Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Full Reveal Coming in September

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Full Reveal Coming in September within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-14-2023, 12:25 AM   #33
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC 5 Full Reveal Sept 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggelosP
Really excited to see the next entry in the series. Curious tho, what is your opinion as a gamechanger on UFC 4? How did you like the then new clinch, takedowns and GnP ? Did striking feel better to you than UFC 3?
I didnt love it but my expectations arent as high as the typical OSer anymore.

Right before release of UFC 4, Hayes did a showcase for us regarding the changes that were coming for UFC 4 and it was eye opening because it showed what EA was prioritizing and why there were prioritizing what they were. After that, I stopped obsessing over the game.

Its likely never going to be the hardcore sim that I want. They likely wont add all of the modes I want. They wont likely prioritize all the things I want. Taking that approach made it easier for me to enjoy UFC 4.

I didnt like the changes to the clinch. I didnt like the GNP (its a decent first effort). I didnt think the striking was better than 3.

With that said, I still play the game accepting it for what it is.
Old 07-14-2023, 07:50 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Full Reveal Coming in September

Honestly, we were lucky that the person responsible for the gameplay was a maniac and kept optimising everything to the point that I'm not even certain UFC5 is going to be as good as 3 was. The only thing I liked more about 4 was the career mode. Customization was both better (for CaF's) and worse (for main roster as you couldn't even select tights colours).

So like you I'm just lowering my expectations in order to get through the summer without hyping the game and ending up disappointed.
Old 07-14-2023, 08:47 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

Right before release of UFC 4, Hayes did a showcase for us regarding the changes that were coming for UFC 4 and it was eye opening because it showed what EA was prioritizing and why there were prioritizing what they were. After that, I stopped obsessing over the game.

Its likely never going to be the hardcore sim that I want. They likely wont add all of the modes I want. They wont likely prioritize all the things I want. Taking that approach made it easier for me to enjoy UFC 4.

I didnt like the changes to the clinch. I didnt like the GNP (its a decent first effort). I didnt think the striking was better than 3.

The only things I'm even moderately hoping for are increased CAF slots and better customization (although I do really like templates as a starting point. Just want more and the ability to edit individual stats).

Plus, I'd love it if you could select champion shorts for each fight like you could for 3. That was a nice touch of immersion for the offline universe.

Other than, that I've learned to expect very little, and I enjoy the fighter additions.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2023, 08:52 AM   #36
MVP

Oh, and the ability to skip fighter walkouts during event mode (individually too. Like skip blue corner walkout but not red corner) BUT NOT skip the intros in the ring because it's all tied together.

Plus don't make us back out of event mode and back in just to see everything.

Old 07-14-2023, 05:50 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

I'd say I was mostly dissapointed , because end-cycle UFC 3 was really good.
My main issues with the striking is the more-than-generous stamina , and the range reduction of hooks/uppercuts that completely and subtly changed the meta.
I liked how free the clinch felt, but quickly came to realize that it's unfinished. All the clinch transitions are undeniable (including the attempt) , and only 2 positions for cage clinch , double under is missing etc. It pretty much has no skill involved and it's like they were asking for it to be abused.
GnP may not be that good , but it atleast solved 2 major issues. The ability to defend after a knockdown and a change to the ground game meta which was to deny everything in side control and spam elbows for the win.
Old 07-19-2023, 02:39 AM   #38
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Please give me Prime Big Nog
Old 07-20-2023, 10:09 AM   #39
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRizzzle
There is a reason it's free.

Also, exactly. Some of us do play those offline modes quite regularly. So it's quite nice to get it. We're usually the last ones thought of on the "what should we do" list, so it makes sense that ours are the last gasps of support in between games.

Agreed. I appreciated all the new fighter models that dropped. I play offline 99.9% and I have a really fun "universe" method I created in an excel workbook. With only 22 CAF slots I had to created multiple PS5 profiles to build up a nice chunky roster. I'm sitting on something like 220 CAFs, so with every new fighter drop...I can can delete those duplicate licensed/CAFs and make room for more, so my roster keeps expanding.

I just have my fingers crossed that we get a few things: 1) A healthy amount of caf slots on par with other EA titles. 2) A serviceable clinch game. They took about 5 steps backwards from 3 in regards to the clinch...it broke the game for me. 3) Full editing and customization ability with our cafs. Archetypes are great to get a CAF up and running quick, leave that option in. But for the love of God please let me pick my own techniques and stats for offline play....cafs were awful in 4.
Old 07-21-2023, 12:10 PM   #40
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Please give me Prime Big Nog
lol. still as obsessed as ever. good to see haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »