Home

Big Brother 25

This is a discussion on Big Brother 25 within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2023, 07:44 PM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Big Brother 25

Yes, another summer (but mostly the fall) of Big Brother! Season premieres this Wednesday and due to the writers strike, it'll end November 9th. The first season to ever end in November (the pandemic season ended in October, and the short lived streaming season ended in December, although it premiered in late September)

We actually had back to back good seasons, does this one get cursed or could this really be the first stretch of 3 straight good seasons since probably 10-12 (depending on which ones you've liked/hated)?

It's not the official 25th anniversary season though, that technically won't happen until BB27 (but they're still billing it as the 25th anniversary season....this is Wrestlemania 25 all over again!), but I wonder if we'll get a true all stars season again one day. Let fans vote in all the HGs (from a pool of willing HGs).

CBS had a 25 season look back which was basically just an hour long ET special covering the history of the show, but it was a cool piece to watch.

Funniest was the cookout (3 of them at least) when the producers brought up the Kyland fight with Xavier and they're all like "Kyland was on our season? I'd call that a fracas". Between the alliances falling out and The Challenge, I think Kylands basically gone from future Cookout reunions.

Last edited by Majingir; 07-30-2023 at 08:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2023, 08:06 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Big Brother 25

Not sure if they have lost any writers or if the production crew is still all there. Hopefully the people who like to interfere are on strike and we get a game with little interference from the production team.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2023, 08:26 PM   #3

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Not sure if they have lost any writers or if the production crew is still all there. Hopefully the people who like to interfere are on strike and we get a game with little interference from the production team.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
I hope the writers are off.

Don't get why they even need writers for a reality tv show.

"So I went out into the backyard and I see a giant maze. My strategy in this comp is to run through this maze as quick as possible and put up the fastest time. I need to win this comp. I might be a pawn but we all know pawns go home!"

Every season has the same style of DRs which is stupid. It's a reality show, people tune in for the realness/uniqueness. That's especially what made the early years so great.
Old 07-31-2023, 01:52 PM   #4

Majingir's Arena

Cast revealed.

They actually cast a wide range this time.

5 people 30-40 years old
3 people 40+

Only "notable" is that one player is the brother of a Survivor castaway in s42 (Zach who got voted out at the beginning) and the other is a son of a Survivor player (Cirie).

I don't think saying he's her son will impact much, but you never know. But being on Big Brother which is loaded with twists, let's hope he doesn't suffer the same fate as his mom and get twisted out of the game TWICE (I still hate the game changers ending for that, you go from Cirie who would've won if she made it to the end, getting idoled out, and Sarah goes on to win).

IIRC, Jared was supposed to be on Survivor years back but dropped out.

Last edited by Majingir; 07-31-2023 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-03-2023, 09:13 PM   #5

Majingir's Arena

What an interesting twist to start the season.

I wonder how she'll do playing BB.

And I want America to last a while in this game just for all the jokes.

"America has voted for America to recieve safety this week"

"America is America's player"

"I vote to evict America!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2023, 10:02 PM   #6

Majingir's Arena

As much as I love seeing Cirie on BB, they should've had a full Survivor season of BB. Hopefully this at least opens the door to a possible future season like that.

Reilly and Jared are gonna be gone pre jury, I can tell already, because they're two of the people I like early on.

This felt like the worst HOH to win. You know you're not being nominated, you don't get to choose who goes on the block, but you're still getting blood on your hands by not choosing to save 2 people.

Last edited by Majingir; 08-06-2023 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-08-2023, 01:56 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

I loved when Cirie gave Jared some game advice "don't say 'we'll talk later' when I'm around, they'll pick up on that" great advice, he got too comfortable in a moment and she gave him quick reminder to never get comfortable and always be aware of your words/actions
Old 08-09-2023, 09:16 PM   #8

Majingir's Arena

So if an alliance names themselves something Julie can't say on TV, can Julie say it on TV?

The BBB alliance I don't think will be good or notable, but I just want to see Julie acknowledge them on TV just to hear it on live tv.

I'm 100% jinxing it, and it's only week 1 aka the "honeymoon week", but I'm liking the cast so far. Feels way more like a mix of a BBCan and US cast.

Edit- Not even an hour into this post and I already did it!? Just read some stuff that went on today...let's just say this episode felt rushed at the end for a reason. Veto was probably gonna be shown tomorrow but they'll now need to show more things tomorrow instead.

Last edited by Majingir; 08-09-2023 at 10:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »