Home

EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-04-2024, 10:40 AM   #2297
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

I tried switching from legendary to ultimate, tried all sorts of different formations and tactics but I simply cannot enjoy this game any longer because of the AI.
I don't have an issue with the gameplay as such. My sole problem is that the AI is COMPLETELY one dimensional in how they score.
They spread play wide, suddenly their winger suddenly becomes prime Neymar regardless of which team they are playing for.
They slalom round my defenders, sometimes using futsal skill moves that are inappropriate and feel like the game is taking the p out of me. The winger runs along the touchline until he is almost at the post.
No problem - I'm great at jockeying so they can't cutback, right? Worked last year but nope, now the AI has a new tool - cannonballing it in at the near post from impossible angles.
it's hard to describe how enraged and stupid this game mechanic is. I can be playing as Man City against Coventry and their 70 rated winger will do the above. Ratings seem to make no difference - it really feels completely scripted.
Sometimes I manage to succesfully defend against both cutbacks and these absurd near post shots, but then it just happens again and again until I hit alt-f4.
I wouldn't care if there was one of these attacks scripted per game or something, amidst a lot of other variation. But I don't concede any other goals! Literally EVERY GOAL is a cheesy touchline Neymar dribble / near post cutback or rocket.
I know I sound insane ranting like this but I'm about to uninstall a game I spent $60 on so I need this release.
Old 05-04-2024, 03:46 PM   #2298
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinner
I tried switching from legendary to ultimate, tried all sorts of different formations and tactics but I simply cannot enjoy this game any longer because of the AI.
I don't have an issue with the gameplay as such. My sole problem is that the AI is COMPLETELY one dimensional in how they score.
They spread play wide, suddenly their winger suddenly becomes prime Neymar regardless of which team they are playing for.
They slalom round my defenders, sometimes using futsal skill moves that are inappropriate and feel like the game is taking the p out of me. The winger runs along the touchline until he is almost at the post.
No problem - I'm great at jockeying so they can't cutback, right? Worked last year but nope, now the AI has a new tool - cannonballing it in at the near post from impossible angles.
it's hard to describe how enraged and stupid this game mechanic is. I can be playing as Man City against Coventry and their 70 rated winger will do the above. Ratings seem to make no difference - it really feels completely scripted.
Sometimes I manage to succesfully defend against both cutbacks and these absurd near post shots, but then it just happens again and again until I hit alt-f4.
I wouldn't care if there was one of these attacks scripted per game or something, amidst a lot of other variation. But I don't concede any other goals! Literally EVERY GOAL is a cheesy touchline Neymar dribble / near post cutback or rocket.
I know I sound insane ranting like this but I'm about to uninstall a game I spent $60 on so I need this release.
You mentioned alt-f4, so you play on PC. Have you tried any gameplay mods? I think they might be what you are looking for. I agree about the way the AI play on the higher difficulties. I'm going to try gameplay mods myself.

Last edited by Gee_Simpson; 05-04-2024 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-05-2024, 05:28 PM   #2299
MVP

Any console users finding a way to actually enjoy the game at the moment?

I’ve found Legendary close to unplayable recently with Full Manual controls (not sure if it’s better with Assists on). I’ve dropped down to World Class and the game is much more balanced and varied but there are still a couple of significant issues.

1. CB Jockey. I’m on default game speed with 50 acceleration. Any idea how to stop this? I didn’t see it at all on Legendary.

2. CPU defenders allowing user wingers/full backs to run in behind far too easily. Also something I never saw on Legendary.

3. CPU defenders backing off and allowing user attackers to run at and onto them unchallenged.

If I could clean these things up then World Class would be fine for me atm but I’m struggling to isolate and address these issues with slider adjustments.

Any ideas?
Old 05-05-2024, 07:04 PM   #2300
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee_Simpson
You mentioned alt-f4, so you play on PC. Have you tried any gameplay mods? I think they might be what you are looking for. I agree about the way the AI play on the higher difficulties. I'm going to try gameplay mods myself.
May I ask which mod are you going to use? I've done some research and found a bunch of those out there. I've seen Danielz's Realism Mod, Anth's Gameplay Mod, Paulv2k4 Gameplay Mod, etc.
I'm curious about Anth's one but I've seen some people complain in the forums. I'm also wondering if they'd work with the sliders or if it uses the default ones instead.
Perhaps we should try and work with gameplay mods + sliders to fix EA's mess. Although that'd exclude console players.

*Quick edit:
I found a video from a guy who plays with Danielz's mod and I asked about the settings. He said he plays on Legendary, Normal Pace, Default Sliders. Gameplay looks pretty good for vanilla sliders. I believe it could be even better if we apply ours instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26nkT97wt80

Last edited by Si_dra; 05-05-2024 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-05-2024, 11:50 PM   #2301
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_dra
May I ask which mod are you going to use? I've done some research and found a bunch of those out there. I've seen Danielz's Realism Mod, Anth's Gameplay Mod, Paulv2k4 Gameplay Mod, etc.
I'm curious about Anth's one but I've seen some people complain in the forums. I'm also wondering if they'd work with the sliders or if it uses the default ones instead.
Perhaps we should try and work with gameplay mods + sliders to fix EA's mess. Although that'd exclude console players.

*Quick edit:
I found a video from a guy who plays with Danielz's mod and I asked about the settings. He said he plays on Legendary, Normal Pace, Default Sliders. Gameplay looks pretty good for vanilla sliders. I believe it could be even better if we apply ours instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26nkT97wt80
Who has complained about Anth's? It was his that I was going to try. It seems to be the most popular and reccommended for FC 24 from what I've gathered. They are all used with default sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2024, 12:54 AM   #2302
Rookie

Quote:
Who has complained about Anth's? It was his that I was going to try. It seems to be the most popular and reccommended for FC 24 from what I've gathered. They are all used with default sliders.
I believe I've seen a couple complaints/issues in the soccergaming.com thread. Might give it a shot later.
So anyways, I'm currently trying Danielz's gameplay mod + the sliders and slow pace. So far, the game feels a bit different on ultimate. CPU still does these annoying knocks but they tend to lose possession. Played one game with Wrexham and tied 1-1.

*Edit:
I've read a comment from Anth where he states he's playing on default sliders. I really like how it looks on his videos.

*Edit 2:
Did some testing with random teams and both slow/default pace/legendary/ultimate, and I came to the conclusion that the gameplay mod (at least in Danielz's case, would assume it'd be same for Anth's) is already slow enough in default pace. It does not need the extra adjustment in the game because it makes the gameplay very very slow, as if the players were snails.
So basically, modded default pace = vanilla slow pace // modded slow pace = very slow pace.

On the other hand, I think the CPU behaved pretty well. I've seen way less inhuman runs/ball knocks in the few games I played, and sometimes they'd even lose the ball after attempting it.
Did one game on Ultimate/Slow (but with legendary shot and pass error for the user) and tied 2-2. CPU seemed to do more inhuman runs in this difficulty, but it also seemed a little bit easier for me to attack.
Then played another one in Legendary/Default and lost 1-3. Attacking was difficult and I barely generated any chances. I couldn't get away with the ball because the AI would always catch up with me somehow. Attacking is way harder than in ultimate IMO.

**Edit 3:
Been playing with both Danielz's and Anth's mods and both have done well so far. I was a bit skeptical about playing on 50/50 sliders cuz I didn't want it to turn into arcade, but I was surprised to see the complete opposite when using any of those mods.
I came to the conclusion that in Danielz's case, it mixes realism with a little bit of arcade. Improves the overall gameplay. CPU knocks/runs down the wing have decreased. Feels realistic but you can still score some nice goals if your players are good.

On the other hand, Anth's turns it into a completely different game. I'm currently using the latest V19, but there are a bunch of versions out there and they have different playstyles. It even comes with a bunch of addons to customize the gameplay to your likings. I'm playing the slowest version and I'm astonished on how similar it is to the actual slow pace setting.
But that's not everything. It also improves the AI so much that it even removes those inhuman runs.
Yes, you heard it right. It removes them. I've played 3 games so far and I haven't seen any weird acceleration yet. It's crazy.

Btw, I'm playing on World Class, Default Pace, Semi controls. WC is actually harder with both mods. Can't play legendary anymore cuz it's too hard now lol.

Last edited by Si_dra; 05-06-2024 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-07-2024, 02:13 AM   #2303
Rookie

Anths gameplay is the best Fifa experience there is. 10/10
Quote:
Sent from my VOG-L09 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-07-2024, 08:18 AM   #2304
Rookie

I've just been doing some research, it looks promising. I've seen a few comments from people saying there are some bugs with shot power and the animations. Have you noticed any buggy gameplay using this mod? I am trying to decide if I should download the free v13 or get the patreon

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »