Home

2023-24 College Hoops Thread

This is a discussion on 2023-24 College Hoops Thread within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2024, 06:39 PM   #465
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 2023-24 College Hoops Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontoddwhitt
I wonder if Louisville would make a run at Eric Musselman or Mick Cronin? Or Pat Kelsey at College of Charleston?
Wow, I actually guessed right for once.

Dude is a hell of a coach if he actually lands at Louisville. Because he's not a "name," I'm sure many Louisville fans will hate on it because they were Scott Drew or bust.

I bet they'll be pleasantly surprised if they give him a chance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2024, 07:52 PM   #466
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Seems as though Louisville is going to hire Pat Kelsey from Charleston.

At this rate, I truly don't think any hire could've made me boast with excitement after the past two years. I just want a competent coach who can get us back to winning.
He is a program builder just like alot of these mid major coaches, hes won 186 games at Winthrop and 75 games at CoC in just 3 years. That is an outstanding resume.

I agree with you, at the end of the day all this boils down to is can Kelsey win at Louisville? That is still TBD but its still refreshing to have a new face leading your basketball program.

Arkansas Razorbacks
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions
Old 03-27-2024, 08:59 PM   #467
Rookie

cheesesteak's Arena

OVR: 2

Lampkin and Hadley leaving Colorado and entering transfer portal. https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/new...ansfer-portal/

I'm ignorant, so bear w/ me.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the reasons for transferring these days. It used to just be coaching change or wanting more mins or some family/personal relocation reason. But in these Buffs' case...coach is staying, you're already a starter on a good power conference team, and this doesn't seem to be some family/personal issue. Is it just NIL elsewhere? Search for more glory at a bigger program?

I don't mind the transfer portal (although I wish there were more restrictions...I thought they changed the rule to just 1 transfer allowed while an undergrad?), but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the NEW reasons why players transfer so much. I have to think it's NIL, since a lot don't even go to significantly bigger programs a lot of times.
Oregon State Beavers
Gonzaga Bulldogs
Old 03-28-2024, 12:05 AM   #468
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak
Lampkin and Hadley leaving Colorado and entering transfer portal. https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/new...ansfer-portal/

I'm ignorant, so bear w/ me.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the reasons for transferring these days. It used to just be coaching change or wanting more mins or some family/personal relocation reason. But in these Buffs' case...coach is staying, you're already a starter on a good power conference team, and this doesn't seem to be some family/personal issue. Is it just NIL elsewhere? Search for more glory at a bigger program?

I don't mind the transfer portal (although I wish there were more restrictions...I thought they changed the rule to just 1 transfer allowed while an undergrad?), but I'm still trying to wrap my head around the NEW reasons why players transfer so much. I have to think it's NIL, since a lot don't even go to significantly bigger programs a lot of times.
It's NIL. These guys are essentially signing one-year contracts. I'm all for guys getting their money, but I wish there were more rules surrounding how many times they can transfer. Once as an undergrad, unless it's a hardship (coach leaves, homesickness/illness to be closer to home), and then once if you're a post-graduate.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:09 AM   #469
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

Yes that is a surprise, Colorado was a tournament team this year. I didnt realize Lampkin still has eligibility left, he transferred from TCU just last year.

I think you are right NIL is changing why these guys transfer so frequently now, alot of these guys do this because they want more money I feel like. I personally think the NCAA should do something about this, like if your a grad transfer you can only transfer to one other school after you graduate or you can only transfer 2-3 times.

The transfer portal and NIL are also why we see so many upsets in the NCAA Tournament, Jack Gohlke from Oakland was 25 and still playing college basketball. Again the NCAA needs to find a way to fix this, you cant have 23-26 year olds play college basketball going up against 18-19 year olds.

Arkansas Razorbacks
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions
Old 04-01-2024, 01:52 PM   #470
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Lady Vols fire Kellie Harper.

Danny White has been gold for the athletic department so far, hopefully he can find the right person to get the Lady Vols back to elite status.
Old 04-02-2024, 12:06 AM   #471
Rookie

Razor Hogs's Arena

Our women's coach is on the hot seat too, Mike Neighbors has only been to the tournament twice in 7 years and 0 tournament wins. He is 48-63 in the SEC and we just had 2 key players transfer out so we could struggle next year.

Arkansas Razorbacks
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2024, 02:13 AM   #472
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Lady Vols fire Kellie Harper.

Danny White has been gold for the athletic department so far, hopefully he can find the right person to get the Lady Vols back to elite status.

This made me look up Pat Summitt, I'm an idiot. I thought Harper replaced her. Not only has it been 8 years since she died (and was only 64!), she stepped down in 2012 (at 59!) after losing to Kim Mulkey's Britney Griner juggernaut.

Man, she could've had 20 more year in her, I didn't realize she was so young when alzheimer's hit

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »