game engine to an extent that it feels like on rails.

This game desperately needs a performance option that runs at 60 FPS, but just as importantly, there needs to be 60 FPS worth of animation frames to match up with the ability to deliver them at that frame rate. I'm not sure we have that in the current game. When I turn the graphics down to 1080p and cut some graphics detail on the PC version, I can make it run at 60 FPS, but it still seems like the swing mechanism has a governor on it. The animation is not varying proportionally with my stick motion, making it feel like what's being depicted on the screen is a token representation of what I'm doing with the stick.

Quote:
There is no connection to the golfer in the game.
So true, and it is the case because of what you've cited above... no feel in the swing!

Quote:
Cameras are bad and lacking variety.
I can get a swing camera that I like, and I also like the low level putting aim camera, but outside of that, I find the game is woefully lacking in its camera production/presentation options. The broadcast camera feels broken to me. It often cuts to a camera on short shots that's further away than the initial camera on short shots, where you'd be wanting to see some progressive zoom to give you a better look at how the ball is breaking, or bouncing. The Pro camera's downrange cuts are way too late in the shot. I wish they would give you option to cut to the downrange camera on demand, like PGA TOUR 2K23 does. A lot of the cuts the pro camera takes put the viewer in a position to not get a good perspective on what's happening.

Quote:
I think the graphics are awful and I know I am in the minority but hey that's my opinion. The golfer's face at least my female character looks decent in game but the courses look bad to me. Feels like you're swinging the club underwater. Hard pass at any price.
I think the graphics on most of the courses are really good. I don't know what happened at Wolf Creek.. it doesn't look as good as it did in RMPGAT. I found Southern Hills to be a little bit lacking as well, but overall, I clearly give the edge to EA Sports PGA Tour, over PGA 2K23. When it comes down to gameplay; 2K23 is well ahead of EA's game though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2023, 05:43 PM   #1386
Banned

OVR: 0

I personally love the feel of this game. I really have no gameplay issues at all. My par and sand saves are my clear weaknesses, but as I’ve leveled up and added specs to my clubs, I can feel the differences.

I’m now shooting around par, and when I bogey I know why. Gameplay wise, it feel vastly improved over TW and RM.

I’ve also been taking my time on the challenges, doing a few between tournaments, and I’m playing 4 full rounds.

And the courses play so different from each other, that it just never gotten old. But it is 109% EA golf. Some people are not going to like it, which is cool.

I haven’t had this much fun since the TW days.
Old 06-08-2023, 05:27 PM   #1387
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
I sprung for a PS5 and got a month worth of EA Play fir 5 bucks. 10 hour trial of this game have managed more than a few hours into it using my created golfer.
I hear people say their dream golf game would be EA graphics with 2k game play. Not for me.

Everything I thought was awful about this game watching videos has proven true at least to me. The swing from full to putting is God awful. There is no connection to the golfer in the game. Cameras are bad and lacking variety.

I think the graphics are awful and I know I am in the minority but hey that's my opinion. The golfer's face at least my female character looks decent in game but the courses look bad to me. Feels like you're swinging the club underwater. Hard pass at any price.
There is simply no better looking golf game out there in my opinion. Some slow rendering textures are there for sure & a few courses haven’t quite received the full next generation overhaul but I still am impressed every time I play. Cannot wait for LACC as I believe it’ll be a top 5 course in this game.

Interested to know what display you use because that may be the difference that you see versus the majority?

Last edited by RIFRIG; 06-08-2023 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-08-2023, 05:37 PM   #1388
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
There is simply no better looking golf game out there in my opinion. Some slow rendering textures are there for sure & a few courses haven’t quite received the full next generation overhaul but I still am impressed every time I play. Cannot wait for LACC as I believe it’ll be a top 5 course in this game.

Interested to know what display you use because that may be the difference that you see versus the majority?

The same display I use for 2k23 which I think looks better. Yes I am in the minority but I don't like the looks and feel of the game whatsoever. My opinion.
Old 06-08-2023, 05:48 PM   #1389
Banned

Yeah, 2K23 really takes advantage of that Unity engine.

Old 06-08-2023, 06:28 PM   #1390
MVP

OVR: 4

Is The Cliffs at Lighthouse Pointe's greens really that flat in real life? Tee to green is crazy then you get to the greens and they are boring!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2023, 06:28 PM   #1391
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

OVR: 2

this game blows 2K away. Can't even go back and play a round of 2K anymore without getting bored. Can't wait for more updates from EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2023, 06:48 PM   #1392
MVP

OVR: 4

Oh ffs... Just read lighthouse pointe is a fantasy course lol

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »