Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Universe Mode

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Universe Mode within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2024, 03:02 PM   #17
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Universe Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatsportz
On the workbook that I uploaded, Jon Jones and Tom Aspinall are listed as Champions (C) in the Heavyweight division. The C has to be assigned manually, even on the auto ranking system. Did you happen to remove the C ranking from Jones? If so, there is most likely no formula calculating Jones ranking after the C was removed. You will need to drag the formula to Jones rank cell on the data sheet from a fighter that does have a rank formula in their rank cell. You can do this by dragging the bottom right corner from the cell above or below him in column H. Also, you can copy this formula below and paste it into Jones rank cell assuming he is still located on row 116 in the data sheet and you haven’t moved any columns around;

=IF(AND(O116="Active", COUNTIFS($D$2:$D$1057, D116, $J$2:$J$1057, ">" & J116)+1 > 15), "NR", IF(O116="Active", COUNTIFS($D$2:$D$1057, D116, $J$2:$J$1057, ">" & J116)+1, "NR"))

There is some numerical rankings that are skipped because the manual champion ranking is also taken into account here. For example, in Middleweight Du Plessis is rank 1, Chimaev is 2, 3 is skipped, and Andesanya is 4. Strickland has the manual C rank assigned, but his "Rank Sum" would have him ranked as 3. If you dragged a rank formula into his rank cell, his rank would change to 3. I couldn’t get the formula to work out quite right with trying to exclude champions from the rankings, so most of the weight classes will probably have one numerical rank that is skipped.
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. I have only one doubt: why do some fighters have "NR", without being champions? For example, Tony Ferguson has "NR" in the auto rank, despite being active and not being champion.
Old 01-16-2024, 03:13 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libereco
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. I have only one doubt: why do some fighters have "NR", without being champions? For example, Tony Ferguson has "NR" in the auto rank, despite being active and not being champion.
No problem!

It’s because he is ranked outside of the top 15 in his weight class. The auto ranking is ultimately determined by the “Rank Sum” value in column J on the data sheet. The 15 fighters in each weight class with the highest Rank Sum will be ranked. Any fighter that has a rank sum that falls out of the top 15 highest values will be labeled as not ranked “NR”. If a NR fighter goes on a win streak eventually they will get ranked as their rank sum increases.

The actual UFC only ranks the top 15 fighters in each weight class, so I have followed that format also.
Old 01-16-2024, 03:29 PM   #19
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatsportz
No problem!

It’s because he is ranked outside of the top 15 in his weight class. The auto ranking is ultimately determined by the “Rank Sum” value in column J on the data sheet. The 15 fighters in each weight class with the highest Rank Sum will be ranked. Any fighter that has a rank sum that falls out of the top 15 highest values will be labeled as not ranked “NR”. If a NR fighter goes on a win streak eventually they will get ranked as their rank sum increases.

The actual UFC only ranks the top 15 fighters in each weight class, so I have followed that format also.
Great! Got it. The only problem is that in "Matchmaking tool" it is not clear who is the champion of each category, as it appears in gray along with the rest of the unranked fighters because they are out of the top 15. It would be ideal if it came out as 'C' or distinguished from the others.
Old 01-16-2024, 03:40 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libereco
Great! Got it. The only problem is that in "Matchmaking tool" it is not clear who is the champion of each category, as it appears in gray along with the rest of the unranked fighters because they are out of the top 15. It would be ideal if it came out as 'C' or distinguished from the others.
Yeah, I agree!

That’s another thing I couldn’t get working quite right. I might try to work with it again in the future, but for now the champion will need to be identified on another tab and then work with the matchmaking tool from there. The matchup comparison will display the “C” ranking for the champion there.
Old 01-17-2024, 11:34 PM   #21
Rookie

I just updated the Excel Workbook in my initial post. The new workbook has the 5 new fighters that were added in the 1/12/2024 update, as well as results from the Ankalaev vs Walker Fight Night with updated fighter records and rankings. I have also added newly announced fights and events since the last time the file was uploaded.

I'm not going to be updating the document after every UFC event, but I went ahead and did it this time while I was adding the new fighters.

Enjoy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2024, 04:32 AM   #22
Just started!

i use automatic sorting. although I have changed the data on the datasheet, the rankings in the matchmaking tool section do not change. automatic and manual do not matter. What is the reason for this, where did I do wrong? the ranking and winning streak remain the same. my second question is, when the belt changes hands, will there be data corruption if I give the "c" job on the champion to the winner with my own hand?
Old 02-02-2024, 01:11 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by barisfitness
i use automatic sorting. although I have changed the data on the datasheet, the rankings in the matchmaking tool section do not change. automatic and manual do not matter. What is the reason for this, where did I do wrong? the ranking and winning streak remain the same. my second question is, when the belt changes hands, will there be data corruption if I give the "c" job on the champion to the winner with my own hand?
I have the matchmaking tool sheet protected by default. To update the matchmaking tool to reflect changes on the data sheet, you will need to unprotect the sheet and then refresh the data. You can do this by selecting the review tab on the Excel ribbon and then selecting the "unprotect sheet" button. After you have done that, select the data tab on the ribbon and click the "refresh all" button. This will update the data in the pivot table to reflect changes that have occurred on the data sheet.

To answer your second questions, there will be no data corruption or anything that is unfixable when you manually assigned the "C" ranking to the new champion. However, you will have to apply the auto rank formula to the previous champions rank cell to get the auto rank to populate for them again. You can do this by selecting the auto rank cell of a fighter in a row above or below the previous champion, and then click the bottom right corner of the cell and drag the formula down/up to the previous champions auto rank cell to apply the formula to them also.

I hope this helps!
Old 02-12-2024, 10:57 PM   #24
Rookie

Just updated the workbook to include the three new fighters added with the 2/9/2024 update. I also updated fighter records, event results, and announced fights as of the Hermansson vs Pyfer fight night this past weekend.

Enjoy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »