Home

Any chance EA or 2K make a new College Basketball game in the next 2-3 year?

This is a discussion on Any chance EA or 2K make a new College Basketball game in the next 2-3 year? within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-21-2023, 08:54 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Any chance EA or 2K make a new College Basketball game in the next 2-3 year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildead
of course, need to try it, I think it will be a successful game
I think it will be successful as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2023, 02:30 PM   #26
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Any chance EA or 2K make a new College Basketball game in the next 2-3 year?

I can see 2k getting back in because of the foundation they already have to build it. All they would have to do is build the college game look and feel to the teams and fans. Go in depth with recruiting and scouting and all around Dynasty it will bring the life into 2k NBA games with the scouting with us being able to monitor players award history and stats upon drafting..
Old 11-06-2023, 08:29 AM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
2k8 will never be touched by 2k again. There's too much in terms of legality standing in the way.

Even though baseball is my favorite sport, then football, and basketball is somewhere down the list, College Hoops 2k8 still remains potentially my favorite sports game of all time and I am back to playing it still, 16 years later. I'm in year 4 of a Career Legacy and the game is still amazing. On the court it shows its age in some areas, but the recruiting is second to none to this day, the depth with coaching staffs is unmatched in any non-text sim besides modern NBA 2k games.

I cannot imagine how good a new College Hoops could be. I'd rather have it than see college football or NFL 2k return, honestly.

Yea the game play is way way backward and graphics is archaic compared to present. But yea.... the recruiting...the atmosphere... that make this game so classic!!!!

The VC was non existent and its pure patience in recruiting and pure gameplay makes the game so memorable IMO
Old 02-04-2024, 12:40 AM   #28
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I mean, I literally just finished a game in the 16th year of my Texas State legacy. I'm all in when/if another game comes out. I don't want EA Sports to do it, but at this point point a starving man wants a saltine cracker. This bloody game is older than my daughter who's a senior in HS!!!!! The players look like neanderthals.....yet here I am hopelessly hooked.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 02-09-2024, 10:57 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quickest chance of revival imo is college football selling a tonnnn of copies starting July. I think that and they setting the precedent of the new age and cost a college game is the first domino.

It’s not secret college basketball is more niche than football, but there are so many ways to make the game profitable
Old 02-10-2024, 10:33 PM   #30
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

I too hope they make another college basketball game, with NIL a thing now I think its a real possibility.
Old 02-15-2024, 07:33 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

For all us College Hoops hopefuls, I have created a document that has my plan for College Hoops Next Gen. This has the blueprint I would build for the next game including financials to show how this game would be profitable

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16XI...usp=drive_link

Looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2024, 08:38 PM   #32
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
For all us College Hoops hopefuls, I have created a document that has my plan for College Hoops Next Gen. This has the blueprint I would build for the next game including financials to show how this game would be profitable

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16XI...usp=drive_link

Looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks!
Wow great work man, that is very detailed.

EA just released a teaser trailer for College Football today with the full reveal coming sometime in May. My guess is and this has been said before but they might wait to see the reception that football gets before they make a college basketball game. It would be super fun though to play an entire season and keep track of your NET ranking, I think EA should ultimately make one but I guess time will tell.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »