Home

Different Broadcast Teams Confirmed by Kirk

This is a discussion on Different Broadcast Teams Confirmed by Kirk within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2024, 10:12 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Different Broadcast Teams Confirmed by Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
It is. The main question is who's going to partner with Jesse Palmer. Chris Fowler is the Play by Play guy and Herbstreit is the Color Commentator for that pairing. Jesse Palmer is a color commentator, so he'll need a Play by Play guy with him. I always had a feeling that Kevin Connors was going to be the Studio Updates guy and his post about halftime script. But, I thought there would be an outside chance of him being a Play by Play since he did play by Play in college basketball. But, Connors confirmed that he's the Studio Updates and Halftime reporter. So, we're waiting to see who else will be a broadcaster. The rest of announced guys are likely to just be Gameday. Rece Davis has history doing Play by Play, but that's mainly for select games. So, it'll be Davis or an unannounced guy. I doubt Desmond Howard and Pollock would be play by play guys.

I do hope that Kevin Connors does Studio Updates akin to NFL 2k5, not just like NCAA 14. I hope they actually show clips of other games and not just read a box score.
Highlights of other games at halftime would be sweet.

But I doubt EA delivers that to us.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2024, 10:37 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Highlights of other games at halftime would be sweet.

But I doubt EA delivers that to us.
I mean, I doubt that they would just bring back the Studio Updates that were in NCAA 14. It'd be nice to see Studio Updates again. But, it would be disappointing if we just see the box score pop up and Connors reading off the box score again. I am okay with that for the in-game updates being like they were in NCAA 14, but it would be nice for the half time show to have clips from other games. It's nice to have the studio in-game updates, but for Dynasty to feel like a living breathing world, it'll be nice to see clips from other games. I don't want to pull this card, but if 2k was able to do this TWENTY years ago THREE generations ago, then EA should be capable of it.

I just hope with the In-Game Studio Updates, the Sim engine is more accurate and realistic. It felt like in NCAA 14, the Sim Stats engine was based on 5 minute quarters or something.
Old 03-10-2024, 12:27 AM   #27
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

OVR: 0

I could see Connors and Palmer working the studio, the same way Rece Davis and David Pollack worked the halftime show.

I do wonder if the other broadcast team participants aren't allowed to say anything, yet. Bring back Brad Nessler and pair him with Gary Danielson in the game. This is just pure speculation, though.
Old 03-10-2024, 08:13 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
I could see Connors and Palmer working the studio, the same way Rece Davis and David Pollack worked the halftime show.

I do wonder if the other broadcast team participants aren't allowed to say anything, yet. Bring back Brad Nessler and pair him with Gary Danielson in the game. This is just pure speculation, though.
I keep saying Palmer as apart of a different broadcast team because he does do color commentary. I just don't think they would do 2 studio guys, unless EA is doing something over the top. I don't really expect to hear anything from Pollack, Rece, or Howard until the the presentation blog if they're doing GameDay. Palmer isn't on social media heavy. It just seemed like Herbstreit, Fowler, and Connors were excited to talk to the game.

When it comes to other participants, I want to say who was announced is who we got. When it comes to Nessler(along with Corso), I just think age plays a factor. Fowler and Herbstreit said they will have recorded around 80 hours of lines and Connors said he did at least 25 two hour sessions. I just don't see Nessler(Same with Danielson) putting in those type of hours for a video game at his age. I'm not sure if they want to stick to ESPN talent this time around.

I do want to hear in one of these interviews the difference in hours recorded now and in the past. It feels like it has to be a drastic difference. It's a difference between being flown out to EA Tiburon for a few days and doing things remote(likely from home). I just think the announcers had the availability to get flown out multiple times to match the type of hours they are doing remote. But, its easy to say that because that because they had multiple years to do remote recordings. Herbstreit touched on it a little bit, but wish his sons had better planned questions and not just ask community questions.
Old 03-10-2024, 08:16 AM   #29
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I keep saying Palmer as apart of a different broadcast team because he does do color commentary. I just don't think they would do 2 studio guys, unless EA is doing something over the top. I don't really expect to hear anything from Pollack, Rece, or Howard until the the presentation blog if they're doing GameDay. Palmer isn't on social media heavy. It just seemed like Herbstreit, Fowler, and Connors were excited to talk to the game.

When it comes to other participants, I want to say who was announced is who we got. When it comes to Nessler(along with Corso), I just think age plays a factor. Fowler and Herbstreit said they will have recorded around 80 hours of lines and Connors said he did at least 25 two hour sessions. I just don't see Nessler(Same with Danielson) putting in those type of hours for a video game at his age. I'm not sure if they want to stick to ESPN talent this time around.

I do want to hear in one of these interviews the difference in hours recorded now and in the past. It feels like it has to be a drastic difference. It's a difference between being flown out to EA Tiburon for a few days and doing things remote(likely from home). I just think the announcers had the availability to get flown out multiple times to match the type of hours they are doing remote. But, its easy to say that because that because they had multiple years to do remote recordings. Herbstreit touched on it a little bit, but wish his sons had better planned questions and not just ask community questions.
For sure with Corso he is getting up there. Him to try and record 80 hours of content might be asking a bit much.
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-10-2024, 08:45 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
For sure with Corso he is getting up there. Him to try and record 80 hours of content might be asking a bit much.
I feel the GameDay guy are at least half the time as the broadcast guys. If Kevin Connors said he did about 50 hours of sessions, then I think the GameDay guys are around that time. But, it's a difference between doing sessions for calling games or even in-game reporting and doing GameDay. With Calling Games(even in game reporting), it's all situational and reacting off of the game playes. So, you have to have a tons of lines for every situation. Whereas with GameDay, everything can just be scripted. It just depends on how in depth they want to go with it. They just need to find a middle ground. They can't go too shallow, where people will just skip it. But at same, don't think they'll go too in depth because people will still skip it if it exceeds a certain time and they just want to play games. I think if they could keep the potential GameDay segment within 2-3 minutes, that's a good time for them to introduce themselves, go over the matchup, and pick a winner. I don't see GameDay talking about other games going on.

As was stated in the other threads, I think most would be satisfied if they would just show Corso putting on the mascot head or Helmet. He wouldn't even need to speak. But, we would understand with his health, if it wasn't involved at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »