Home

Any chance EA or 2K make a new College Basketball game in the next 2-3 year?

This is a discussion on Any chance EA or 2K make a new College Basketball game in the next 2-3 year? within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-16-2022, 01:09 PM   #17
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Any chance EA or 2K make a new College Basketball game in the next 2-3 year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh
Apparently EA has a new unannounced game coming in 2023… could it be college basketball?
Probably NBA Live or Fight Night

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Old 12-09-2022, 01:12 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Any chance EA or 2K make a new College Basketball game in the next 2-3 year?

Recently I've been craving a college bball game. 2k could literally copy their graphics and entire game but make a college bball version and I'd buy. Allow us to recruit and sign All-Americans, sift through the tansfer portal, and build a college dynasty similar to MyCareer/MyPlayer/MyGM. Im buying Day1. Even if its an expansion pack to 2k.
Old 12-22-2022, 11:25 AM   #19
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I always thought college basketball made for the best video games.....and I am not really a CBB fan 49 weeks out of the year. So I would definitely buy. But I always got the impression that the games didn't sell that well......which I never really understood.
Unfortunately, they didn't sell very well, which is why this thread was created. It remains to be hoped that soon we will see something interesting.
Old 03-11-2023, 10:36 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just make college hoops 2K8 available for download on the new consoles. Allow new rosters and I’d be happy.
Old 04-12-2023, 05:37 AM   #21
Just started!

I too would love to see a new College Hoops 2k game be released and also agree if college football can come back, theres no reason why basketball cant. However, seeing as theres always the chance it doesnt, does anyone else feel the same as i do that 2k should reopen the servers so at least we can can play 2k8 and be able to update rosters and conferemces? I know they have online zip files and such, but some of us dont have desktops or laptops to be able to actually succeed in getting them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2023, 02:20 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

2k8 will never be touched by 2k again. There's too much in terms of legality standing in the way.

Even though baseball is my favorite sport, then football, and basketball is somewhere down the list, College Hoops 2k8 still remains potentially my favorite sports game of all time and I am back to playing it still, 16 years later. I'm in year 4 of a Career Legacy and the game is still amazing. On the court it shows its age in some areas, but the recruiting is second to none to this day, the depth with coaching staffs is unmatched in any non-text sim besides modern NBA 2k games.

I cannot imagine how good a new College Hoops could be. I'd rather have it than see college football or NFL 2k return, honestly.

― Plato
Old 04-26-2023, 09:34 AM   #23
Just started!

I hear what you are saying about the legality end which is a real bummer. I would be awesome though in the same aspect. 2k8 was the last of the games, so 2k leaving the servers open would continue the game for years to come until the issue is or potentially becomes resolved.

On another note, i would be extactic if 2k came out with an NFL game to compete with what i feel is a "never improving" Madden franchise. I felt ESPN 2k5 was far superior to Madden. Unfortunately, EA has had exclusive rights to the NFL games.
Old 04-28-2023, 03:14 AM   #24
Rookie

WarSeagull's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltSwoosh
Would you buy it?

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max
Yes, not only would I buy it, I'd pre-order the most expensive version of the game just to show my support. While I know there isn't a great chance of a college basketball game happening, the NIL stuff with the College Football game at least opens the door a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »