Home

EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-22-2023, 09:06 AM   #1753
Rookie

g98smith's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

How do any of you play this game? I genuinely think for me it’s the worst FIFA/FC game in years. I can’t figure out how to upload an image on mobile but you’ll just have to trust me that these stats are genuine.

A few days ago I played my FC Nurnberg CM, on Legendary (V7) and I smashed Hansa Rostock 4-0 away before then playing Hamburg at home, one of the strongest sides in the division. I won 5-0… The game then crashed.

Today I reloaded the save and had to replay the Hamburg game, this time using V8 (still Legendary). I lost 2-0, which was more realistic. I then played Osnabruck away, one of the weakest teams in the league. Here are the stats:

VFL Osnabruck 2-1 FC Nurnberg

Shots: 10 - 16
xG: 1.7 - 7.2 (!)
Saves: 7 - 1

This is using 78/78 Shot Error and 55/55 GK. I had multiple shots from around the penalty spot that were aimed perfectly on target (I checked in instant replay) that went flying wide. There is something fundamentally wrong when you put up 7.2 xG and only score 1 goal, just 2 days after smashing one of the best teams in the league 5-0 on the same difficulty and without a game update. I highly doubt a tweak to the FB slider is going to completely change the game.

I’m honestly on the verge of giving up on this game until FC25 is released. It’s so inconsistent, up and down, every single time the game is loaded up. I’ve been playing FIFA since 2004 and have never known anything like it. Seriously, props to any of you that are actually enjoying playing, I’m baffled.
Old 12-22-2023, 09:24 AM   #1754
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I am enjoying this game but man, whenever the game decides that the CPU is going to score and there is nothing you can do, that just kills it for me. Also, those damn near post runs from the CPU where they just effortlessly dribble through your defense and nutmegs the keeper or slots the ball in a ball size gap between the keeper and the post.......... I have also noticed the defenders backing away from the ball on legendary again. It's SOOOOO annoying and there is nothing sliders can do about it

Last edited by JayD; 12-22-2023 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-22-2023, 09:47 AM   #1755
Rookie

g98smith's Arena

Next game, at home to St. Pauli - another good side in the 2.Bundesliga, they’re 2nd in real life - beat them 5-0 …. didn’t change a single setting or slider value, or restart the game etc.

Please don’t tell me it’s just one of those things, or that it’s realistic for games to vary in difficulty and scorelines to vary. Of course they do, but I should not be scoring 1 goal from 7.2 xG against relegation fodder and then destroying a promotion contender 5-0 (from 4.9 xG btw) on the exact same settings. That’s not “strikers having an off day” or “the opposition GK having a worldie”. It’s just dumb and proof of an inherently poor game.

It’s so difficult to find enjoyment in FC 24 when it does everything it can to make things completely inconsistent and unrealistic. Again, not bashing the sliders in any way, but personally I think this game is beyond saving. I won’t even get into how my players all feel like they’re running around in mud again haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2023, 01:17 PM   #1756
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by g98smith
Next game, at home to St. Pauli - another good side in the 2.Bundesliga, they’re 2nd in real life - beat them 5-0 …. didn’t change a single setting or slider value, or restart the game etc.

Please don’t tell me it’s just one of those things, or that it’s realistic for games to vary in difficulty and scorelines to vary. Of course they do, but I should not be scoring 1 goal from 7.2 xG against relegation fodder and then destroying a promotion contender 5-0 (from 4.9 xG btw) on the exact same settings. That’s not “strikers having an off day” or “the opposition GK having a worldie”. It’s just dumb and proof of an inherently poor game.

It’s so difficult to find enjoyment in FC 24 when it does everything it can to make things completely inconsistent and unrealistic. Again, not bashing the sliders in any way, but personally I think this game is beyond saving. I won’t even get into how my players all feel like they’re running around in mud again haha.
I think you need to approach it like a sport and less chasing statistics. XG is one of the worst inclusions in this game because it sets expectations. It's FIFA, actually, it's EA - expectations shouldn't really be on the table here. Even for Madden, those who try to chase statistics always end up disappointed.

In terms of shot error, I mean, it's a high value - it's going to turn out that way. There are many factors in the basics of shooting under pressure vs no pressure, fatigued, angle, etc - I coach u10/11 and I wonder why my best striker of the ball hits the corner flag.

Overall, just lower your expectations for things like XG, it's just not a realistic demand. Personally, I think this is one of the best iterations of FIFA that has been released. I came at it with really low expectations because 23 was so good. FC24 has blown me away.
Old 12-22-2023, 01:48 PM   #1757
Rookie

Game Coding Adjustments and Ultimate Difficulty

Platform: Xbox Series X
Difficulty: Ultimate
Game Speed: Fluctuating between Slow and Default paced
Slider Set: Version 8 (minor adjustments)

Hello everyone. From experience over the past sixteen days, since the release of Title Update 6, the gameplay has improved, even to the point where a number of slider adjustments can begin to become normalized (returning closer to default configurations; e.g. 50), while other adjustments still require severe modification to incorporate fairness and realistic outcomes in matches. The elevation in slider adjustments for both fullback positioning and line width has been quite noticeable, especially at the Ultimate difficulty setting. In several testing career mode saves with a variety of clubs (top-table, mid-table, relegation zone), I have actually reduced the line width slider setting back to the original 50 demarkation, which allows for more attack vectors for the CPU. When the line width is increased to 52 or above, most sideline outlets for CPU attack sequences become blocked with user defenders engaging the wings even before reaching the mid-point line on the pitch. As previously stated in other posts to this forum, the primary function of sliders is not to assuage or mitigate CPU gameplay, rather to effectuate fair gameplay through equalization of the fundamental core game coding and algorithm engines.

While the majority of my manager career mode saves for nearly a decade have been limited to the English and Spanish leagues for a number of factors, including confetti on the pitch (Bundesliga and Argentine Primera División), generic clubs (Serie A), omission of third kits and real stadiums (Ligue 1, MLS, and Liga Portugal), the following principles still apply. Within the inherent game coding are numerous algorithm analysis systems that alter CPU and AI user controlled player sequences, game match situational variables, and dynamic difficulty adjustments based on metadata collected from previous matches (user profile and console/PC memory caches), and recent historical table finishes. What I discovered in the beginning of my FIFA journey, and still remains relevant today, was that the 'cushion' or leeway the CPU (please reference the attached image) is afforded at gameplay difficulties lower than Ultimate, is increasingly detrimental to even or fair gameplay. While I am unable to concretely provide evidence to the following theory, more than forty thousand game played since FIFA 17 all controlling a single player, has allowed me to observe CPU and user AI controlled behavior is proof enough for me to share the findings. Based on the difficulty chart and publications authored by the developers at EA, there is an assumption that the difficulty percentages for CPU gameplay are hardcoded into the game engine, and are to be considered static. My belief however, is that the percentage values are the low-end baseline for CPU gameplay, and as metadata is compiled over time, the dynamic difficulty adjustment algorithm modifies these values. For example, when a user is conducting a career mode save at the World Class difficulty and performing well on the pitch for several matches in a row, the dynamic difficulty adjustment algorithm has the ability to randomly increase CPU attacking intelligence from 75% to 100%, or any of the three other categorizations in the chart. These are the only four categories that EA has published, however, it is apparent to anyone who has played the game for more than a week, that more 'hidden' game difficulty adjustment classifications exist. These factors offer one explanation for how a user can play a match, exit the game, delete the console/PC cache, and replay the same match experiencing a completely different outcome. Additionally, this account can also explain how someone can conduct a career mode save with a bottom-table club and be competitive in nearly every match, while a different career mode with a top club consistently battle against relegation zone clubs.

As pointed out by contributor g98smith today, on Legendary difficulty there exists an unrealistic fluctuation in CPU gameplay, even when replaying matches without clearing console/PC memory caches. One of the metrics the game engine incorporates in the first season a career mode save is the table position of the club at the end of the previous year. Using g98smith's example, FC Nurnberg finished 14th out of 18th in the table (bottom-mid). Therefore, at the start of the career, matches against top or upper-mid table clubs should be more competitive with a disproportunate number of victories. As the season progresses, matches will become easier/more difficult contigent upon their outcomes. The game coding algorithm does not account for real-life circumstances; only what has happened in-game during the career mode save. Another example is starting a career mode save with Girona. Last season finished 10th in the table, currently reside tied for the league lead with Real Madrid. Beginning a career save with Girona now would result in competitive matches against top table, and 'dog fights' against even or lower rated clubs. If Girona wins the league this year, then in EA FC 25, every match will be extraordinarily laborious.

From the beginning, I quickly progressed from World Class to Ultimate, utilizing sliders to alter the gameplay to my skillset, instead of relying on game difficulty settings. Throughout the process the difference in slider adjustments could be observed and modified based on consistent gameplay by the CPU, again referencing the chart, all but one category has the CPU configured to 100% player abilities and attributes. In many instances, playing with Ultimate difficulty slow paced is more straightforward and enjoyable than any World Class or Legendary match. For anyone struggling with the other difficulties, I can recommend switching to Ultimate and adjusting the sliders according to your playstyle and skillset at the outset, then conforming to the slider set proffered by Matt and other contributors.

I would be grateful to Matt and others if future slider adjustment sets could comprise more extensive analyses and modifications for Ultimate difficulty, both slow and default paced applications, however, realize there is limited time, and the preponderance of forum users employ lower difficulty levels.

Thank you for your time, hope everyone has a safe and pleasurable holiday season.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EA FC 24 AI Difficulty Configuration.jpg (54.5 KB, 139 views)
Old 12-22-2023, 05:45 PM   #1758
MVP

Im always very critical of Fifa and EA , I tend to always point out the awful n let it be known . I came very close to skipping this year's title as I did last year , and I'm so glad I didn't . The start was a bit frustrating as it often it cus it's a brand new game and we all gotta figure out how to improve on things n hope updates don't mess with it .
But I honestly think this is one of the best FIFA's in the last decade and I'm surprised I'm saying that lol
I've always had problems with the gameplay being consistent in prior FIFAs, but this year it's been simply amazing. No sped up warp speed gameplay and animations , and the difficulty is consistent as well . I'm just honestly very pleased with this game right now .
Yes I wish for some things to be better , but as a whole this game is great. The gameplay i personally think is the best out of this Frostbite generation/series of games . It's difficult and each CM of mine is very challenging but it all feels very fair for the most part n wins I really do gotta earn , which just makes those wins feel all the better n rewarding . All my free time I'm finding myself playing more n more of this game and Im just really loving it .

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2023, 05:47 PM   #1759
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Game Coding Adjustments and Ultimate Difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinKid73
Platform: Xbox Series X
Difficulty: Ultimate
Game Speed: Fluctuating between Slow and Default paced
Slider Set: Version 8 (minor adjustments)

Hello everyone. From experience over the past sixteen days, since the release of Title Update 6, the gameplay has improved, even to the point where a number of slider adjustments can begin to become normalized (returning closer to default configurations; e.g. 50), while other adjustments still require severe modification to incorporate fairness and realistic outcomes in matches. The elevation in slider adjustments for both fullback positioning and line width has been quite noticeable, especially at the Ultimate difficulty setting. In several testing career mode saves with a variety of clubs (top-table, mid-table, relegation zone), I have actually reduced the line width slider setting back to the original 50 demarkation, which allows for more attack vectors for the CPU. When the line width is increased to 52 or above, most sideline outlets for CPU attack sequences become blocked with user defenders engaging the wings even before reaching the mid-point line on the pitch. As previously stated in other posts to this forum, the primary function of sliders is not to assuage or mitigate CPU gameplay, rather to effectuate fair gameplay through equalization of the fundamental core game coding and algorithm engines.

While the majority of my manager career mode saves for nearly a decade have been limited to the English and Spanish leagues for a number of factors, including confetti on the pitch (Bundesliga and Argentine Primera División), generic clubs (Serie A), omission of third kits and real stadiums (Ligue 1, MLS, and Liga Portugal), the following principles still apply. Within the inherent game coding are numerous algorithm analysis systems that alter CPU and AI user controlled player sequences, game match situational variables, and dynamic difficulty adjustments based on metadata collected from previous matches (user profile and console/PC memory caches), and recent historical table finishes. What I discovered in the beginning of my FIFA journey, and still remains relevant today, was that the 'cushion' or leeway the CPU (please reference the attached image) is afforded at gameplay difficulties lower than Ultimate, is increasingly detrimental to even or fair gameplay. While I am unable to concretely provide evidence to the following theory, more than forty thousand game played since FIFA 17 all controlling a single player, has allowed me to observe CPU and user AI controlled behavior is proof enough for me to share the findings. Based on the difficulty chart and publications authored by the developers at EA, there is an assumption that the difficulty percentages for CPU gameplay are hardcoded into the game engine, and are to be considered static. My belief however, is that the percentage values are the low-end baseline for CPU gameplay, and as metadata is compiled over time, the dynamic difficulty adjustment algorithm modifies these values. For example, when a user is conducting a career mode save at the World Class difficulty and performing well on the pitch for several matches in a row, the dynamic difficulty adjustment algorithm has the ability to randomly increase CPU attacking intelligence from 75% to 100%, or any of the three other categorizations in the chart. These are the only four categories that EA has published, however, it is apparent to anyone who has played the game for more than a week, that more 'hidden' game difficulty adjustment classifications exist. These factors offer one explanation for how a user can play a match, exit the game, delete the console/PC cache, and replay the same match experiencing a completely different outcome. Additionally, this account can also explain how someone can conduct a career mode save with a bottom-table club and be competitive in nearly every match, while a different career mode with a top club consistently battle against relegation zone clubs.

As pointed out by contributor g98smith today, on Legendary difficulty there exists an unrealistic fluctuation in CPU gameplay, even when replaying matches without clearing console/PC memory caches. One of the metrics the game engine incorporates in the first season a career mode save is the table position of the club at the end of the previous year. Using g98smith's example, FC Nurnberg finished 14th out of 18th in the table (bottom-mid). Therefore, at the start of the career, matches against top or upper-mid table clubs should be more competitive with a disproportunate number of victories. As the season progresses, matches will become easier/more difficult contigent upon their outcomes. The game coding algorithm does not account for real-life circumstances; only what has happened in-game during the career mode save. Another example is starting a career mode save with Girona. Last season finished 10th in the table, currently reside tied for the league lead with Real Madrid. Beginning a career save with Girona now would result in competitive matches against top table, and 'dog fights' against even or lower rated clubs. If Girona wins the league this year, then in EA FC 25, every match will be extraordinarily laborious.

From the beginning, I quickly progressed from World Class to Ultimate, utilizing sliders to alter the gameplay to my skillset, instead of relying on game difficulty settings. Throughout the process the difference in slider adjustments could be observed and modified based on consistent gameplay by the CPU, again referencing the chart, all but one category has the CPU configured to 100% player abilities and attributes. In many instances, playing with Ultimate difficulty slow paced is more straightforward and enjoyable than any World Class or Legendary match. For anyone struggling with the other difficulties, I can recommend switching to Ultimate and adjusting the sliders according to your playstyle and skillset at the outset, then conforming to the slider set proffered by Matt and other contributors.

I would be grateful to Matt and others if future slider adjustment sets could comprise more extensive analyses and modifications for Ultimate difficulty, both slow and default paced applications, however, realize there is limited time, and the preponderance of forum users employ lower difficulty levels.

Thank you for your time, hope everyone has a safe and pleasurable holiday season.
I think if the approach is going to gamify the game this much then try to use a lesser difficulty for Home and higher difficulty for Away matches. That alone should tilt the prediction.

FWIW, I'm not personally into thinking about the inner-workings or code of the game. I understand algos and coding fairly well as I've been in different parts of the software dev life cycle throughout my own career - but at no point will I worry about it during my gaming time. I definitely believe that this is real, but I also believe we're playing a video game that represents a sport. I rather lean towards a technical approach of tactics and match scenarios than accept I missed a shot into row Z because the algos are working against me.

Call me a romantic, but that's how I would rather be for my gaming. IRL of the sport we love, there are many unpredictable and I'd like to believe that is likely to happen every time I play a match rather than predicting and pointing at algorithms.

Again, this isn't to dismiss your findings - it's just that as a lover of the sport first, I would much rather maintain that theme in my gaming.
Old 12-22-2023, 09:24 PM   #1760
Rookie

Forum Post Response

Matt, thank you for taking the time to read my post and respond. The purpose for sharing my analyses is hopefully to assist other users, who are experiencing difficulties on both Legendary game modes, and perceived, although real, disadvantages by the coding and game engines. Since EA FC 24 is the only game I play, and sole reason for purchasing the Xbox Series X console, I undertake the impossible task of attempting to create the most realistic gaming experience available.

When switching from lower difficulty levels to Ultimate, most users will initially be frustrated by the enhanced AI in all phases of the game, and can expect to lose a number of matches that were once contested, if not won on lower difficulties. As mentioned in previous posts, when conducting a career mode save with bottom-table clubs, my expectation at the end of the first season is to finish no higher than twelfth in the table, unless extraordinary circumstances occur. Having said that, the majority of matches play out as expected with Ultimate difficulty; top table with highest rated players on Earth execute attacks, defenders close down the eighteen-yard box, and goalkeepers are sensational. When playing matches on Legendary difficulty, especially with default pace, a disproportionate amount of mid and bottom tables clubs play far beyond their player capabilities and attributes. When playing career modes with these settings, oftentimes the completion of Board Objectives become increasingly difficult, and will result in manager sacking after just one or two seasons. For my game style, that is acceptable, as I become bored with career saves by then anyway, and desire to start over with a new club.

I agree with all the statements you pointed out, and I am not contributing to this forum to dissuade any user from enjoying the game in the manner they choose. This main purpose of this forum is to discuss gameplay sliders and to suggest modifications to enhance the matches. I apologize for deviating from that concept, only that I have seen a number of posts recently discoursing other aspects of the game, and wanted to share my experiences. Going forward, posts from me will concentrate on slider related issues, unless directly responding to other contributors. Again, thank you for your input, and look forward to updates from you with regard to Title Update 7, tentatively scheduled for next Wednesday or Thursday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »