Home

EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-29-2023, 01:31 PM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA SPORTS FC 24 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanuatu96
Hello Matt, the team, and all you guys!
First time writing here, but been a long time follower since back then in FIFA 15!

Appreciate and truly admire all the amazing work, as I am always keen to check and test each and every new version and set, and of course this year is no exception.

Let me tell you I completely agree with the global appreciation and all the compliments you made about this year’s game and how the dynamics and the gameplay overall feels absolutely fresh as someone there in EA HQ really decided to gift us all!

As an all time FIFA (now EA FC) player and OS follower, I constantly find myself trying to improve my gaming experience, and sometimes to levels that, well, maybe we will never get to. Or haven’t yet! But, as I said, this year’s game (and your set) makes me believe we are getting somewhere near those levels.

The thing here is… and after reading cautiously all the users opinions, I still find the game… really easy! Or, at least, not challenging enough.
It really bugs me when I see (in every years thread) loads of opinions on how the gameplay experience for many users has increased in terms of difficulty while using not only the main set, but the harder set, and I still “struggle” to actually struggle on playing the game.

The solution for me has always been bumping the user shot error (SE), pass error (PE) and FT control (FTC), and decreasing the CPU ones (sometimes even inverting the values you have for the set), and yes, that kinda ups the difficulty and makes it more enjoyable, but still not enough for my likes, which I totally understand.

So, for every year and every set and version I try and manipulate those LH, LL, LW and Marking values in every difficulty level and setting available (testing it for hours), in order to see if that makes it up for me, and somehow/sometimes it does, but as I truly trust your work I always stand and stick up with it for the whole year (with those tweaks in SE, PE and FTC mentioned above).

With that being said, I have a question (which I actually had since ever). Do those tweaks (SE, PE, FTC) I mentioned mess up with the set and need to be balanced with some other tweaks, for example in LH, LL, LW and Marking, in order to work fine and don’t ruin the gameplay experience, or do they just have effect in the individual actions of the players and hence in the difficulty of the game itself?

In other words, and to make it simpler, if I completely follow, for example, the Ultimate set, but change SE, PE and FTC values to the Harder Legendary ones (or even harder, like inverting them user/cpu speaking) does that mess up with the set and the gameplay?
Another question pops up: can I use the Harder Legendary set on Ultimate in order to make it harder or does it mess up with the set and the gameplay as well?

I have my feeling, but still, I wanna hear your opinions on it.
As I said, my main focus is to, not only make the gameplay experience feel more realistic but also more challenging, and the way I have been finding to do that is by actually following all these years sets here in the forum but with those SE, PE and FTC tweaks where I keep myself on tending to almost turn the CPU overpowered just to actually… struggle!
Somewhere, during these years, I even got to the point where I made SE, PE and FTC CPU values below 50, but still, not struggling enough… or did I break the gameplay? So many questions.

Well! I appreciate your help and your opinion on it.
As always, I am grateful for all your work and all the forum followers opinions for all these years, as I feel we are all part of a team that is constantly trying to actually improve the game.

Lets keep it up! Thank you!
Have you ever played with full manual controls?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2023, 03:46 PM   #162
Rookie

ecantona9's Arena

So I decided to play more games on V2 of the sliders (WC, slow) but I did increase the pass speed to 40. It was darn near perfect at least for me. The pacing was great. The defense was great, the alleys were gone in the backline. I played against Bayern w/BVB and lost twice 0-3 and 2-3. I played Barcelona twice and lost both times and then finally beat Bayern with Manchester United 1-0. The only thing that concerned me was the lack runs by the offense, but it felt like a true soccer match to me anyway. Lastly I played BVB against Le Harve AC and won 5-1 just to see how the lower teams played. I am really enjoying this set of sliders.
Old 09-29-2023, 03:48 PM   #163
Rookie

V2 feels beautiful.

But I did increase the pass and shot error rates as the percentages at the end of the game were far too high. Especially as I'm playing as a 1 start team in the German 3rd tier.

GKs are definitely off though. It doesn't feel like a slider issue, but they will make great saves during the game only to concede when they scuff one straight towards him and he dives out the way.
Old 09-29-2023, 05:02 PM   #164
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by christosbalt
Have you ever played with full manual controls?
Yes. I play on FUMA.

As I said, I find the set and gameplay experience really good, but it’s still so easy, as the CPU isn’t neither able to create enough danger on the offense, nor avoid the danger I am able to create.

Let’s say, for example, I play Bayern Munich (CPU) away as Union Berlin (User), and this is a generous example CPU speaking (I could easily put a german 3. Liga team in there against Bayern). The game can easily end without a single shot performed by Bayern Munich, as everytime they get close to my area they are so easy to take the ball off. Then, at the offense, it’s just about keeping the ball around their area until I find some space and room to either get a shot or do a killer pass for a simple finish.
More than 90% pass completion rate for either me and the CPU, and if I try a minimum hard, it can end without a single shot for the CPU.

It gets to the point I have to force myself to “play bad”, or even try some different things on my game, just to make it harder, even considering I do those tweaks in terms of SE, PE and FCT (inverting the values or even lowering it to under 50 for the CPU).

Still, that’s not my question. Or, my questions!
Feel free to comment and help.

Thank you!
Old 09-29-2023, 05:05 PM   #165
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanuatu96
Yes. I play on FUMA.

As I said, I find the set and gameplay experience really good, but it’s still so easy, as the CPU isn’t neither able to create enough danger on the offense, nor avoid the danger I am able to create.

Let’s say, for example, I play Bayern Munich (CPU) away as Union Berlin (User), and this is a generous example CPU speaking (I could easily put a german 3. Liga team in there against Bayern). The game can easily end without a single shot performed by Bayern Munich, as everytime they get close to my area they are so easy to take the ball off. Then, at the offense, it’s just about keeping the ball around their area until I find some space and room to either get a shot or do a killer pass for a simple finish.
More than 90% pass completion rate for either me and the CPU, and if I try a minimum hard, it can end without a single shot for the CPU.

It gets to the point I have to force myself to “play bad”, or even try some different things on my game, just to make it harder, even considering I do those tweaks in terms of SE, PE and FCT (inverting the values or even lowering it to under 50 for the CPU).

Still, that’s not my question. Or, my questions!
Feel free to comment and help.

Thank you!
What difficulty? I am having an incredibly hard time on Legendary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2023, 05:05 PM   #166
MVP

I was happy enough with V1 - actually enjoying the game , which a lot of people don’t seem to be. V2 feels great though and definitely an improvement. Games definitely feel quicker and more lively but not unrealistically sped up. I’m not sure if it’s just a little too fast for me, but I think a lot of us forget that high football is high pace, high energy. It’s not slow and lethargic.

My main concern at the moment is that marking may be a little too high. The CPU seems to be over-pursuing the ball fairly often, and a simple turn or feint sends them flying past you like a bull past a matador. This can really open up space that wouldn’t be there if they pressed a little more conservatively. Curious to hear if anyone else is experiencing similar.

Kudos and thanks to Matt and all for V2 though. I just played a couple of games and they were overall smooth, fun, and realistic. Really nicely balanced.
Old 09-29-2023, 05:08 PM   #167
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifatas
Same happens to me, I just look them up through a different search engine.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Operation Sports mobile app
I updated the OP with a link to the web-page so that should work for those that can't see the image.
Old 09-29-2023, 05:09 PM   #168
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jushin
V2 feels beautiful.

But I did increase the pass and shot error rates as the percentages at the end of the game were far too high. Especially as I'm playing as a 1 start team in the German 3rd tier.

GKs are definitely off though. It doesn't feel like a slider issue, but they will make great saves during the game only to concede when they scuff one straight towards him and he dives out the way.
Those are good adjustments. As I said in the OP, the pass speed was lowered because the crossing and aerial speed was too fast, the camera couldn't keep up. Just kind of ruined the immersion a bit - especially when we want to see crosses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »