Home

What is your EACFB pre-release ritual?

This is a discussion on What is your EACFB pre-release ritual? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-04-2024, 06:43 PM   #1
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

OVR: 0
What is your EACFB pre-release ritual?

As someone who's old enough to have played nearly every EA CFB game, this time of the year used to be filled with great anticipation of the game. Each year (leading up to the release) I performed several pre-release rituals to enhance my game experience.

Having waited nearly 11 years, this year's release marks a special anticipation for the game. I sure many of you have your own pre-release ritual. Here's a few of mine:

1. Purchase of Athlon Sports/Phil Steele magazine
2. Re-watch prior year games (particularly rivalry and bowl games)
3. Play prior Madden a little more intensely (considering that past CFB games were a improved hybrid of the prior year's Madden).

What are your rituals?

Last edited by Cam Fan; 05-04-2024 at 06:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2024, 07:03 PM   #2
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: What is your EACFB pre-release ritual?

My pre-release ritual is waiting impatiently for the past 11 years lol.

I usually do pick up a national coverage magazine, or now that the internet has advanced a decade I may spend a long time watching old games or watching highlight videos of various players/teams.
Old 05-04-2024, 08:29 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

This is going to be the first physical disc game that I have bought long time. This will be the first game I actually Pre-order probably since NCAA 12 or 13. I never seen the purpose of pre-ordering games. Especially in the last decade when the only benefits were pre-order bonuses that were geared towards games I didn't play. But, I want that the old Gamestop experience, where I pre-order this game and wait for them to call me to say it's ready for pickup.

I'm not sure if I have any specific pre-release rituals. I guess it depends on what we get in the full reveal. If we get Teambuilder, then I will research teams and stadiums that I would want to use. I will probably look up real life college offenses and defenses to get an idea of what type of scheme I want to run
Old 05-04-2024, 08:54 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 2

i’m old enough also to have played every college football game, i also bought the athlon college football edition and played a lot of madden till ncaa came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-04-2024, 09:07 PM   #5
Rookie

Midnight pick up at GameStop. Play it all night. I have two kids now. I’m putting them to bed an hour early lol with some melatonin
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2024, 11:45 PM   #6
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
My pre-release ritual is waiting impatiently for the past 11 years lol.
Totally agree with this, right now I am struggling mightily to find another game to play lol. I am getting bored of COD lol.

I have been listening to various fight songs to get me pumped up before the full reveal drops in a few weeks.

Arkansas Razorbacks
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions
Old 05-05-2024, 12:32 PM   #7
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Althon was really bad last season for the G5 schools only had a death chart and a 50 word wirte up lindy was much better
Old 05-05-2024, 06:15 PM   #8
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Way back when, I took used to get the Athlon National and ACC magazine in anticipation for football season and making rosters for the game. I would also intentionally stop playing last year's game two weeks before the new one dropped to get ready for the new game.

Now, no rituals intended although I do plan to start back playing Madden sometime in June just to focus on RPO plays and look into some defensive package stuff.

One thing I do miss is the midnight release at GameStop. They would open up the store at 10, have the old game set up for customers to play, refreshments etc. I would love for them to do a midnight release for the heck of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »