Home

#H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on #H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-07-2020, 10:58 AM   #409
MVP

Careless Whisper's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14)

Doesn't matter if you win pretty or ugly, a win's still a win. Wasn't expecting Duke to keep it close like that!
Old 04-07-2020, 02:54 PM   #410
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

I have always been a Dodge guy myself, but Ford came through today.. I think that game would've been a different outcome with Jones in the game. Harris made some plays but overall took alot of bad sacks and made some stupid decisions with those turnovers.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:24 PM   #411
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBritishGuy
Oh man, I nearly jinxed it, but it wasn't me as the game was played well before my comment.

That Feamster defelction at the end of the 2nd quarter (what a play that was) probably changed the whole game with that pick 6 on the very next play. Won't go in the stats column for much but that was a massive points swing for them.

Mannnn, I was rooting for Acey Reese when he came on and look what he does, dammit!!

When you go for it on that sort of play and it works everyone loves you, if it fails people scream why didn't you take the easy field goal! Tough game to grind the win out!

And have to say, the Gold out looked awesome, apart from those who decided to wear blue. You always get some of "those" fans who wont participate. Awesome idea for the next NCAA game if we get one (along with upgrading stadiums) is the choice of stadium attire for a "white out" or stripe the stadium" effects.
That Feamster play was one of those deflections that I would love to see my user defenders make! Too often it seems that they don't try to make enough plays on the ball when they're actually in a good position. Sometimes they will go for the pick, but a lot of the time even when they are in good position they don't just try to swat the ball away. I'm not sure if that is something sliders wise that is preventing it, or just their ratings, but there's not really a swat rating haha.

Thankfully for Acey he won't be getting thrust into the fire just yet haha. He's definitely raw, I think maybe his running stats are a bit too good compared to his throwing so I just felt more comfortable trying to scramble with him, but he's not a big guy so his fumbling may be a problem in his career. Thankfully, he should have another full year to develop under Kenny, so by the time we actually get to starting him he should be quality.

On the subject of the crowd thing, I would LOVE if they implemented a feature like that. It would make certain crowds (like PSU's whiteout) a really cool thing to play against. What was funny with my game was that the goldout seemed completely spontaneous as a choice by the CPU. Normally the crowds at my home games are mostly blue with the yellow mixed in, but I went to play this game and the crowd was like 90% yellow for whatever reason and so I decided to mix it into the storyline! It was actually a really cool look, so I hope the game does that once or so a season to continue the special occasion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless Whisper
Doesn't matter if you win pretty or ugly, a win's still a win. Wasn't expecting Duke to keep it close like that!
No doubt! Their defense, particularly against the run, was absolutely stifling. Thankfully their offense didn't particularly stretch the field, so we were able to batten down the hatches and contain them fairly well. We will definitely need more out of the offense if we want to beat UNC or Miami though, that is for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
I have always been a Dodge guy myself, but Ford came through today.. I think that game would've been a different outcome with Jones in the game. Harris made some plays but overall took alot of bad sacks and made some stupid decisions with those turnovers.
Hahaha, fair enough, I can't say I'm a Ford guy either as I've had a string of Jeeps which I love, but it was too good of a pun to pass up! And even if I'm not a Ford guy, I'm DEFINITELY a Paris Ford guy. Jones definitely would have provided a different element for their offense no doubt. They would've been much more dangerous at possibly stretching the field deep and at least giving themselves so more space to work the middle of the field, which would've changed the whole game approach.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2020, 12:26 PM   #412
MVP

moose141's Arena

Something fun that I also wanted to post separately that I thought was pretty cool, but not really a news story or anything, but I took screenshots of Kenny's pick and the second one that Harris threw, and they are almost identical! It was pretty wild to see.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United

Last edited by moose141; 04-08-2020 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:30 PM   #413
MVP

moose141's Arena

Panther Cubs: Pitt Gets 10th Commit
Report by Matt Schmidlin | November 18, 2019

Pitt secured their tenth commitment of the Class of 2020 immediately following their 13-10 victory over Duke this Saturday. No doubt impressed by what he saw from the Panthers defense, DT Adam Vaughn committed to Pitt following his official visit, snubbing a number of other notable ACC and East Coast schools in the process.

The 3-star DT from New Jersey is the second DT that Pitt has secured this season, following Ryan Jacobs's commitment earlier this season. Vaughn (6'6", 291 lbs) is expected to be more of a project, with less chance to immediately see the field than Jacobs, who may be an immediate plug and play starter for Pitt HC Pat Narduzzi. Vaughn's preseason grade from recruiting service 247 was a 70, but following the majority of his senior season at Linden High he has seen his grade dip just slighty to 68. He is a fairly well rounded prospect, with no individual rating grading out higher than 76, but with no single skill rating lower than 72.

National News and Notes

-- #2 Ohio State knocks off #9 Penn State at home, 35-25, to keep their unbeaten season alive. Dwayne Haskins tossed 3 TDs in the victory for the Buckeyes as they improve to 10-0.

-- NC State and Wake Forest continue to set up a collision course for a de-facto ACC Atlantic Championship game in Week 14, as they each just have one conference game (ironically both against Louisville) left to play and sit tied for the division lead.

-- #4 UCLA could be the first school to clinch an unbeaten regular season this year, as they beat Arizona State last week and now just face rivals USC (now ranked at #20) in the Rose Bowl to finish out their schedule. The Bruins have played most of the season without starting QB Devon Modster.

-- #2 LSU will face #3 Auburn in a battle of the nation's #1 offense and the #1 defense. Auburn also fields the #3 rush offense in the country with a ridiculous 317.8 YPG, against Joe Burrow and the Tiger's electric pass offense at 348.7 YPG. LSU also averages a national best 45.5 PPG. The Tiger Bowl should be an incredible contest, and College Gameday will be in attendance for the showdown.

-- After a week in which their stellar defensive line was snubbed, Pitt had a DL earn ACC POTW honors after their win against Duke. Keyshon Camp earned the recognition with a 3 sack performance in which he also forced a fumble, as the Panthers picked up 7 more sacks in the contest, bringing their NCAA leading total to 48 through 10 games.

Last edited by moose141; 04-08-2020 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:32 PM   #414
MVP

moose141's Arena

Pitt Preview: G11 @ UNC
Report by Matt Schmidlin | November 21, 2019

What: #11 Pitt (8-2, 5-1 ACC) vs. North Carolina (6-4, 3-3 ACC)
Where: Kenan Stadium, Chapel Hill, NC
When: Saturday, November 23, 2019, 12:00 PM EST

Game Line Pres. by FanDuel: Pitt (-5.5)

Last Meeting (2018): 52-31 Pitt
Last Meeting at Venue (2017): 31-24 UNC
All Time Series: 8-5 UNC
Dynasty Series: 2-1 Pitt

What to Watch

Not Expecting Deja Vu

No one will ever accuse the 2019 Pitt offense of being a carbon copy of 2018's squad. An explosive effort in last season's senior day saw the Panthers throttle the Tar Heels, 52-31, behind incredible performances from their two workhorse backs. Qadree Ollison carried for 145 yards and a trio of scores while Darrin Hall rumbled for an additional 167 yards and a touchdown in his own right. The Panthers finished the game with an incredible 327 rushing yards, which isn't much less than what 2019 leading rusher Todd Sibley, Jr. has for the entire season (514 yards).

Pitt has relied much more on junior QB Kenny Pickett, and will likely need to continue to do so against a fairly strong UNC defense that has significantly underachieved this season, currently ranking 94th in the nation in total defense. Pickett has been cleared to play and will start under center for the Panthers after leaving last week's contest late with a foot injury. He has been practicing all week with a brace on his right foot/ankle, but did not seem otherwise hindered in his play.

Key Matchup: Pitt's Secondary vs. Carolina QB Nathan Elliott

Nathan Elliott carved up the Panthers in 2018 to the tune of 443 yards and a pair of touchdowns in a losing effort, as Pitt was able to outpace the UNC attack. Don't expect the Panthers to be able to do that this season, as they have only managed 33 points total in their last two outings against a pair of ACC Coastal division bottom feeders. For Pitt to escape aerial destruction, they will need to get pressure on the senior signal caller and force as many turnovers as possible, which they have been doing in droves in recent weeks.

What to Expect on the Field on Saturday

Last edited by moose141; 04-08-2020 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:43 PM   #415
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 0

Nice pickup in Vaughn. He looks more like a DE than DT though. What's his speed and strength like?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2020, 01:27 PM   #416
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Already commented on Youtube. I am curious after Sibley's struggles, and London's at least decent ypc in the Duke game if CJ has at least earned the opportunity to start this week against UNC in hopes that maybe he sparks the ground game moving forward, or could we see some more carries for Keyes out of the backfield.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »