Home

2011-12 Big East Thread

This is a discussion on 2011-12 Big East Thread within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-18-2011, 09:51 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: 2011-12 Big East Thread

Where did I wake up this morning? in the Bizarro world!? Syracuse, Pitt in the ACC (a country conference) what are you kidding me? Uconn and Rutgers to follow? What's next American flags made in China?
Old 09-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #18
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

9/18/11....RIP to the best college basketball conference we've ever seen.

Years from now we'll reminisce over how awesome the Big East tournaments were at MSG, how deep, tough and physical the conference was and how absolutely amazing the rivalries were (too many to name).

I guess this is the last "official" Big East annual thread here as well, let's enjoy it.

I wonder if the "Cathodic" aka non-football league will remain, it'd still pack some serious basketball power.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-18-2011, 11:10 AM   #19
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

Years from now we'll reminisce over how awesome the Big East tournaments were at MSG, how deep, tough and physical the conference was and how absolutely amazing the rivalries were (too many to name).

I guess this is the last "official" Big East annual thread here as well, let's enjoy it.

I wonder if the "Cathodic" aka non-football league will remain, it'd still pack some serious basketball power.
I hate this.

That is all.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh

I don't really care about college football; so through all the realignment talk I just wanted nothing to happen to Big East Basketball and now that it has, I am really disappointed.

2013 and 2015 OS NFL Pick'em Champ...somehow I won 2 in 3 years.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:49 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Not sure, but I think Big East Basketball will go on. I mean you have Georgetown, Marquette, Villanova, St. John's, Providence, Seton Hall and DePaul who dont' have BCS Football teams. That is 7 teams right there. Then you have UConn, West Va, Notre Dame(independent in football), Louisville, South Florida, Cincinnati and Rutgers. TCU(comes next season). That is 15 teams right there and still a good Basketball Conference. Then they have leverage to make Notre Dame join football conference giving them Louisville, Notre Dame, UConn, West Va, TCU, Rutgers, South Florida in football. So then it gives them Leverage to bring in another school(s) for Football and Basketball, maybe Texas, Missouri, Texas Tech, Baylor, but if this happens they need to re-align Basketball. Here is my Realignment Idea.

Football- Notre Dame, Louisville, West VA, UConn, South Florida, Cincinnati, Rutgers, TCU, Texas, Missouri, Texas Tech, Baylor

Basketball- Marquette, Villanova, St.Johns, Georgetown, Plus 12 teams from football

I know this is cutting out Seton Hall, Providence,DePaul but they really haven't added much to the Conference lately.

Just my random idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

You can actually swap Texas Tech and Baylor for Kansas and Kansas St. Any of those 4 teams would be fine, I just picked Texas Tech and Baylor because their football programs are a little better now.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Not sure, but I think Big East Basketball will go on. I mean you have Georgetown, Marquette, Villanova, St. John's, Providence, Seton Hall and DePaul who dont' have BCS Football teams. That is 7 teams right there. Then you have UConn, West Va, Notre Dame(independent in football), Louisville, South Florida, Cincinnati and Rutgers. TCU(comes next season). That is 15 teams right there and still a good Basketball Conference. Then they have leverage to make Notre Dame join football conference giving them Louisville, Notre Dame, UConn, West Va, TCU, Rutgers, South Florida in football. So then it gives them Leverage to bring in another school(s) for Football and Basketball, maybe Texas, Missouri, Texas Tech, Baylor, but if this happens they need to re-align Basketball. Here is my Realignment Idea.

Football- Notre Dame, Louisville, West VA, UConn, South Florida, Cincinnati, Rutgers, TCU, Texas, Missouri, Texas Tech, Baylor

Basketball- Marquette, Villanova, St.Johns, Georgetown, Plus 12 teams from football

I know this is cutting out Seton Hall, Providence,DePaul but they really haven't added much to the Conference lately.

Just my random idea.
I'm no College hoops expert by any means. In fact, the only reason I entered this forum today was to get a sense of what basketball fans think of all the rumors and movement occuring these days.

That being said, the common assumption on the College Football forum is that WVU is headed to the SEC and that's probably what prompted Pitt and SU seeking membership in the ACC.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

It would make ALOT more sense for Wets Virginia to go to ACC, but alot of this Realignment stuff makes no sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »