Home

Old 02-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #17
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Beating Packman

I absolutely DOMINATED Pac w/ Cotto, & his face was showing it...it was a bloody mess...Cut over eye,under,swollen,& split nose,etc...& w/ 2s left in the final round he warped...i mean lunged @ what look like 20ft w/ a body shot & KO'd me...BS anyway, i got so damned pissed & mashed the controller to the floor...now my body punch modifier is done. Lookin @ some controllers now, but I'm disabled from the demo...done.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:25 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
I absolutely DOMINATED Pac w/ Cotto, & his face was showing it...it was a bloody mess...Cut over eye,under,swollen,& split nose,etc...& w/ 2s left in the final round he warped...i mean lunged @ what look like 20ft w/ a body shot & KO'd me...BS anyway, i got so damned pissed & mashed the controller to the floor...now my body punch modifier is done. Lookin @ some controllers now, but I'm disabled from the demo...done.
Mo all in good joking fun but .......Smart
Old 02-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #19
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I did some testing last night and Pac's over hand modified left is way over powered. I went online and knocked out every Cotto I faced just throwing that punch.

I will need a little more time test but give it a shot and see what you think.
I didn't fight you, but that secret is out it would seem. Every Manny that I fight, tries to time me coming in, and throw that punch. First time I fought a guy who did that I got destroyed, now I come in moving my head looking to counter. But yeah Manny's left with the power modifier is a brutal.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 02-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I didn't fight you, but that secret is out it would seem. Every Manny that I fight, tries to time me coming in, and throw that punch. First time I fought a guy who did that I got destroyed, now I come in moving my head looking to counter. But yeah Manny's left with the power modifier is a brutal.
Yea I like to fight realistic that is my M.O. but since this is a demo and a online one at that. We got to try and find every exploit we can right now. Me and the community guys got in a party chat last night and recorded footage of some of the issues. I am not going to go over all of them here because we don't want them getting leaked to the public super easy. But there is some ways to win just about every fight online with a few areas of "knowledge".

Like the video I am throwing up of me beating on Tyson. I did not even remotely try and fight realistic. I threw hundreds of punches. But my intent was to test this so called "weak" chin of Tyson. I have yet to KO Tyson so I can't find this issue yet that people talk about.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #21
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Like the video I am throwing up of me beating on Tyson. I did not even remotely try and fight realistic. I threw hundreds of punches. But my intent was to test this so called "weak" chin of Tyson. I have yet to KO Tyson so I can't find this issue yet that people talk about.
I think its just hit or miss (no pun intended). I got hit with a non powered non counter jab by Ali in the 1st round and it stunned me pretty bad (after which I got knocked down)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
I think its just hit or miss (no pun intended). I got hit with a non powered non counter jab by Ali in the 1st round and it stunned me pretty bad (after which I got knocked down)
Agreed but that is the thing that needs to be tweaked on a "hit detection" level. It does not look right to see a guy eat 30 heavy power modified shots square on the chin. Then a quick some what weak looking shot lands and it knocks the guy down or stuns him. It takes the "physics" that are highly touted as being so great for judging knockouts and big shots and throws it out the window. Because clearly the animations are not linking right with the detection.

I think the game is excellent and will be one of my favorite games this year. But there is some key areas that need to be looked into. Not so much for this revolutionary overhaul but instead for simple tuning reasons.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #23
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10

If Cotto's right hand was as good as it is in the demo, he would have a good chance of beating Pacman in a rematch, especially if it's at 154 with a real trainer in his corner. Emanuel Steward is working with Cotto on that right hand, he just had surgery recently on his right shoulder and Emanuel thinks that will make a big difference, but he had stated previously that Cotto has been fighting with basically one hand for the past few years.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #24
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I think the game is excellent and will be one of my favorite games this year. But there is some key areas that need to be looked into. Not so much for this revolutionary overhaul but instead for simple tuning reasons.
The sliders will hopefully be able to take care of the fatigue and punch power issues, so those shouldn't be a problem in the full release. I think my biggest gripes will be the still lacking (albeit improved) footwork, questionable judging at times (including the lack of draws online, which especially in 3 rounds, can cause some very funky judging), and the lack of feints (I'd love to see a few animations for this added in... maybe connected to L/R3 [clicking the analogs in])

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »