Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Full Reveal Coming in September

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Full Reveal Coming in September within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-08-2023, 07:09 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Full Reveal Coming in September

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
Pretty boring way to confirm the game is coming. But oh well, we'll see when it gets here I guess.

At least it lowers the speculation about will it be this year or the next. I'd say a release this year is more likely now, though it might still be april next year as originally thought.

They could've announced the platforms by now, though. People want to play it on PC.
Old 07-08-2023, 08:23 PM   #10
MVP

Re: UFC 5 Full Reveal Sept 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I would regularly chuckle at the posts saying "They keep updating UFC 4 so UFC 5 isnt coming out until 2024 at the latest."

Dont read anything into this post but I'm excited for yall to finally see what they have been working on.
I liked getting new fighters.

More importantly, I liked that I cuts down SOME of the catch-up issues they experience with roster turnover by not stopping for 12 months mid-cycle.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2023, 08:29 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
I chuckle at them for different reasons. An "update" should be more than just a facesculpt, which is exactly what characters are. Apart from that there's literaly no difference between the content already in-game. For me it's only there for immersion when playing career or a tournament.
So many people make a big deal out of this. For them, it's very cheap kudos. It's almost like devs should be rewarded for shipping the game with few fighters per weight, and then add them for free later. But then again, they could also do nothing at all, which is way worse obviously. And the fighters in question weren't that big yet on release time.

Also saw the ad. I guess the end of the year suddenly becomes an option for the release. It's good that they official show the game is still being acknowledged.
There is a reason it's free.

Also, exactly. Some of us do play those offline modes quite regularly. So it's quite nice to get it. We're usually the last ones thought of on the "what should we do" list, so it makes sense that ours are the last gasps of support in between games.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2023, 01:24 AM   #12
Rookie

JeffertonAlive's Arena

Question Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Full Reveal Coming in September

I heard last year sometime that this game they'll be working with a new engine.
Get ready to heavily speculate these next couple of months

Last edited by JeffertonAlive; 07-12-2023 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old 07-09-2023, 02:20 AM   #13
MVP

the game has been released in 2 months after the first reveal. so, it will be released in nov or dec.
Old 07-09-2023, 04:26 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffertonAlive
I heard last year sometime that this game they'll be working with a new engine.
Get ready to heavily speculation these next couple of months
EA Sports Ignite is likely an outdated engine by now. FIFA was the first to abandon Ignite and switch to the Frostbite engine starting with FIFA 17 in 2016. Then came NFL 18 in 2017, followed by NHL 22 in 2021. UFC can no longer afford to fall behind; it's time to move to Frostbite 3.

The lifespan of EA Sports Ignite should have ended from 2013 to 2020.
Old 07-09-2023, 07:37 AM   #15
MVP

Re: UFC 5 Full Reveal Sept 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I would regularly chuckle at the posts saying "They keep updating UFC 4 so UFC 5 isnt coming out until 2024 at the latest."

Dont read anything into this post but I'm excited for yall to finally see what they have been working on.

Saw the announcement and got OS boards flashbacks, thought I'd come say hi. Good to see you around, Alberto, how have things been around here? Any significant discourse? I hopped on like a year ago and there was nobody, I even think I saw that Philyboi was banned, how come? It's been a minute, huh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2023, 12:22 PM   #16
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman316
At least it lowers the speculation about will it be this year or the next. I'd say a release this year is more likely now, though it might still be april next year as originally thought.

They could've announced the platforms by now, though. People want to play it on PC.
I dont know the date yet but its rare for EA to release specific game features and wait 6 mos for a release. Its usually no more than 3 months. I have no idea when the game will release by my money is on November/early December.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »