Home

Xbox Series (X/S)

This is a discussion on Xbox Series (X/S) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-06-2020, 02:44 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Xbox Series (X/S)

Sure having a new exclusive day 1 would be great because is a new game but not the reason people buying consoles day 1

Sorry but I do not believe there is such thing as a system seller. That is bogus because I bet you sony fans are not going to cancel their pre orders if tomorrow we wake up and Sony says they had to cancel Demon Souls and Ratchet and Clank or had to delay them due to bugs for an extended period of time.

They will still buy the console because they are investing in the next 6 years for what it will do for them.

Remember that those who buy PS5 and Series X day one are enthusiasts which are the minority when it comes to console owners.

Casuals who make up the bulk of sales buy when is convenient and maybe a price reduction or sale. They do not care about exclusives

Why do you think the best selling games on PS4 are multi plats. And I do not mean combined sales with xbox. I mean just on playstation.

Casual gamers buy and play madden, 2k, cod most of the time.

God of War I believe is the most sold ps4 game this gen with about 18 million which is a great number but when sony has 120 million consoles sold you see why it sells to enthusiasts not the bulk owners.

18 million is a great number for Santa Monica studios because they made profit on a great game. But you cant tell me it was a system seller when very few people actually went and bought one for god of war.

I know that series x will have

Valhalla
Watch Dogs
Updated Madden
New 2K21
COD Cold War
Updated Gears 5
Updated Fifa
CyberPunk

All in the span of the launch window and all will show the power of the console

Later into next year MLB the show, and other fantastic games

I bet that by the end of November PS5 owners will be putting the most hours into COD, Madden, 2K21 just like it will be doing on series X

Those are the reasons why people upgrade. Because you can play MM on PS4 and Demon Souls is a niche audience. I bet a ton of ps5 owners will buy Demon Souls because it is a great looking game that they can experience day one but 80% of them will drop the game shortly after because is not an easy game and not the type of game they like.
Old 11-06-2020, 03:05 AM   #18
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
Sure having a new exclusive day 1 would be great because is a new game but not the reason people buying consoles day 1

Sorry but I do not believe there is such thing as a system seller. That is bogus because I bet you sony fans are not going to cancel their pre orders if tomorrow we wake up and Sony says they had to cancel Demon Souls and Ratchet and Clank or had to delay them due to bugs for an extended period of time.

They will still buy the console because they are investing in the next 6 years for what it will do for them.

Remember that those who buy PS5 and Series X day one are enthusiasts which are the minority when it comes to console owners.

Casuals who make up the bulk of sales buy when is convenient and maybe a price reduction or sale. They do not care about exclusives

Why do you think the best selling games on PS4 are multi plats. And I do not mean combined sales with xbox. I mean just on playstation.

God of War I believe is the most sold ps4 game this gen with about 18 million which is a great number but when sony has 120 million consoles sold you see why it sells to enthusiasts not the bulk owners.

18 million is a great number for Santa Monica studios because they made profit on a great game. But you cant tell me it was a system seller when very few people actually went and bought one for god of war.

Valhalla
Watch Dogs
Updated Madden
New 2K21
COD Cold War
Updated Gears 5
Updated Fifa
CyberPunk

I bet that by the end of November PS5 owners will be putting the most hours into COD, Madden, 2K21 just like it will be doing on series X

Those are the reasons why people upgrade. Because you can play MM on PS4 and Demon Souls is a niche audience. I bet a ton of ps5 owners will buy Demon Souls because it is a great looking game that they can experience day one but 80% of them will drop the game shortly after because is not an easy game and not the type of game they like.

Gamer, I bought a ps3 because of MLB the show. My ps3 was for 2 things, Mlb the show and Blu-ray. I used my 360 for EVERYTHING else. If you went on the Mlb forums years ago there were a ton of guys who bought a PlayStation just for that game. I know die hard Xbox guys who bought a Ps4 just for God of war even some of my colleagues at work. I know that there will be multiplatform games and the majority of us will buy and play those games, but imagine if Xbox had that one must cop game and it was launching with the series x. The excitement levels would be even higher. That’s all I’m trying to say. Realistically, only 3 games catch my interest right now. One is Miles Morales on the ps5 and next gen madden and NBA2K21 on the series x. I’m going to also try out some of the older games like gears 5 to see how they look. If none of those games were coming I’d probably still get the systems but I wouldn’t be as excited. With that said Tuesday can’t come soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2020, 10:46 AM   #19
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx

Valhalla
Watch Dogs
Updated Madden
New 2K21
COD Cold War
Updated Gears 5
Updated Fifa
CyberPunk

Going to have to disagree with you. I am still salty at Sony for the way they handled their preorders leaving me and so many others out in the cold, but I’d sure like to be playing Miles Morales and Demons Souls next week.
Old 11-06-2020, 01:14 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
Going to have to disagree with you. I am still salty at Sony for the way they handled their preorders leaving me and so many others out in the cold, but I’d sure like to be playing Miles Morales and Demons Souls next week.
If those 2 games were set to release next year would you still buy a ps5 if available to you day 1?
Old 11-06-2020, 01:38 PM   #21
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

I saw that Godfall was only a 6 month timed exclusive, which is funny to me because that part came out like a day ago.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2020, 04:40 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
I saw that Godfall was only a 6 month timed exclusive, which is funny to me because that part came out like a day ago.

Surprised that Godfall seems to only be a 6 month timed exclusive as I was expecting it to be a year but May/June 2021 is good as it already gives me a game for that time frame.
Old 11-06-2020, 11:14 PM   #23
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

If you wanted an early system, it seems like Walmart was the way to go! I would assume it doesn't help with games like Valhalla, but an early system is an early system.

Old 11-07-2020, 12:16 AM   #24
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
If you wanted an early system, it seems like Walmart was the way to go! I would assume it doesn't help with games like Valhalla, but an early system is an early system.

I ordered mine from Walmart and it hasn't shipped nor have I even been charged yet. So not sure how these people are getting these consoles early.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »