Home

Xbox Series (X/S)

This is a discussion on Xbox Series (X/S) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-05-2020, 04:06 PM   #9
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Xbox Series (X/S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxGamerXx
Consoles should be reviewed like GPU are reviewed. It is hardware and it needs to be able to show me that it is a powerful hardware and has great thermals and noise reduction. I know if the specs and thermals are there the games coming will be great.

Am seeing series x reviews and they complain their is nothing to play that is exclusive. Ok well we do know those are coming but i am buying a ps5 and a series x to play all games not just exclusives at the best possible frame rate and resolution possible. that is what i care about
If you (Website) want to review a Launch, to me which would include Hardware/Games, that's one thing, but to your point, Series X/S can't help Halo didn't come out or that things got delayed. Judge the Hardware for the Hardware and the Launch as the Launch.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2020, 04:57 PM   #10
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Consoles should be reviewed like GPU are reviewed. It is hardware and it needs to be able to show me that it is a powerful hardware and has great thermals and noise reduction. I know if the specs and thermals are there the games coming will be great.

Am seeing series x reviews and they complain their is nothing to play that is exclusive. Ok well we do know those are coming but i am buying a ps5 and a series x to play all games not just exclusives at the best possible frame rate and resolution possible. that is what i care about

I agree with you, but If Xbox had a crazy good exclusive to come out at launch it would’ve been clutch. I can’t wait to see what Xbox brings to the table this generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2020, 06:14 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22
I agree with you, but If Xbox had a crazy good exclusive to come out at launch it would’ve been clutch. I can’t wait to see what Xbox brings to the table this generation.

Halo Infinite can have come out on release and scored a 9 and if that gave the xbox one x a 9 score that is stupid. How about if the rest of the next 6 years the xbox has no great exclusives? The score still stands but it failed to deliver on what they claim is important.

Hardware should be reviewed as hardware not software.

You want to know the power of the X? Go look at what was accomplished with Valhalla at 60fps 4k

Go look at what it does without patches to a ton of xbox one games and older games

Go see how Gears 5 has been updated to better than pc ultra textures.

Those are the things I need to know because it tells me what I need to know about the console.

I dont need a good halo game or exclusive at launch to sell me on the console that I am buying for what it does for me in 6 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2020, 10:07 PM   #12
MVP

As of a few hours ago, the overall rating was an 8.3/10 on MetaCritic out of 24 scored reviews which excludes all the reviews that were not scored.

I honestly was expecting an 8.5/10 overall with the negatives being no first party AAA title and the lack of innovation with the controller.

For me personally, I will have Watch Dogs Legion, Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Gears Tactics at launch with Immortals Fenyx Rising in December so im good but there are a lot of gamers who wanted a top tier AAA first party exclusive that is also a visual showcase for the power, specifications and capabilities of the Xbox Series X.

There's no disputing the hardware of Xbox Series X but not having that first party AAA exclusive to showcase the hardware visually is disappointing because when you look at Xbox One, it had Forza Motorsport 5 and Ryse: Son of Rome. Ryse still holds up 7 years later visually.

Everyone is going to have their own individual preferences and whatnot but I do understand the point of view from those who were hoping for that Ryse visual showcase game from the first party studios.

At this point, I have plenty of games to play and not really expecting anything until 2022 except for Halo Infinite in a year from now and hopefully Wolfenstein III in the spring/summer 2021. Basically, it's just a wait and see.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:28 PM   #13
MVP

Artman22's Arena

Quote:
Halo Infinite can have come out on release and scored a 9 and if that gave the xbox one x a 9 score that is stupid. How about if the rest of the next 6 years the xbox has no great exclusives? The score still stands but it failed to deliver on what they claim is important.

Hardware should be reviewed as hardware not software.

You want to know the power of the X? Go look at what was accomplished with Valhalla at 60fps 4k

Go look at what it does without patches to a ton of xbox one games and older games

Go see how Gears 5 has been updated to better than pc ultra textures.

Those are the things I need to know because it tells me what I need to know about the console.

I dont need a good halo game or exclusive at launch to sell me on the console that I am buying for what it does for me in 6 years.

Ummmm, did you read what I posted? I agreed with you but said having a great launch exclusive helps. Anyone who’s been following these next gen consoles knows the series x is a beast and I’m getting both at launch, but having a system seller game at launch only helps them and also drives even more interest. To believe the contrary is asinine.

Old 11-05-2020, 10:38 PM   #14
MVP

Artman22's Arena

To add to my previous post. I know a ton of people who said they’re going to buy the series x but aren’t in a rush to buy it yet because there’s no game they really want yet. I always get consoles at launch no matter what. These are new consoles so of obviously people are going to be excited to get them. And, that’s not everyone and Of course many of those people aren’t hardcore fans like us, but to say it doesn’t matter to have a fire exclusive game at launch is a massive head scratcher.

Old 11-05-2020, 10:42 PM   #15
MVP

Artman22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter42O
As of a few hours ago, the overall rating was an 8.3/10 on MetaCritic out of 24 scored reviews which excludes all the reviews that were not scored.

I honestly was expecting an 8.5/10 overall with the negatives being no first party AAA title and the lack of innovation with the controller.

For me personally, I will have Watch Dogs Legion, Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Gears Tactics at launch with Immortals Fenyx Rising in December so im good but there are a lot of gamers who wanted a top tier AAA first party exclusive that is also a visual showcase for the power, specifications and capabilities of the Xbox Series X.

There's no disputing the hardware of Xbox Series X but not having that first party AAA exclusive to showcase the hardware visually is disappointing because when you look at Xbox One, it had Forza Motorsport 5 and Ryse: Son of Rome. Ryse still holds up 7 years later visually.

Everyone is going to have their own individual preferences and whatnot but I do understand the point of view from those who were hoping for that Ryse visual showcase game from the first party studios.

At this point, I have plenty of games to play and not really expecting anything until 2022 except for Halo Infinite in a year from now and hopefully Wolfenstein III in the spring/summer 2021. Basically, it's just a wait and see.

Exactly Peter!...we know the series x is a beast but not having a great exclusive at launch does it hurt it a bit for now. I know eventually the games will start coming and it’ll show case the power of the system.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2020, 12:04 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22
Exactly Peter!...we know the series x is a beast but not having a great exclusive at launch does it hurt it a bit for now. I know eventually the games will start coming and it’ll show case the power of the system.

Once Halo Infinite was delayed, we all knew what the launch lineup was going to be and what is was lacking but on the positive side, the game needed to be delayed as opposed to being released with no Ray Tracing and being visually underwhelming. Glad Microsoft/Spencer made the extremely tough decision to delay the game but it needed to be delayed plus im guessing that they probably already had the ZeniMax deal agreed to and all that so they had a massive announcement before pre-orders to make up for the lack of Halo Infinite.

Pre-E3 2018, Microsoft literally only had 5 studios. 30 months later, they have 22 studios, 34 total teams plus Microsoft Global Publishing. It's just that nearly every studio over the last 30 months had just released a game or were going to before the launch of next gen.

It's just horrible timing more than anything. I do believe that once 2022 hits, we will have a steady stream of quality consistent titles to play. Plus, they're not done yet in regards to acquiring studios.

And while they don't have that "showcase" game for launch, the Xbox brand is still in a far better state than what it was 7 years ago. I am the most hyped for Xbox than I have been in over a decade. We just have to be patient.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »