Home

Different Broadcast Teams Confirmed by Kirk

This is a discussion on Different Broadcast Teams Confirmed by Kirk within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2024, 09:08 AM   #17
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Different Broadcast Teams Confirmed by Kirk

Yea you would assume the marketing people at EA would be smart enough to keep on feeding the info until May. They are plenty of smaller stuff they can release that will make news now which will get swallowed up when the major stuff comes.

I wonder what else we could see as seems like the commentary is getting the leaks now. I wonder when they will go over ratings because that would make for some easy content to put out. However they may not want to make anyone mad with lower ratings then they think the should be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I do like that there's been a good slow trickle of info coming out. I did have a little fear that after the commercial last month, that we would go 3 months without hearing anything. But with the NIL aspect and the ESPN guys giving bread crumbs, there has been something each week. I do think most of it has been intentional, while some have been "leaks". I the Fowler updates were intentional and the Kevin Connors post was intentional. You don't unintentionally leak some of the half time script. But, I would consider some things "leaked". I would consider Herbstreit saying that their multiple broadcast teams a leak. It is assumed that Gameday is in, but not that there are multiple broadcast teams. I'd consider that Connors saying that he's Studio Updates guy and Halftime reporter, a leak as well. It's not a complete surprise, but it was confirmed. If you looked up his info, you'd see that he was more of a Studio guy anyway and after he had the Halftime script post, that he would do those things. I been saying for a while that he would at least be the Studio Updates guy. But, him saying that some players will have hoods hanging out of jersey is definitely a leak.

I just hope we continue to see bread crumbs here and there until the full reveal in May. That way, the buzz doesn't die down
Old 03-08-2024, 10:26 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Yea you would assume the marketing people at EA would be smart enough to keep on feeding the info until May. They are plenty of smaller stuff they can release that will make news now which will get swallowed up when the major stuff comes.

I wonder what else we could see as seems like the commentary is getting the leaks now. I wonder when they will go over ratings because that would make for some easy content to put out. However they may not want to make anyone mad with lower ratings then they think the should be.
I think for now, mostly little commentary related tidbits. Fowler has said he'll do updates here and there. Herbstreit told his sons to write down 20 questions for him to ask his guy with knowledge for the next stream in a few weeks. I do think we'll see some teases here and there.

Maybe we'll see some mo-cap pictures or "leaks" here and there. I think most of what we'll see before the full reveal are stuff that will get overshadowed by the major stuff. I wouldn't expect Presentation, Equipment, Game Modes, Back of Box worthy features before the reveal. I would love to see Dev Diaries prior to release. With the game being away for over a decade, I would love to see a series of Dev Dairies on how they approached the making of the game
Old 03-08-2024, 07:22 PM   #19
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
2 million views on his first update? That's crazy. This game might sell better than I thought.
Yes I agree it has been gone for 11 years, the game might get close to 1 million dollars in pre-orders alone.

Arkansas Razorbacks
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions
Old 03-08-2024, 09:14 PM   #20
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

This is a crazy awesome feature, I mean WOW
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
This is a crazy awesome feature, I mean WOW
It is. The main question is who's going to partner with Jesse Palmer. Chris Fowler is the Play by Play guy and Herbstreit is the Color Commentator for that pairing. Jesse Palmer is a color commentator, so he'll need a Play by Play guy with him. I always had a feeling that Kevin Connors was going to be the Studio Updates guy and his post about halftime script. But, I thought there would be an outside chance of him being a Play by Play since he did play by Play in college basketball. But, Connors confirmed that he's the Studio Updates and Halftime reporter. So, we're waiting to see who else will be a broadcaster. The rest of announced guys are likely to just be Gameday. Rece Davis has history doing Play by Play, but that's mainly for select games. So, it'll be Davis or an unannounced guy. I doubt Desmond Howard and Pollock would be play by play guys.

I do hope that Kevin Connors does Studio Updates akin to NFL 2k5, not just like NCAA 14. I hope they actually show clips of other games and not just read a box score.

Last edited by illwill10; 03-08-2024 at 10:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2024, 07:03 AM   #22
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
It is. The main question is who's going to partner with Jesse Palmer. Chris Fowler is the Play by Play guy and Herbstreit is the Color Commentator for that pairing. Jesse Palmer is a color commentator, so he'll need a Play by Play guy with him. I always had a feeling that Kevin Connors was going to be the Studio Updates guy and his post about halftime script. But, I thought there would be an outside chance of him being a Play by Play since he did play by Play in college basketball. But, Connors confirmed that he's the Studio Updates and Halftime reporter. So, we're waiting to see who else will be a broadcaster. The rest of announced guys are likely to just be Gameday. Rece Davis has history doing Play by Play, but that's mainly for select games. So, it'll be Davis or an unannounced guy. I doubt Desmond Howard and Pollock would be play by play guys.

I do hope that Kevin Connors does Studio Updates akin to NFL 2k5, not just like NCAA 14. I hope they actually show clips of other games and not just read a box score.
This game is shaping up to be special. We just have to hope the game play matches everything else.
Old 03-09-2024, 12:49 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
This game is shaping up to be special. We just have to hope the game play matches everything else.
That's what is going to make or break this game. It seems like they are going all out on atmosphere and presentation, but Gameplay is king. There's a lot of little naunances that need to be reflected in order to make this feel different than Madden. An up-tempo offense can't just feel like you're running no-huddle on Madden. The option types plays need to be ran efficiently and have defensive counters. I would like to see the tendencies of these offenses and defenses depicted. These are College QBs, who about 95% aren't going to the league. So they aren't sitting in the pocket and reading defenses or making multiple progressions. I would like to see the CPU QBs target their first reads more. Even though they are allowing Helmet communication now, I still like to see these No Huddle Spread teams, all look over to the sideline to see the signs. I would like to see some offenses initiate the play by doing the clapping gestures. The wider hash marks having a bigger effect. The different rules that are in College Football

There's a lot of finer details of college football that needs to be depicted for this game to be a success
Old 03-09-2024, 01:05 PM   #24
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
That's what is going to make or break this game. It seems like they are going all out on atmosphere and presentation, but Gameplay is king. There's a lot of little naunances that need to be reflected in order to make this feel different than Madden. An up-tempo offense can't just feel like you're running no-huddle on Madden. The option types plays need to be ran efficiently and have defensive counters. I would like to see the tendencies of these offenses and defenses depicted. These are College QBs, who about 95% aren't going to the league. So they aren't sitting in the pocket and reading defenses or making multiple progressions. I would like to see the CPU QBs target their first reads more. Even though they are allowing Helmet communication now, I still like to see these No Huddle Spread teams, all look over to the sideline to see the signs. I would like to see some offenses initiate the play by doing the clapping gestures. The wider hash marks having a bigger effect. The different rules that are in College Football

There's a lot of finer details of college football that needs to be depicted for this game to be a success
very true, they had it down pat with the game before it went away so I am hoping its the same team as last time working on it or some of them

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »