Home

#H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on #H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-01-2020, 08:33 AM   #393
MVP

Careless Whisper's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14)

Always loved pulling a gem like what you got with Billy Jacobs, should be an immediate contributor for you next year.

And this might be the first dynasty where I've seen UAB sim well, seems like they're never among the top G5 teams - hope they can somehow sneak into the CFP!
Old 04-03-2020, 09:56 AM   #394
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless Whisper
Always loved pulling a gem like what you got with Billy Jacobs, should be an immediate contributor for you next year.

And this might be the first dynasty where I've seen UAB sim well, seems like they're never among the top G5 teams - hope they can somehow sneak into the CFP!
Yeah, I've always had one G5 time that seems to have an unreal season. Houston, then Arkansas State, then MTSU last season, and now UAB this year. I actually like UAB's look, plus it's obviously a fun storyline since they resurrected the program and now have turned it into this level. I don't think there's been a G5 that I'm rooting for to bust into the playoff more than UAB this season!

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 04-03-2020, 11:23 AM   #395
MVP

moose141's Arena

SACKING JACKETS
Report by Matt Schmidlin | November 9, 2019

Photo Gallery

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2020, 12:57 PM   #396
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Defense on both teams really stepped up in that one. Crazy to see them only rush for 66 yds. In my dynasty, they had 3-1000 yd rushers last season including their QB.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:00 PM   #397
Pro

Sack City!!! Your secondary definitely played a huge part on that, the coverage was pretty good most of the time to force Williams to scramble, usually into a big old lineman!! But to have 4 guys with multiple sacks, that's more than impressive.

Huge, huge goal line stop at the end of the third, pretty surprised they ran it 4 times in a row seems they had much more success throwing the ball. Guess we all think we should get a couple of yards on the ground with 4 tries, but that was a poor coaching decision.

Couple of nice deep passes to Ffrench were probably the difference maker in the end, along with the 100 sacks! Another solid ACC game but the W which is all that really matters.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:05 AM   #398
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

I find it weird how Georgia Tech plays out in this game, they had 28 passing attempts in my USF dynasty also whilst only rushing for 131-yards total.

Multiple sacks for multiple guys is no easy feat so kudos for that.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:43 PM   #399
MVP

moose141's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Defense on both teams really stepped up in that one. Crazy to see them only rush for 66 yds. In my dynasty, they had 3-1000 yd rushers last season including their QB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearz49ers
I find it weird how Georgia Tech plays out in this game, they had 28 passing attempts in my USF dynasty also whilst only rushing for 131-yards total.

Multiple sacks for multiple guys is no easy feat so kudos for that.
Yeah, this change for them makes sense at least. They went 3-9 in Season 2 and ended up firing Paul Johnson and hiring Lane Kiffin, so they run a more pro-style/spread mixed offense that has much more focus on the passing game, similar to what they've done in real life! Definitely makes them much more conventional to play against.

The sacks weren't really anything too special unfortunately, as Marshall lved to pull it down and try to run if no one was open, so probably 7 of the 11 were more coverage sacks than anything else, but we'll take them for the stat sheet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatBritishGuy
Sack City!!! Your secondary definitely played a huge part on that, the coverage was pretty good most of the time to force Williams to scramble, usually into a big old lineman!! But to have 4 guys with multiple sacks, that's more than impressive.

Huge, huge goal line stop at the end of the third, pretty surprised they ran it 4 times in a row seems they had much more success throwing the ball. Guess we all think we should get a couple of yards on the ground with 4 tries, but that was a poor coaching decision.

Couple of nice deep passes to Ffrench were probably the difference maker in the end, along with the 100 sacks! Another solid ACC game but the W which is all that really matters.
Yeah, the coverage was pretty good. The only thing that was really killing us was their tight end was smoking our middle linebacker in coverage, so I basically hot routed one of my safeties onto double coverage of the tight end on basically every single play. It worked for the most part, but he still ended up with a pretty solid statline after a couple garbage time catches on that final drive. Yeah, that goal line stand was really one of the turning points in the game! The defense was huge in the fourth quarter, as the fourth down stop in the final quarter was gigantic as well. Appreciate all the comments everyone!

Old 04-05-2020, 02:53 PM   #400
MVP

moose141's Arena

Bump to next page.

Last edited by moose141; 04-05-2020 at 08:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »