Home

New tidbits from ESPN - NIL, Dynasty, Realignment, Bowls, Coaches, Playbooks, etc.

This is a discussion on New tidbits from ESPN - NIL, Dynasty, Realignment, Bowls, Coaches, Playbooks, etc. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2024, 08:28 AM   #73
Rookie

rupe's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: New tidbits from ESPN - NIL, Dynasty, Realignment, Bowls, Coaches, Playbooks, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
It would be nice for the Face Scan app to be back for coaches. It was in the NCAA 14 game. Besides maybe UFC in the past, it seems like EA Sports went away from having the face scan app. That would be cool to bring it back. That has became a staple in sports games.

Only other thing about coaches I want is to expand their coach profile have an expanded tendencies. For me, it's not enough to have different playbooks and basic tendencies. I want coaches to have a bigger impact on the field. My ultimate goal would be for me to assign the same playbook to two different coaches and the games being called totally different
I've played 1,000s of hours of this game and never knew there was a coach face scan app. Damn!!!
Old 03-25-2024, 08:47 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: New tidbits from ESPN - NIL, Dynasty, Realignment, Bowls, Coaches, Playbooks, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Well looks like with their latest info we will not be able to edit NIl players

That's a bummer

Was hoping we could at least edit the names if nothing else.

So it appears for rosters the only option to edit is once you get inside your dynasty mode but it won't be shareable
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmgraul75
That stinks

I was expecting that. A player who opts out would have a valid lawsuit against EA if they provided a mechanism where users could add them. I also made this point about schools who opt out would not be able to be created in Team Builder, if that function exists. They turned down money so as not to be included, so EA can't create a backdoor for the users to put them in against their will. Using a DB editor that is not provided by EA, such as the Dynasty Editor, would be the only way to get them in the game without EA getting sued.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:56 AM   #75
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupe
I've played 1,000s of hours of this game and never knew there was a coach face scan app. Damn!!!
I'm not sure if NCAA 14 was the only one, but I do remember when I played it 5 years ago, that there was an ability to upload face scan for your coach and RTG. I never played NCAA 14 when it came out until 5 years ago. So, when I did both the face scan app and Teambuilder site was no longer active.

It would be cool if they brought it back. I still feel like NBA Live 18 had one of the best simplest face scan apps

Last edited by illwill10; 03-25-2024 at 08:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2024, 09:49 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I'm not sure if NCAA 14 was the only one, but I do remember when I played it 5 years ago, that there was an ability to upload face scan for your coach and RTG. I never played NCAA 14 when it came out until 5 years ago. So, when I did both the face scan app and Teambuilder site was no longer active.

It would be cool if they brought it back. I still feel like NBA Live 18 had one of the best simplest face scan apps
The reason why is that it's a security risk to have 100s of thousands of people's faces stored somewhere. Risk in the corporate world means you have to invest more money in the infrastructure to protect that type of data. EA doesn't want to spend the money to protect data like that when it has to make investments in other areas.
Old 03-25-2024, 11:36 AM   #77
MVP

OVR: 2

in dynasty, are we gonna be able to change jersey numbers then?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-25-2024, 12:34 PM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooge 1010
in dynasty, are we gonna be able to change jersey numbers then?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I would expect we can. It sounds like they will prevent editing (possibly just the name, but could more of all fields) for real players who opted out. Editing could be prevented in the game UI by having a flag on the player's record that will tell the game UI if editing is permitted. I expect every dynasty created player (IE recruits) will have that flag cleared and allow you to edit all fields for that player.
Old 03-25-2024, 05:19 PM   #79
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadiplomat04
The reason why is that it's a security risk to have 100s of thousands of people's faces stored somewhere. Risk in the corporate world means you have to invest more money in the infrastructure to protect that type of data. EA doesn't want to spend the money to protect data like that when it has to make investments in other areas.
This is what I don't get. I can create Ed O'Bannon in NBA2K, Madden, MLB the Show, Fortnite, Call of Duty, Wheel of Fortune, Minecraft, Forklift Simulator, but there's this one game that even right now thinks it is in risky territory of being sued when all it needs to do to be secure is play by the current precedent that is in place for every other video game, and they aren't at risk of lawsuit. If EA thinks it wise to be overboard with an over abundance of caution, this is when the vultures and sharks smell blood in the water and know if they nitpick hard enough, something will shake loose.
#44Syracuse
Old 03-26-2024, 08:09 AM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
This is what I don't get. I can create Ed O'Bannon in NBA2K, Madden, MLB the Show, Fortnite, Call of Duty, Wheel of Fortune, Minecraft, Forklift Simulator, but there's this one game that even right now thinks it is in risky territory of being sued when all it needs to do to be secure is play by the current precedent that is in place for every other video game, and they aren't at risk of lawsuit. If EA thinks it wise to be overboard with an over abundance of caution, this is when the vultures and sharks smell blood in the water and know if they nitpick hard enough, something will shake loose.

I'm not sure that I am following. I think you misunderstand the issue if you are suggesting you will not be able to make Ed O'Bannon in the upcoming football game UNLESS they will not allow users to create players, which I doubt. Ed O'Bannon is a real person, but he isn't a current (or former) college football player. They are not going to have a database of celebrities / famous people and prevent you from creating players with those names. Ed O'Bannon cannot sue EA because they allowed a user to create a 51-year old true freshman 6'8" QB for UCLA named Ed O'Bannon because it is not a real player.

They will prevent you from entering the name "Arch Manning" in the generated QB #2 for Texas since he opted out of the game. They will probably prevent you creating Arch Manning, QB, Texas but may allow you to create Arch Manning, WR, Akron since that is not a real player nor his likeness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »