Home

The TrueSim Roster Project: NHL 24 (Powered by NHL Edge)

This is a discussion on The TrueSim Roster Project: NHL 24 (Powered by NHL Edge) within the EA Sports NHL Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-04-2024, 03:35 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: The TrueSim Roster Project: NHL 24 (Powered by NHL Edge)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2110071475

I made some tweaks, let me know what you think
Nice video, I saw some good things and bad things lol:

good things:
- I saw that players were able to make dampening pass not only in the air but also on the ice in this video but also dampening pass without any opponents in front of them.
- I saw during a run players taking shots immediatly after getting through the offensive line.

bad things:
- I noticed a small update of the speed maybe due to gamespeed at 1? or because agility was a little bit increased that we can see on some animations of the players
- the pace of the game is not calm enough, they always run in the net instead of building up an offensive to the net by passing a lot, especially to D-men.

maybe you also changed something about backskating or the minimum pass speed. I really don't know lol... So tell me please what tweaks you did

Last edited by archanax; 04-04-2024 at 03:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2024, 07:38 AM   #66
Pro

oh crap, I forgot to write something about backskating. In fact, tripping fouls are more frequent with a backskating value of 0-50. If we go higher (e.g. 60 or 75), there are less tripping fouls.

It's like when backskating is at a low value, players get excited in order to catch the puck carrier (bause they are too slow) and commit more fouls.
Old 04-04-2024, 09:47 AM   #67
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
Nice video, I saw some good things and bad things lol:

good things:
- I saw that players were able to make dampening pass not only in the air but also on the ice in this video but also dampening pass without any opponents in front of them.
- I saw during a run players taking shots immediatly after getting through the offensive line.

bad things:
- I noticed a small update of the speed maybe due to gamespeed at 1? or because agility was a little bit increased that we can see on some animations of the players
- the pace of the game is not calm enough, they always run in the net instead of building up an offensive to the net by passing a lot, especially to D-men.

maybe you also changed something about backskating or the minimum pass speed. I really don't know lol... So tell me please what tweaks you did
Thanks, this is helpful! Here is what I changed and my thoughts:

First, I plugged in your values exactly. I felt like the pace was too slow compared to the real NHL. I was going back and forth between some NHL games and the CPUvCPU game I had running.

Let's look at this game for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYWVEAHDNzM&t=1750s

So, I increased game speed to 6 and increased acceleration to 50. Everything else is the same as what you shared. At game speed 0 with accel and agility at 0, it looked like nobody could skate. Players could barely setup in the offensive zone.

If we still think the pace is too fast, we can lower game speed. I felt like the gameplay I shared showed a good mix of rush play and situations where the offense would setup and cycle, but I'm not quite finished tweaking

EDIT: the video I shared didn't show enough of the cycling and such I did see after watching it again. Maybe I'll record more, but let me know your thoughts

Last edited by Cycloniac; 04-04-2024 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-04-2024, 04:18 PM   #68
Pro

Quote:
Thanks, this is helpful! Here is what I changed and my thoughts:

First, I plugged in your values exactly. I felt like the pace was too slow compared to the real NHL. I was going back and forth between some NHL games and the CPUvCPU game I had running.

Let's look at this game for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYWVEAHDNzM&t=1750s

So, I increased game speed to 6 and increased acceleration to 50. Everything else is the same as what you shared. At game speed 0 with accel and agility at 0, it looked like nobody could skate. Players could barely setup in the offensive zone.

If we still think the pace is too fast, we can lower game speed. I felt like the gameplay I shared showed a good mix of rush play and situations where the offense would setup and cycle, but I'm not quite finished tweaking

EDIT: the video I shared didn't show enough of the cycling and such I did see after watching it again. Maybe I'll record more, but let me know your thoughts
I just thought about a thing with what you wrote. You talked about nhl games and cpu vs cpu. By nhl games, you mean a tv match like the youtube video you shared? In this case, the pace is really slow and it would be cool to see players passing the puck like this. About cpu vs cpu, in fact, all my tests are user (offline) vs cpu and never cpu vs cpu because I noticed that user sliders have a real influence on cpu sliders.

It's not the first time it happens, it was already present for last year edition, nhl 20 and even before.

Maybe this is the reason why we didn't see the same thing ingame
Old 04-04-2024, 04:24 PM   #69
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
I just thought about a thing with what you wrote. You talked about nhl games and cpu vs cpu. By nhl games, you mean a tv match like the youtube video you shared? In this case, the pace is really slow and it would be cool to see players passing the puck like this. About cpu vs cpu, in fact, all my tests are user (offline) vs cpu and never cpu vs cpu because I noticed that user sliders have a real influence on cpu sliders.

It's not the first time it happens, it was already present for last year edition, nhl 20 and even before.

Maybe this is the reason why we didn't see the same thing ingame
Yes, I was comparing NHL games on TV to CPUvCPU play

That's why when I tried your settings, the pace seemed too slow

Old 04-04-2024, 05:21 PM   #70
Pro

Quote:
Yes, I was comparing NHL games on TV to CPUvCPU play

That's why when I tried your settings, the pace seemed too slow
ah ok

If you can try them then in play now once just for test please
Old 04-04-2024, 06:08 PM   #71
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
ah ok

If you can try them then in play now once just for test please
I only play coach mode or cpu V cpu

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2024, 04:28 PM   #72
Pro

Quote:
I only play coach mode or cpu V cpu
good to know lol

well, in any case, thanks to you because with some tweaks on your set, I get now my best experience on nhl since years

If you're ok, I'll be glad (and also to keep in memory for the future) to share in another topic or even on your page at the buttom of your first post to get then a set that works very well for user vs cpu

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »