Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Universe Mode

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Universe Mode within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2024, 09:35 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Universe Mode

Great stuff!!!
Old 01-09-2024, 11:33 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahking
Great stuff!!!
Thanks, man! I appreciate it!
Old 01-15-2024, 02:54 PM   #11
Just started!

Great stuff! Thank you very much for your work.

I have a question: why do some fighters have the ranking "NR"? How can I make it so that I can assign a ranking to them? For example, Jon Jones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2024, 09:59 PM   #12
MVP

Looks pretty solid. However, I dont quite understand what’s going on here. Is this something modded into the game? How is it generating pictures / assets from the game?
Old 01-16-2024, 10:59 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libereco
Great stuff! Thank you very much for your work.

I have a question: why do some fighters have the ranking "NR"? How can I make it so that I can assign a ranking to them? For example, Jon Jones.
Thank you! I appreciate it.

The “NR” represents fighters that aren’t ranked in their weight class. Any fighter ranked outside of the top 15 in their weight class at the time of making this workbook was assigned “NR”. When using the manual ranking system you can change the rankings manually on the Data Sheet tab of the workbook in column H. There are also filter buttons at the top of each column heading cell so you can filter by weight class in column D to work with the rankings in each weight class easier. Once you change the ranking for the fighter on the data sheet, it will automatically update for them on the Fighter Roster & Stats tab. This is the same for the P4P rankings (column I on the data sheet). Only the top 15 P4P male and female fighters will have a P4P ranking.

If you use the auto ranking system, you won’t need to manually update rankings. The ranking will be automatically calculated after the fighters win/loss record is updated on the data sheet. The automatic ranking is determined based on several factors; wins, losses, streak, and win percentage. The ranking won’t always be realistic, but it works out pretty well and takes away the hassle of manually keeping track of rankings. I’m using the auto ranking in my universe and have been happy with how it has worked out so far.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Old 01-16-2024, 11:13 AM   #14
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatsportz
Thank you! I appreciate it.

The “NR” represents fighters that aren’t ranked in their weight class. Any fighter ranked outside of the top 15 in their weight class at the time of making this workbook was assigned “NR”. When using the manual ranking system you can change the rankings manually on the Data Sheet tab of the workbook in column H. There are also filter buttons at the top of each column heading cell so you can filter by weight class in column D to work with the rankings in each weight class easier. Once you change the ranking for the fighter on the data sheet, it will automatically update for them on the Fighter Roster & Stats tab. This is the same for the P4P rankings (column I on the data sheet). Only the top 15 P4P male and female fighters will have a P4P ranking.

If you use the auto ranking system, you won’t need to manually update rankings. The ranking will be automatically calculated after the fighters win/loss record is updated on the data sheet. The automatic ranking is determined based on several factors; wins, losses, streak, and win percentage. The ranking won’t always be realistic, but it works out pretty well and takes away the hassle of manually keeping track of rankings. I’m using the auto ranking in my universe and have been happy with how it has worked out so far.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
I use the automatic system. But, for example, Jon Jones. It shows "NR", and even if I update the W-Ls it still shows "NR". How can I make it so that it does consider Jon Jones in the ranking?

On the other hand, in the automatic ranking, I see that it does not evaluate from 1 to 15. Sometimes it assigns 1, 2, 3, skips 4 or 5, for example. Why does it happen?
Old 01-16-2024, 11:22 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Looks pretty solid. However, I dont quite understand what’s going on here. Is this something modded into the game? How is it generating pictures / assets from the game?
Thanks!

There isn’t any modding or anything involved with this. This is just an Excel workbook to help players keep track of their “Universe” in UFC 5. The workbook doesn’t contain any in-game assets. The informational graphics that I posted were made by me just showing screenshot snippets from tabs within the document. The CAF Generator image does include screenshots from CAFs that were made on UFC 5, but those were just examples of CAFs that I made on the game with a formula produced by the CAF Generator tab from the document.

Hopefully in a future game we get an actual universe type mode that doesn’t require a separate document to track important stats and information!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2024, 12:34 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libereco
I use the automatic system. But, for example, Jon Jones. It shows "NR", and even if I update the W-Ls it still shows "NR". How can I make it so that it does consider Jon Jones in the ranking?

On the other hand, in the automatic ranking, I see that it does not evaluate from 1 to 15. Sometimes it assigns 1, 2, 3, skips 4 or 5, for example. Why does it happen?
On the workbook that I uploaded, Jon Jones and Tom Aspinall are listed as Champions (C) in the Heavyweight division. The C has to be assigned manually, even on the auto ranking system. Did you happen to remove the C ranking from Jones? If so, there is most likely no formula calculating Jones ranking after the C was removed. You will need to drag the formula to Jones rank cell on the data sheet from a fighter that does have a rank formula in their rank cell. You can do this by dragging the bottom right corner from the cell above or below him in column H. Also, you can copy this formula below and paste it into Jones rank cell assuming he is still located on row 116 in the data sheet and you haven’t moved any columns around;

=IF(AND(O116="Active", COUNTIFS($D$2:$D$1057, D116, $J$2:$J$1057, ">" & J116)+1 > 15), "NR", IF(O116="Active", COUNTIFS($D$2:$D$1057, D116, $J$2:$J$1057, ">" & J116)+1, "NR"))

There is some numerical rankings that are skipped because the manual champion ranking is also taken into account here. For example, in Middleweight Du Plessis is rank 1, Chimaev is 2, 3 is skipped, and Andesanya is 4. Strickland has the manual C rank assigned, but his "Rank Sum" would have him ranked as 3. If you dragged a rank formula into his rank cell, his rank would change to 3. I couldn’t get the formula to work out quite right with trying to exclude champions from the rankings, so most of the weight classes will probably have one numerical rank that is skipped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »