Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Universe Mode

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Universe Mode within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2024, 12:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA Sports UFC 5 Universe Mode

Hi, everyone!

You might have seen another thread that I posted which included a slider set that I developed specifically for simulation AI vs AI gameplay in UFC 5, as well as information and suggestions on the in-game AI styles. Here is a link to that thread in case you haven’t come across it yet.

Wombat's UFC 5 Simulation AI vs AI Sliders and AI Styles

My main motivation for developing that slider set was because I wanted to see realistic fights and outcomes in my UFC 5 “Universe Mode”. After several discussions on that thread, it seems like there are other players that have a desire to run a universe mode on UFC 5 too. Unfortunately, since this mode isn’t built into the game, it makes keeping track of events, fight outcomes, fighter records, and other stats a tedious process. I have developed a universe mode tracking Excel workbook in hopes of making the process of setting up and running a universe in this game easier and more enjoyable.

This Excel workbook includes 6 spreadsheets to help with the tracking of the universe. The sheets include; Fighter Roster & Stats, Event Schedule, Event Tracker, a Matchmaking tool, a CAF Generator, and a data sheet. Each of these sheets serve as a way to track and add immersion to the universe.

The roster & stats tab provides an accessible overview of the roster and each fighters in-game ratings, fighting style, win/loss record, previous and next fight info, and even a career longevity meter. The event schedule and tracker tabs allow you to book events and fights for those events. The matchmaking tool aids in finding competitive matchups for your events by taking into account several factors to make fighter comparisons. The CAF Generator generates CAF formulas with the click of a button. It will generate the fighters style, general information, and appearance including hair style, hair color, specific tattoos and location, and even shorts type. This tool will even generate values to produce realistic facial sculpting. With the click of a button, the fighter details can be copied over to the data sheet tab which is the sheet that includes the fighter data for all fighters in the universe.

The fighter roster & stats, Matchmaking tool, and CAF generator are all automated and don’t require any manual data entry. The event schedule, event tracker, and data sheet will require some data entry and editing as your universe mode progresses. Basically, the manual entry includes scheduling events on the event schedule sheet, booking fights for events on the event tracker sheet, and manually updating fighters records and rankings on the data sheet. I have also implemented an optional auto ranking system that can be used. You can select between the manual or auto ranking system on the Fighter Roster & Stats sheet, and on the Matchmaking tool sheet. The auto system doesn’t require manual updates of the fighter rankings, but uses a formula to automatically calculate fighter rankings based on several factors. The auto ranking system doesn’t guarantee that the rankings will be entirely realistic or represent true to life rankings, but it does take away the hassle of constantly updating the rankings manually. A more in depth overview of each sheet and instructions on how to work with them are included in the first tab (Overview and Instructions) of the workbook.

Attached is a .zip file to access the workbook. This is a macro-enabled workbook (.xlsm), so you may be prompted to enable or disable macros upon opening the file. The macros are for the buttons on the CAF Generator sheet, so that the CAF generations can be refreshed and the fighter details can be copied over to the data sheet. If you do not plan to use the CAF Generator sheet, the macros can be disabled.

*Note, that this workbook includes fighter win/loss records and rankings as of UFC Fight Night: Hermansson vs Pyfer. Future events and fights that have been announced as of 2/11/2024 are included as well.

Regardless of if you end up using this tool to track your universe or not, I would like this thread to serve as a place to share anything related to your UFC 5 universe. Feel free to share anything from fight cards, results, rankings, pictures, highlights, event posters, CAF’s from your universe, storylines, or anything else that pertains to your universe. I would like to hear about it all! I will be posting updates regularly from my universe as well.

Also, if you do decide to use this tool to track your universe and have any questions about it, just let me know and I will be happy to answer.

I look forward to hearing about your universe!
Attached Files
File Type: zip UFC 5 Universe Mode Tracker by wombatsportz (2.12.24).zip (774.3 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by wombatsportz; 02-12-2024 at 10:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2024, 12:22 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Universe Mode

Check out these informational images for tabs within the workbook!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UFC5-UMT-ROSTER&STATS.jpg (228.8 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg UFC5-UMT-EVENTSCHEDULE.jpg (191.9 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg UFC5-UMT-EVENTTRACKER.jpg (224.4 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg UFC5-UMT-MATCHMAKINGTOOL.jpg (220.0 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg UFC5-UMT-CAFGENERATOR.jpg (235.8 KB, 194 views)
Old 01-04-2024, 01:12 AM   #3
Rookie

The first event of my universe is a Fight Night card featuring the following bouts;

Main Event: Magomed Ankalaev (1) vs Johnny Walker (7)
Co-Main: Ketlen Viera (1) vs Miesha Tate (2)
Rustam Khabilov (8) vs Jim Miller (9)
Andrei Arlovski (9) vs Walt Harris (12)

I kept the same main event as the actual event taking place on the 13th, and kept fighters that are actually fighting as well. Viera, Miller, and Arlovski's actual opponents aren't in UFC 5, so I replaced them with matchups that I felt were appropriate based on their rank in my universe.

I'm planning on doing 4 fights for Fight Night Cards, and 6 fights for PPV cards. I will try to keep the events coinciding with the actual real life cards in the beginning and then start booking fights based on results and rankings that make the most sense at that point in the universe. I'm thinking that point will come around UFC 300 in my universe.

Also, I'm going to be using the auto ranking system in my universe. I think it makes things a bit more interesting, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UFC-5-Ankalaev-vs-Walker-2-Poster.jpg (162.5 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg UFC-5-Ankalaev-vs-Walker-Fight-Card.jpg (174.2 KB, 169 views)
Old 01-04-2024, 03:39 PM   #4
Pro

This stuff looks great! Are the excel sheets locked? I can’t seem to switch to any of them
Old 01-04-2024, 04:32 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
This stuff looks great! Are the excel sheets locked? I can’t seem to switch to any of them
Thanks, man!

The Overview & Instructions, Fighter Roster & Stats, Matchmaking tool, and CAF Generator sheets are protected just so that none of the formulas are accidentally edited and throw off the calculations. You should still be able to select all of the sheets and work with the unlocked cells within them.

Are you not able to select any of the sheets at the bottom of the workbook?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2024, 02:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Wanted to share something I was using for UFC 3 that a coworker created. This just needs to be updated with the roster for UFC 5.

This has an events section that automatically updates fighter records in the master tab, which is used for automated P4P rankings. Full instructions are in the spreadsheet.

Also has a simple manual ranking system that makes a lot of sense in my opinion. The automated rankings make no sense sometimes, like when a fighter beats another, yet doesn't move higher in the rankings than the guy he just beat!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...f=true&sd=true
Old 01-08-2024, 11:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatsportz
The first event of my universe is a Fight Night card featuring the following bouts;

Main Event: Magomed Ankalaev (1) vs Johnny Walker (7)
Co-Main: Ketlen Viera (1) vs Miesha Tate (2)
Rustam Khabilov (8) vs Jim Miller (9)
Andrei Arlovski (9) vs Walt Harris (12)

I kept the same main event as the actual event taking place on the 13th, and kept fighters that are actually fighting as well. Viera, Miller, and Arlovski's actual opponents aren't in UFC 5, so I replaced them with matchups that I felt were appropriate based on their rank in my universe.

I'm planning on doing 4 fights for Fight Night Cards, and 6 fights for PPV cards. I will try to keep the events coinciding with the actual real life cards in the beginning and then start booking fights based on results and rankings that make the most sense at that point in the universe. I'm thinking that point will come around UFC 300 in my universe.

Also, I'm going to be using the auto ranking system in my universe. I think it makes things a bit more interesting, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out!
RESULTS

- Walt Harris defeats Andrei Arlovski by KO at 3:05 of Round 2.

- Rustam Khabilov defeats Jim Miller by decision.

- Ketlen Viera defeats Miesha Tate by decision.

- Johnny Walker defeats Magomed Ankalaev by KO at 3:20 of Round 2; POTN & FOTN

RANKING CHANGES

- Walt Harris moves up to 11 from 12 in the heavyweight division. Andrei Arlovski retires due to negative longevity.

- Rustam Khabilov moves up to 7 from 8 in the lightweight division. Jim Miller retires due to negative longevity.

- Ketlen Viera maintains her number 1 ranking in the Women's Bantamweight division. Miesha Tate moves down to 6 from 2 after the loss.

- Johnny Walker moves up to 4 from 7 in the light heavyweight division. Magomed Ankalaev moves down to 7 from 1 after the loss.

I'm using the auto rank system in my spreadsheet, so these ranking changes were determined automatically after fighter records were updated and I think the changes worked out well!

Up next in my universe is UFC 297. Check out the card below!

Main Event - UFC Middleweight Championship Bout: Sean Strickland (C) vs Dricus Du Plessis (1)
Co-Main - Bantamweight (W) Bout: Raquel Pennington (2) vs Holly Holm (3)
Welterweight Bout: Neil Magny (10) vs Vincent Luque (11)
Light Heavyweight Bout: Nikita Krylov (2) vs Jan Blachowicz (3)
Featherweight Bout: Arnold Allen (4) vs Darren Elkins (5)
Light Heavyweight Bout: Dominick Reyes (13) vs Misha Cirkunov (14)
Old 01-08-2024, 11:54 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrasslin_man_314
Wanted to share something I was using for UFC 3 that a coworker created. This just needs to be updated with the roster for UFC 5.

This has an events section that automatically updates fighter records in the master tab, which is used for automated P4P rankings. Full instructions are in the spreadsheet.

Also has a simple manual ranking system that makes a lot of sense in my opinion. The automated rankings make no sense sometimes, like when a fighter beats another, yet doesn't move higher in the rankings than the guy he just beat!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...f=true&sd=true
Awesome!! Thanks for sharing, man.

I really like how the fighter record updates automatically after inputting the winner and loser on the events section. That is a cool feature!

My workbook has the option to choose an automated ranking system as well. Like you said sometimes the rankings don't make sense, but I think it makes things fun. I just played my first card and had a few ranking changes that I was happy with.

For example, Johnny Walker defeated Magomed Ankalaev. Walker was ranked 7th in LHW before the fight and Ankalaev was ranked 1st. Walked moved up to 4 with the win and Ankalaev dropped down to 7. I thought those ranking changes were appropriate. Ankalaev was also ranked in P4P and with the loss he dropped out of the P4P rankings.

Thanks again for sharing your Universe doc, man! It's cool to see how other people have been tracking their universe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »