Home

Xbox Series (X/S)

This is a discussion on Xbox Series (X/S) within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-03-2023, 01:48 PM   #1113
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Xbox Series (X/S)

Anybody with a Series S interested in buying an X-Screen? I have one and the carrying case that I need to part with.
Old 08-10-2023, 11:59 PM   #1114
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

This is probably a rhetorical question, but for my fellow Game Pass users on OS, does your status as a Game Pass subscriber heavily influence your game purchases or lack thereof?

This will be the first time in years that I'll be buying the new Madden, 2K and upcoming UFC game at full price, but I suspect that I'll be getting my value back in play-time tenfold. I digress.

When it comes to new releases, do you guys pause? I mean, do you think, "Hmm... should I just wait for a sale or for the game to come out onto Game Pass?" most of the time?

I'm bad about it, unless it's something I'm hyped over. Remnant 2 came out a few weeks ago. I was so close to impulsively buying it due to all the hype surrounding it, but truthfully, I was just looking for a game to pass the time until Madden's release in a few days. Thankfully, Rocket League ended up filling that void for me.
Old 08-11-2023, 03:20 AM   #1115
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassActFan
This is probably a rhetorical question, but for my fellow Game Pass users on OS, does your status as a Game Pass subscriber heavily influence your game purchases or lack thereof?

This will be the first time in years that I'll be buying the new Madden, 2K and upcoming UFC game at full price, but I suspect that I'll be getting my value back in play-time tenfold. I digress.

When it comes to new releases, do you guys pause? I mean, do you think, "Hmm... should I just wait for a sale or for the game to come out onto Game Pass?" most of the time?

I'm bad about it, unless it's something I'm hyped over. Remnant 2 came out a few weeks ago. I was so close to impulsively buying it due to all the hype surrounding it, but truthfully, I was just looking for a game to pass the time until Madden's release in a few days. Thankfully, Rocket League ended up filling that void for me.
Since coming back to Xbox this past Feb. What I have found (at least in my experience) is that Gamepass has given me the opportunity to try out titles I never would have tried before.

I don't think that Gamepass has influenced me one way or the other tbh...the majority of my game purchases have been through sales and what-not.

There really hasn't been anything coming out that I'm really interested in, I'm primarily a sports game fan (mainly football) and while the M24 didn't exactly sway me...I was gifted an early birthday present from my Wife, so I will end up getting the game.

I have really just waited for sales, especially for Ubisoft games, as those seem to go on deep sales pretty quick.

But I guess to answer you question, Gamepass really hasn't influenced me one way or the other.I will say though it's a great service.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2023, 07:32 AM   #1116
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

I don’t buy any games on Xbox. I just use gamepass. If I do buy a game it’s on switch or ps5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 08-11-2023, 07:36 AM   #1117
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
I don’t buy any games on Xbox. I just use gamepass. If I do buy a game it’s on switch or ps5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Was just about to say this, lol.

Xbox was just for Gamepass, I never made a single purchase.

If I did want to buy something typically I would for my Switch or PS5.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2023, 10:17 AM   #1118
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

I buy EA games when the trial expires. For Madden, yeah, I know I'd play beyond that but for other EA games it's how I approach it and it's saved me some money.

I pay annually for the PC EA Pro sub though, so doesn't really apply to Madden on console this year for me. I'll play it when it hits the vault in February and enjoy it on PC in the interim.

Right now is also a bit of a different time, between BG3 and Starfield there are a lot of games coming out I want to play and there simply isn't time for. Madden one of the few exceptions.
Old 08-12-2023, 06:56 PM   #1119
MVP

OVR: 0

Since Xbox Series X is my primary gaming console this generation, I buy all my third party multi-platform games on Xbox. First party wise, the only game im buying is Starfield premium edition. I want the Early Access, the first expansion and as someone who only subscribes to Game Pass when there's a day one game that I want to play, I decided to buy Starfield because im not completing the game as a $10 monthly rental which means that I would have to stay subscribed to Game Pass so I decided to just buy the game.

With that said, this is the only first party Microsoft game that im planning on buying because all the others on my list can most likely be completed within a month.
Old 08-14-2023, 11:56 AM   #1120
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I buy EA games when the trial expires. For Madden, yeah, I know I'd play beyond that but for other EA games it's how I approach it and it's saved me some money.

I pay annually for the PC EA Pro sub though, so doesn't really apply to Madden on console this year for me. I'll play it when it hits the vault in February and enjoy it on PC in the interim.

Right now is also a bit of a different time, between BG3 and Starfield there are a lot of games coming out I want to play and there simply isn't time for. Madden one of the few exceptions.
Starfield makes me wait more...I do end up getting stuff on sale (under 20 bucks), like recently i wanted Tiny Tina's Wonderlands and that was fun. I don't pay full price for anything anymore, though I'm tempted to buy NCAA at full price next year

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »