Home

What is your EACFB pre-release ritual?

This is a discussion on What is your EACFB pre-release ritual? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-08-2024, 10:12 PM   #17
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What is your EACFB pre-release ritual?

My ritual consists of listening to the soundtracks from NCAA 06 and college fight songs.
Old 05-09-2024, 06:21 PM   #18
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

In the two weeks leading up to release, I plan on picking right back where I left off in June 2013:
Phil Steele/Lindy's/Athlon, whatever I can get my hands on.
Rewatch:
1 - Marx Brothers Horse Feathers, for the umpteenth time. I just saw it last, either late January/early February.
2 - Donovan McNabbs last game at the Carrier Dome, 1998, beat the u 66-13.
3 - Spike Lee's Jim Brown All-American documentary.
4 - A kind of newer tradition for me, prerelease, watch The Express Ernie Davis movie.
5 - Highlights from Syracuse 1960 Cotton Bowl triumph over Texas Littlehorns.
6 - Robin Williams/Kurt Russell Best Of Times movie.
#44Syracuse
Old 05-09-2024, 08:02 PM   #19
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

It’s crazy how fast times and habits change. I used to grab Anthon sports magazines and pour through them. I have been watching and listening to a lot of Josh Pate’s Late Kick and Joel Klatt. Those are my go to for College Football in the current media landscape. I have been playing a lot of M24 as well and imagining how different the college might be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2024, 11:39 PM   #20
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

I really dig The Solid Verbal and On3's podcasts. I also listen to Saturday Down South for my SEC fill.
Old 05-10-2024, 02:10 PM   #21
Rookie

TheNorm30's Arena

OVR: 4

Used to pick up some of the college football magazines back in the day, but now with rosters already pretty much in place I'll probably just pick up Phil Steele's annual magazine...which is the same as I've done since the game last came out.

Once a release date is firmly set I'll mark it in my calendar so I can schedule my weekend off from work. Pretty much it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2024, 07:20 PM   #22
Rookie

grangdj77's Arena

Also used to pick up some of the college magazines back in the day. Athlon and Phil Steele being the main ones. Way back when, I used to update my site with team rosters so that the roster makers could use it as a resource. Along with that, this game is where I started doing custom covers. I haven't done any in awhile since no sports game has warranted it, especially MLB The Show, but with this game finally getting me to buy a PS5, I'll probably get back in the custom cover scene.

Last edited by grangdj77; 05-11-2024 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-11-2024, 08:00 PM   #23
Just started!

I’m so damn excited for this game. It’s silly. I geek out on college football anyway so I like to listen to Joel klatt and couple other college football podcast. It’s going to be awesome.
I’ll probably watch Pony Express ESPN 30 for 30 they did on SMU and that might be where I start at in the game.

Last edited by Old Ryan; 05-11-2024 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-12-2024, 07:52 AM   #24
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

What I've decided to do, leading up to the release of the new college game, is go back through my life's work of the NCAA series... primarily NCAA 14. I played that series more than any game series in history, and this is truly the end of an era. EA Sports College Football is the beginning of a new era.

I've accumulated countless numbers personal roster files, notes, etc. I'm gonna go back through them, gonna try out some of them, and once the new game hits, they will all go in the nostalgia bin. Looking back, the amount of hours I put into NCAA 14 with all the editing, spectating games...is quite embarrassing lol! We had good times on this board throwing ideas together, and I hope the new games does the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »