Home

FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-23-2016, 10:00 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
I think i can definitely stomach the bursting, jogging, etc... To me itīs how the AI will play on offense (defense is ok).

This is the game breaker for me, about the rest... i think all games have their "nature" A.K.A "legacy problems" and honestly, to me, the bursting or jogging isnīt something that kills the game (offensive AI is).
FWIW, I have seen quite a bit of variety. In typical FIFA fashion though, it surprises you when it happens, and you can't wait till the CPU's next possession. Kind of feels like you're encouraging them, it's odd. I want to get away from that, so a deeper look into tactics needs to be done this year I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non Idoneo
There is a big problem, again, similar to last year but maybe worst because that happen when you make an acceleration. When you hold acceleration the defender don't opposed.

In this video (sorry for bad quality is not mine), you see that happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHk2vEeJwL4

This is happened also the first sperimental sliders of Matt10, at World Class and Legendary.
Yup, that's what I was talking about in the previous post, it's simply bursting.

The only thing I can think about is a discrepancy of acceleration and/or sprint speed. We'll just have to see how the tests go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleTex82
Yeah, gents I wish you the absolute best of luck in this valiant endeavour but I'm out this year. There is way too much of the same in this game to tempt me into going for another ride on the EA train. Feels just like 16 with pretty lighting effects. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, well... the way approaches this game reminds me of how big American beer companies approach their beer, they use big name celebrities, gimmicks like cans that change color when they're cold, new "cold brewing" technologies, anything to basically distract the consumers from the fact that the stuff that matters, the stuff in the can, is the same piss flavored swill they've been peddling for years. Amazing how strong brand loyalty and marketing can be.
Yup, agreed on all fronts.

For some reason it's FIFA and that is nostalgic to me. It's a different game/format and overall presentation than PES.

FIFA may be going a non-sim route, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't encourage ourselves to dip into the possibilities of making it our own.

Patch updates are the killer for me. Once something is figured out, another one drops, and bam - back to the drawing board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvertonianSteeler
Well its that time of the year again ..... Slidertime !!!

Nice to see some familiar names on here. I think I must be a bit weird because I am actually looking forward to the testing and the discussions and stuff in here almost as much as the game itself.

No pre access for me so it will be a watching brief for the first week but you can be sure I will be around to chuck an opinion or two in by this time next week .... especially if that too deep defensive line hasn't been sorted. Demo and videos seen look promising though.

Its good to be back ......
Welcome back, ES. Great to see you. Looking forward to your findings and thoughts. I too am looking forward to the game, and testing the capabilities.

I was telling reaper yesterday that I'm in a bit of a funk on testing right now. I think it's because this limited countdown makes me feel "rushed". I do not like it, lol. Every single replay I go into feels like time just ticking down.

I got 2 hours in last night, and I can say that this game will most likely work like 16 did. It has better positioning and less defensive disconnect, but it definitely needs some areas to be improved.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:26 PM   #34
Rookie

Non Idoneo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yup, that's what I was talking about in the previous post, it's simply bursting.

The only thing I can think about is a discrepancy of acceleration and/or sprint speed. We'll just have to see how the tests go there.
Every year the same problem in a different sauces, unbelievable.

I already tryed to increase acceleration to CPU and a little bit of marking but the problem is not resolved. The problem worst whit R3 to extend the run with ball.

Please man, keep us updated, this is a big problem. Thank you!
Old 09-23-2016, 02:12 PM   #35
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
Thanks for this Matt!

Well, we can now conclude that Fifa 17 is just like Fifa 16. Both games must be played with a high acceleration slider setting to make the game viable, meaning we have to stomach fast gameplay. How could people be pleased with this!?!
The speed and acceleration settings in the game must remain somewhere near default yes, so in that respect it's similar to 16, but that however is where the similarities end. 17 is much more of a stop/start game than 16 was. Every inch of space it seems is challenged, and with the new shielding mechanic, it's possible now to hold up play, which makes a huge difference in the ebb and flow of the match. Because of that, there are very few instances of wide open sprinting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 04:41 PM   #36
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

On a side note, if after your 10 hrs is up and then you pre order you get another 10 hrs, at least thats how it worked with NHL.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:38 PM   #37
Rookie

Lashley93's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
On a side note, if after your 10 hrs is up and then you pre order you get another 10 hrs, at least thats how it worked with NHL.
Never worked like that on FIFA early access before
Old 09-23-2016, 07:59 PM   #38
Rookie

Has anyone tested CPU pass error yet? Has its behaviour changed or is it the same? In all previous iterations, there was never a setting that would allow realistic pass error.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:39 AM   #39
Rookie

Pass error works well, previously it didn't seem to affect Legendary AI so much outside of crossing but you can really see the effects now.

Game still has that terrible easiness of bursting/dribbling that I don't think any slider settings will fix, though.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:22 AM   #40
Rookie

Non Idoneo's Arena

Bursting is a big problem, it's impossibile to fix whit sliders. Tha game is broken, unplayable. The only hope is that EA fix this bug beacause is unbelivable.

More clips of the same match, Legendary.

http://xboxclips.com/Non+Idoneo+83/f...f-b4e1d5011a3d

3.34, Onyedinma walk in red carpet.

http://xboxclips.com/Non+Idoneo+83/0...e-7f6b9178f2ea

2.12, coast to coast whit Webster. Here, CPU have +10 of acceleration and +10 of speed sprint.

The same problem is already present in the demo. Neuer...unbelivable, 4.31 at Legendary.

http://xboxclips.com/Non+Idoneo+83/e...e-b0985320594f

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »