Home

What is your EACFB pre-release ritual?

This is a discussion on What is your EACFB pre-release ritual? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-05-2024, 09:42 PM   #9
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What is your EACFB pre-release ritual?

i have to go dgilal my disk drive cant read the laser in my ps4 most likely too old and ps5 idk why on it
Old 05-05-2024, 11:44 PM   #10
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
i have to go dgilal my disk drive cant read the laser in my ps4 most likely too old and ps5 idk why on it
Well. Its not being released on PS4, so. That won't matter lol.
Old 05-06-2024, 11:19 AM   #11
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

This time around its different with the decade off as I don't see myself picking up the Athlon magazine, but maybe I will this year just for old times sake. Here's some things I'm doing.

1. Checking here and twitter constantly

2. Playing Madden / NCAA 14- The madden thing started 7 months ago and I bought it just for this reason and it was the best thing I did. It got my skills brushed off and helped me know what to expect and despite its issues I played 230 hours of it

3. Watching YouTube rebuilds - Most of these are cringe with unrealistic stuff, but for some reason I enjoy them and its inspired me make some of my own

4. Teambuilder Ideals - A risky one since it may not be in, but I've got 5 teams I already want to create

5. Bought a PlayStation portal - I wanted to get one in hand while they are still hard to find. I will get use to it and allows me to play or check stuff at work

Last edited by georgiafan; 05-06-2024 at 11:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2024, 02:57 PM   #12
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

I don’t think Athlon is doing their magazine anymore. After the SI buyout, and then SI going full digital. But Lindys comes out end of May.
Old 05-07-2024, 10:59 AM   #13
Rookie

My main prerelease ritual has been taken away by NIL. I would begin to download all the Spring Perspectives for all FBS schools in PDF form (or bookmark if the guide was HTML only) as I prepared to name all the players on all the rosters. It would take me about a month to perform that task, which meant I had mostly named rosters two weeks before the season.
Old 05-07-2024, 11:13 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

Buy lots of beer, play game

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2024, 09:22 AM   #15
Rookie

zbundy3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Fan
As someone who's old enough to have played nearly every EA CFB game, this time of the year used to be filled with great anticipation of the game. Each year (leading up to the release) I performed several pre-release rituals to enhance my game experience.

Having waited nearly 11 years, this year's release marks a special anticipation for the game. I sure many of you have your own pre-release ritual. Here's a few of mine:

1. Purchase of Athlon Sports/Phil Steele magazine
2. Re-watch prior year games (particularly rivalry and bowl games)
3. Play prior Madden a little more intensely (considering that past CFB games were a improved hybrid of the prior year's Madden).

What are your rituals?
Were you around for the days of the website, i think it was called ncaadynasties where you would mail your memory card where he would upload the roster with the real names in it? i think that site is what originally brought me to operation sports.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2024, 01:48 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbundy3
Were you around for the days of the website, i think it was called ncaadynasties where you would mail your memory card where he would upload the roster with the real names in it? i think that site is what originally brought me to operation sports.

i was around for that, there was one guy who also charged for his roster, his where really good , i believe his name was black lover

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »