Home

Shorts Color Patch Coming | Explain to Me Like I'm 5

This is a discussion on Shorts Color Patch Coming | Explain to Me Like I'm 5 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2024, 06:56 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Shorts Color Patch Coming | Explain to Me Like I'm 5

How it pisses me off 😡 to see that they put colored pants for all the fighters but not for the CAFS, because EA has always been so careless about the issue of the edition of this game, even the CAFS should have more than one slot to be able to change in uniform, but none of this happens
Old 01-12-2024, 08:25 PM   #10
MVP

Bro do you even like mma?

You were holding off buying this game cause of something minor like shorts color?

I mean the fact they added transition based subs, sim mode, fedor, Ali, Tyson, etc wasn’t enough but adding shorts color is make or break for you?
Old 01-13-2024, 10:57 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala

You were holding off buying this game cause of something minor like shorts color?

I mean the fact they added transition based subs, sim mode, fedor, Ali, Tyson, etc wasn’t enough but adding shorts color is make or break for you?
Yes because once they have my money what incentive do they have to do it? If they'd JUST added shorts colors it wouldn't have been enough either so good on them for adding the other stuff.

1) I can still play other video games and I only have so many hours in the day.

2) I can actually watch MMA all day long everyday to get my fix if I want.

I love the gameplay editions. But my favorite part of video games is immersion. If I'm already out of it by the time we get in the cage/on the field, it feels like an empty, shallow experience and I rather just go re-watch old fights instead.

Weird. But it's my money. I'll do what I want with it.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2024, 11:53 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:

Sim mode was technically already in, and Tyson and Ali too. So if you're wondering whether the addition of Fedor is not enough to buy the game?

No, it's not.

The transition-based subs are nicer for sure, but I want the authentic UFC experience. Without the actual gear, we're not getting that.

Anyhow: career mode is still untouched by the short colours. You're still fighting a black shorts fighter when champion. The daily fights STILL feature the supposed "champ" in the wrong shorts. Is that so much to ask?
Old 01-13-2024, 07:45 PM   #13
MVP

I can respect sticking it to ea but are short colors really the hill to die on?

Exactly my point on immersion tbs and sim mode do way more for any immersion then if Poirier has red shorts on. I honestly don’t get it.

You guys tolerated a big fat immersion breaking mini game in the middle of the screen for 4 ufc games but you’re taking a stand for color shorts? Seems rather pointless.

And no technically we didn’t have sim mode or Ali. And Tyson was 3 ufc games ago when we had body 12121212 galore.

I would get it if you guys were boycotting for UFC 5 on PC or something, that actually makes sense.
Old 01-13-2024, 09:43 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
I can respect sticking it to ea but are short colors really the hill to die on?

Exactly my point on immersion tbs and sim mode do way more for any immersion then if Poirier has red shorts on. I honestly don’t get it.

You guys tolerated a big fat immersion breaking mini game in the middle of the screen for 4 ufc games but you’re taking a stand for color shorts? Seems rather pointless.

And no technically we didn’t have sim mode or Ali. And Tyson was 3 ufc games ago when we had body 12121212 galore.

I would get it if you guys were boycotting for UFC 5 on PC or something, that actually makes sense.
I wanted more fighters. I waited until they'd announced what their plans were (DLC schedule and alter egos).

I wanted more immersion. They added things like "co-main event" to presentation (nice touch).

I wanted the ability to make champions the champion in my universe mode. They added it back (and then some with the ability to select ALL short colors).

I didn't want to pay for a game that I knew would have gameplay changes but keeps taking away things we'd had before.

I wanted to feel like I got an improvement. The gameplay adds were good. Getting line of sight on fighter updates was good. Listening to consumer feedback has been good thus far.

Wasn't just the shorts colors. And now I feel like they've earned my money.

Old 01-13-2024, 11:15 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
I wanted more fighters. I waited until they'd announced what their plans were (DLC schedule and alter egos).

I wanted more immersion. They added things like "co-main event" to presentation (nice touch).

I wanted the ability to make champions the champion in my universe mode. They added it back (and then some with the ability to select ALL short colors).

I didn't want to pay for a game that I knew would have gameplay changes but keeps taking away things we'd had before.

I wanted to feel like I got an improvement. The gameplay adds were good. Getting line of sight on fighter updates was good. Listening to consumer feedback has been good thus far.

Wasn't just the shorts colors. And now I feel like they've earned my money.

Ok bro fair enough.

It’s just I guarantee they’re gonna do the same thing for ufc 6, they’ll probably remove even more. For example they may remove **** ton of cookie cutter fighters in favor of less but more unique fighters seeing how that’s unanimously the #1 complaint amongst fans this time.

You’re gonna be going through the same every time with this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2024, 09:30 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Ok bro fair enough.

It’s just I guarantee they’re gonna do the same thing for ufc 6, they’ll probably remove even more. For example they may remove **** ton of cookie cutter fighters in favor of less but more unique fighters seeing how that’s unanimously the #1 complaint amongst fans this time.

You’re gonna be going through the same every time with this.
No doubt. I'll spend the money when it's got everything I want. Up to them if that's at launch or not. They aren't the only game in town.

If they keep removing stuff and being cheap, I won't buy the game. Ever, if need be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »