Home

Any chance EA or 2K make a new College Basketball game in the next 2-3 year?

This is a discussion on Any chance EA or 2K make a new College Basketball game in the next 2-3 year? within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-15-2024, 09:13 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Any chance EA or 2K make a new College Basketball game in the next 2-3 year?

Thank you. I want to eventually add more detail but I want feedback.

As for your theory, I think you’re 100% correct. I also think it helped for them to understand the framework of NIL and college licensing costs now, compared to over a decade ago.
Old 02-17-2024, 01:55 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Any chance EA or 2K make a new College Basketball game in the next 2-3 year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
Thank you. I want to eventually add more detail but I want feedback.

As for your theory, I think you’re 100% correct. I also think it helped for them to understand the framework of NIL and college licensing costs now, compared to over a decade ago.
I was hearing the delay on the NCAAF was because they couldn't figure out what to do with the portal, it's gotta be exponentially worse for basketball to figure out

although, now that I think about it, roster size vs total number of teams, the number of players in football would be more than the number of players in basketball even with 300+ teams, so maybe it would actually be easier
Old 02-17-2024, 06:52 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

The college football delay might’ve been one of several factors and you’re right, if you look at the financials section I built in the document, there’s actually less players to deal with.

It’s also safe to say the branding of colleges would be cheaper as well since the sport is less popular. I think college football learning about all of the new hurdles and building an infrastructure for college sports moving forward is huge. Now EA and likely other developers will have an understanding of the costs and labor up front. Now the big question is how many copies and revenue can college football create
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2024, 07:31 PM   #36
Just started!

OVR: 0

It's been way too long they might as well, especially since the college kids have NIL deals now. Cut that check!
Old 03-26-2024, 07:48 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Maybe either these two things College Basketball starts getting popular enough to be worth making a video game. The College Football Game by EA makes them want to make a College Basketball Game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »