Home

Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25

This is a discussion on Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-23-2024, 05:59 PM   #97
Rookie

CrizzleDizzle13's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA Sports Sending Player NIL Contracts Today to Opt In For College Football 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadiplomat04
That isn't correct. You will be able to edit players that opt in. That would be a considerable change from how EA handles licensed players (ie- Madden). Also, I wouldn't believe anything coming from 247 as they were the same one pushing the CFP national championship commercial conspiracy. Only trust reliable sources like Matt Brown.

Thank you. That didn’t seem to make sense to me either and was hoping it was wrong. I am hopeful most of the best players for all the top teams will opt in but who knows. I guess we will know more by 4/30.
Old 02-23-2024, 07:22 PM   #98
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: EA Sports Sending Player NIL Contracts Today to Opt In For College Football 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
So 600 every year you're in the game. The contract's lifespan is from the moment you sign your name, all the way through the end of your final season. So seniors are in for a year, freshmen potentially 4 years (I don't know if redshirt players are part of the 85).

The Top 200-ish players were approached to be ambassadors, with those agreements being potentially 4 to 5 figures.
Players are signed for their full college eligibility, so redshirt years they still get paid. They may or may not be in the game but they get paid as long as they are on the team.

EA was smart with locking players into the contract for their entire college playing time. That way they don’t have to do it every year. They will just have to pay the top players to keep them in the game.

Some of the terms are worrying though so the players with value definitely would be smart to negotiate separate deals. That issue somewhat stops in the future as EA gets them to sign the contract as a freshman and they are locked in.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2024, 01:09 AM   #99
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports sending out player NIL contracts today

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Which is why I'm going to make sure I get a physical copy of this game. I know eyes will be watching. And it would be that way whether they were getting paid $600 or $30k.
Yeah, I want a physical disc, then worst case scenario comes to pass, I treasure that disc and squeeze every ounce of entertainment out of it for the next ten years.
#44Syracuse
Old 02-26-2024, 09:44 PM   #100
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

A couple of bigger names

Old 02-26-2024, 10:12 PM   #101
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Anyone publicly opted out yet besides that Duke LB who I am pretty sure is a walk-on making light of the situation?

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2024, 01:58 AM   #102
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: EA Sports sending out player NIL contracts today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
First version, in what? a decade?

Rumors have been its not the same Dev team as Madden.

I would bet this version will sell very well.

Took me a minute to find... but Matt Brown says that people in the industry would expect EACFB25 to be a "success" if it sold 15-30% total revenue (including Ultimate team for both) of what Madden does

28:55 - 31:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5_cJyvaSjg
Old 02-27-2024, 08:43 PM   #103
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Old 02-27-2024, 09:47 PM   #104
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

https://twitter.com/harrisonvapnek/s...IiLoLBWBw&s=19

Cool to see a coach embrace the game coming back and understanding how it can help market both the school's and player's brand

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »