Home

PlayStation 5

This is a discussion on PlayStation 5 within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2020, 03:43 AM   #33
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: PlayStation 5

beat astro playroom on ps5. I think it's only like a 4 hour game but lots of fun and man the way the rumble/triggers work is amazing. There was one area with like a jet back thing where the triggers give you this like sinsation like the air is coming back below you type of thing hard to explain but such a amazing/realistic fell to it. The last boss was epic hope they make like another Astros game but longer.
Old 11-18-2020, 03:45 AM   #34
All Star

So something I have noticed that is annoying and I got to think there is some setting in the systems settings but not sure what it would be called but when I like change input with ps5 on it like turns the system of.
Old 11-18-2020, 03:47 AM   #35
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
So something I have noticed that is annoying and I got to think there is some setting in the systems settings but not sure what it would be called but when I like change input with ps5 on it like turns the system of.

I think that’s called HDMI CeC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2020, 03:55 AM   #36
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001

Go to settings - system - hdmi - then turn off hdmi device link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 11-18-2020, 11:21 AM   #37
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I really have been enjoying the PS5 over the past few days. NBA2K is magnificent. Spiderman Remastered feels new and old at the same time. I watched my son play Miles Morales and while it looks good, I'm not wowed at this point. That could change once I actually play it. COD: Cold War is great. I see it hasn't gotten the greatest reception but I'm having a blast. Then again, I havent played COD since Infinite Warfare, was it? It's been a minute.

My negatives for the PS5 is just how cumbersome it feels to download strictly PS5 stuff. When I got COD, it had 3 campaign parts as add-ons. Then it gave me 3 options, multiplayer, zombies and arcade to download first. When I downloaded 2K21, it downloaded the current gen version first. Considering how little storage we have it be great if they simplified the UI.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-18-2020, 12:40 PM   #38
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Man, this is truly feeling "Next Gen".

1. The DualSense Controller. That alone is the next gen experience I have been craving. I haven't picked up a video game in about a month before this came out, and man, I am glad I didn't! The PS4 is a love of mine, but the PS5 is the "person she told you not to worry about". The triggers, the microphone, the vibrations, everything about it is truly immersive.

2. Astro. For a free game, this could most definitely be one of my most favorite games of all-time. My wife and I sat down and over the course of four days we beat it. Now, this game is only about 3-7 hours long depending on how much you just want to speed run or really take it in, but we didn't want to spoil ourselves. We did a level a day. Truly a callback to the history of PlayStation, and admittedly made me feel like I had misty eyes. Truly a remarkable game, please play it if you have not already. It demonstrates just how good our new friend the DualSense is, and the callbacks to our past of gaming was remarkable. Me being a complete Sony/PlayStation fan growing up with the PS1 and owning the 2,3,4, pro, PSP, etc...this was just so much fun collecting everything! Not a spoiler, but the last level is the true eye mister.

3. The download speeds!!! They are not held back any longer. What!? My PS4 sat at 78mbps, and the PS5 is running about 298mbps I want to say is the highest I have gotten it to? So awesome for getting games downloaded. I had Cold War downloaded in 30 minutes or so which is crazy for me. I have yet to have a download take over 30 minutes for sure.

4. PS+ Collection & BugSnax. Free is always awesome, but this is crazy. 20+ amazing games that I have and have no played now all digital and get to keep. Yes please. My wife is OBSESSED by BugSnax and can't put it down, it is a silly, but also kind of dark game! I'm not too into it, but I see their market for it absolutely.

5. Then I got my PS5 on release day at around 11:30pm Mountain time, and received it at 3:15pm that Friday. PlayStation Direct came up very clutch and being a PS+ member with that 1-2 day shipping. Saw someone ask this above!

6. A++++ 10/10. I have had zero issues with it. I have been gaming, watching movies, streaming. It is my home entertainment system now for sure. I feel like there is just so much more I could share about it that I have left out, but this post is already getting ridiculously long! So, if anyone has any questions I will gladly do my best to answer them

Happy gaming!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2020, 06:49 PM   #39
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
PlayStation 5

After yesterday’s ps5 update my spider man hasn’t crashed which is great news.

Edit: it just froze again smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Artman22; 11-18-2020 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:26 PM   #40
MVP

sbauer318's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22
After yesterday’s ps5 update my spider man hasn’t crashed which is great news.

Edit: it just froze again smh

I can’t play it without freezing. COD also freezes within five minutes. I was crash/freeze free before the last system update.

So far, I haven’t experienced a freeze while playing Demon’s Souls so that’s something.

NFL: Baltimore Ravens

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »